What's new

My top 5 anime. What's yours?

What's your favorite kind of anime?

• Total voters

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No particular order:

1) Death Note
Just awesome sauce all around. I love the twists and turns as well as Light's development as a character. He's a villain you just cheer for the whole way through.

2) Attack On Titan
I love this anime/manga and always get hype for every release every month. It's thrilling, action packed, and full of highs and lows, but mostly lows lol.

3) Cowboy Bebop

Omg this is the best anime of all time probably. Everyone in this show is a straight boss and does boss shit lol. I love it. So much awesome action and story, and fucking godlike music.

4) Trigun

Vash the Stampede! So badass,this anime makes me laugh, get all teary and is just packed with loads of awesome action.

5) Rurouni Kenshin
I have never had so much fun watching so many one sided fights, except for Ip Man. This fool just wrecks everyone's shit lol.

TKB

Noob
Fate/Zero was good. I've dabbled a little into No Game, No Life. Haven't seen the others yet, but have seen an episode or two of Psycho-Pass. It's different than what I've seen so far.

I've seen scenes on YouTube from people's top 10 and it looked good. I'll be checking it out among many.

I've heard of Angel Beats and Mirai Nikkiwas one that I was going to watch, but my free Hulu ran out and I haven't opted to paying for it yet lol. Steins;Gate is another I need to watch.

DBZ lifers for life lol. Ghost in the shell looked interesting. I contemplate watching it when browsing through Netflix. The rest for some reason haven't peaked my interest when I've read them on Netflix.

I've heard of Gantz and saw a little bit of Berserk, but nothing to know much of either. My brother watched Yu Yu Hakusho, but that was at a time when anime didn't strike an interest in me.

Code Geass looked good when I'd seen it on a top 10, but have yet to watch it. Aside from FM:B, I don't know the rest. I'm going to have to look them up.

I heard Neon Genesis Evangelion was good. What's flcl?

I've seen that on Netflix, but haven't actually watched it yet. I've been curious of it because it speaks of conspiracies and him meeting a woman who is like him.

Another DBZ lifer :) I've never gotten into Naruto, but my brother love that show. And the manga. I could probably watch Bleach now, but back in the day I wouldn't think of it.

Madoka is on Netflix and looks interesting. Just have to take the time to watch it.
Hunter X Hunter is another one that looks like it would be good. Full of superpowers and destruction. Both of which are my favorite lol.

The majority of the one's you listed I've never heard of, but how is Akame ga Kill?

Soul eater is amazing and Blood was cool. The real life movie wasn't too bad either.

How's Black Lagoon? The top 10 videos show it to be a very good anime.

I've gotten about two episodes deep so far and it's interesting. Different than what I've been used to.
I can't get enough of her <3 lol.
Oh man you gotta check out Ghost in the Shell(it's a movie) and Cowboy Bebop.

Cowboy bebop is probably my all time favorite anime(literally tied with dragonball lol)

Corey in the House
King of the Hill
Shrek
Justice League
Hannah Montana

No but forreal though it's like Attack on Titan, Detective Conan/case closed, Samurai Champloo, Dragonball Z and then maybe Naruto. I used to watch a lot of anime as a kid but as of late they aren't very compelling to me unless they have elements that appeal to me mixed in.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Code Geass is the best I've ever seen, and would probably be in everyone's Top 5 here if they'd seen it. For now though, it remains the best kept secret in anime.

Once you've seen it, you probably won't forget it.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Dragonball Z was my gateway into anime. In high school, I'd get real stoned and watch a kamehameha go on for 19 episodes.

Now that I'm a mature ass adult, I enjoy more refined anime. I still like some of the silly, accessible stuff but I really enjoy the ones that make me want to cry.

1. Elfin Lied
2. Girls Bravo!
3. Samurai Champloo
4. Soul Eater
5. Ninja Scroll (not a series, I know)

@Mr Got Merked Black lagoon is an excellent anime that has a diverse set of characters, lots of action, and even some comedic aspects of it. It also has some pretty tragic things as well, definitely worth the watch and has 29 episodes.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Gurren Lagann
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. G Gundam
5. Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons (a new anime this season, but I'm absolutely loving it right now)

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I never really liked anime, and still don't.

With the exception of two shows which I'm not even sure count:
Boondocks (just uses the art style really)
Megas XLR (more of a parody of anime)

I really liked Megas XLR as a kid. It was hilarious. I wonder what happened to it...
If you like the Boondocks (and who the hell don't!), you may like Afro Samurai. They have a similar style and feel, although Afro Samurai has a more traditional anime plotline.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
1. Legend of the Galactic heroes (fucking epic)
2. 100 stories (very cool horror series based on jp mythology)
3. Baccano
4. Shoujo Madoka Magica (Some might take one look and pass you will 100% regret it, just watch to ep.3 and you will be hooked. It is not what you think)
5. Detroit Metal City (Dude can say rape 10x in 1s fucking hilarious nuff said)

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'm really into fluid action anime. Fights that you can see punches and moves follow thru 100%. Once u see my list you guys will understand.

1: FMA:Brotherhood
2. Attack on Titan
3. Soul Eater
4. Fairy Tail (up until the 7 year gap)
5. Samurai Champloo

I've seen plenty anime, and i understand these ones are quite mainstream, but its what appeals to me with the fuild action and less "comic booky" feel.
I agree with you there. I do like the crazy, over the top fights, but I also want to be able to enjoy it. A good example is Legend of the Legendary Heroes. Great anime, but the fights were kind of eh to me.

True Grave

I never really liked anime, and still don't.

With the exception of two shows which I'm not even sure count:
Boondocks (just uses the art style really)
Megas XLR (more of a parody of anime)

I really liked Megas XLR as a kid. It was hilarious. I wonder what happened to it...
I was in the same boat. Some animes I'm still iffy about watching, but I think I have a good grasp as to what I like or would like. As opposed to what I wouldn't like.

True Grave

1. Legend of the Galactic heroes (fucking epic)
2. 100 stories (very cool horror series based on jp mythology)
3. Baccano
4. Shoujo Madoka Magica (Some might take one look and pass you will 100% regret it, just watch to ep.3 and you will be hooked. It is not what you think)
5. Detroit Metal City (Dude can say rape 10x in 1s fucking hilarious nuff said)
They all sound really good. I'm going to check the trailers and see what they have to offer. I'm always open to good anime.

True Grave

No particular order:

1) Death Note
Just awesome sauce all around. I love the twists and turns as well as Light's development as a character. He's a villain you just cheer for the whole way through.

2) Attack On Titan
I love this anime/manga and always get hype for every release every month. It's thrilling, action packed, and full of highs and lows, but mostly lows lol.

3) Cowboy Bebop

Omg this is the best anime of all time probably. Everyone in this show is a straight boss and does boss shit lol. I love it. So much awesome action and story, and fucking godlike music.

4) Trigun

Vash the Stampede! So badass,this anime makes me laugh, get all teary and is just packed with loads of awesome action.

5) Rurouni Kenshin
I have never had so much fun watching so many one sided fights, except for Ip Man. This fool just wrecks everyone's shit lol.
After watching Death Note, I've been secretly wanting my own personal Shinigami lol. In all seriousness tho, Light is one heartless bastard, but you almost don't feel bad for Misha because she lack the utmost common sense.

My body is ready for season 2 of AoT. I believe the manga gets released sometime soon.

True Grave

Oh man you gotta check out Ghost in the Shell(it's a movie) and Cowboy Bebop.

Cowboy bebop is probably my all time favorite anime(literally tied with dragonball lol)
I'll probably watch the movie when I get off of work later. It'll give me something to do before I go to bed and start my day off. Damn graveyard shift.

Cowboy Bebop is popping up a lot so I will incurr about that as well. Especially if it's anything like DBZ.