What's new

My top 5 anime. What's yours?

What's your favorite kind of anime?

• Total voters

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
For starters, I was never an anime fan. I watched DBZ and Sailor Moon as a kid, but that was it. As I got older, I would still only watch DBZ and then I saw a thread on here about anime. I was in a dark place at that time due to a falling out with a girl, and wanted to find new things to keep me busy. So I watched Attack on Titan since I heard how good it was. Mind you at the time I wasn't a big fan of Japanese/subtitles unless it was a foreign film. Mainly Kung Fu movies.

That first episode had me by the balls so hard that I banged out that whole season in one shot. Ducking epic I tell you. After that point, I was like, "What's next?" So I watched Death Note and became even more intrigued by anime due to how heartless of a bastard, Light Yagami was. The rest is history.

Moving forward now to my top 5 anime picks:

* I prefer Japanese with English subtitles over Dubbed, any day. I just did a YouTube search for the trailers and merely copy & pasted them.

1) Elfen Lied
I absolutely love this show. I could watch it over and over and not get sick of it. The bloody goodness it wholesome to my black heart lol. But seriously, it has an amazing story and the action is too good to stop watching. Not to mention that Lucy is my Waifu :D

2) Soul Eater
My little brother recommend that I watch this and for the grueling grind of 4 seasons, this is by far one of my favorites. I like the animation to this and how everyone needed to work as a team. Always. My favourite part was when Soul started to play the piano during the resonating ritual. I wish I could find just the piano song so that I could listen to it with my subs lol. Nonetheless, I wasn't disappointed at all and now that I speak of it. I want to watch it again.

3) Claymore
I had done some searching on YouTube to find some new anime to watch and this popped up several times so I gave it a gander. I'm going to start off by saying, "Where the fuck it season two!?" This released back in 2011 and it's now approaching 2015.

I for one enjoyed the storyline and how every character they showed played some role in Claire's life. Not to mention the brutal sword fights and the exhilarating powers and blood squirts lol. I also liked how they didn't give two shots about the feelings of others when it came time to hand them their death. I like dark and dreary things...

4) Hellsing Ultimate OVA
I had watched the origional Hellsing, but the Ultimate version is downright amazing. I enjoyed that episodes were close to an hour long and how they also dived deeper into his powers and nature. I'm glad that they also took the time to better describe and show what Seras was going through as she converted from human to vampire. Not to mention his overkill army that makes me hype for battle.

5) Sword Art Online
My brother had also recommend this and I have to say it is by far one of the best stories I've seen so far. Season 1 is just godlike, but season two had me a little indifferent towards it. The jumping around from one place to another and having him depict a female avatar was almost a killshot for me.

Season two is good, don't get me wrong. I just think that they could have talked it further with GGO or at least make him more of a monster in ALO. Nonetheless, I'll be there tomorrow when this week's episode is released.

Honorable top 5 mentions:

* Now I have to say that they were all very hard to not have on my top 5 list so we're going to make an honorable top 5 list. These are in no particular order.

1) Sekerie
I'm not one for Henti, but the amount of breast exposure in here is pretty amazing. These woman fight and fight, only to be stripped of their clothes and ashamed that they lost. Not because their breasts are exposed. Superpowers and a strong will to love one another is what this about and I give it two thumbs up.

2) High School DxD
This is probably my favorite harem style anime. Rias Gremory is another waifu, but the lewdness is on another level. It's funny how all the woman fight over the main character, but it also fuels his will to win. This becomes more noticeable after he comes up with his own move-set. If big boobs, demons, superpowers and lewdness are your thing than this is right up your alley.

3) A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives
(COULDNT FIND TRAILER)
This one is about a man who becomes bitten by a vampire, but she's also a witch too. She makes him immortal, but only up to 7 deaths within a 15 minute timeframe. Superpowers, a trolling twin brother and a great story about protecting the one you love. A must see.

4) Freezing (Season 1) / Freezing Vibration (Season 2)

Freezing

Freezing: Vibration
Both seasons were amazing and the powers these female babes have are pretty cool. Especially since they are in a school setting to better hone these special abilities. They also fight these huge beings from another dimension, but these beings are almost like a sign from God. Kind of like a sign from God and the Tower of Babel.

5) Heavens Lost Property
Here is another lewd, harem style anime with funny innuendos and a great story. It's about this guy who lives by himself, but get an Angeloid sent down to him to protect. She's the Queens of Uranus and her Aegis system is unparalleled. He also gets several otheres sent down to kill him and Ikaros, but instead have a change of heart.

Now that I've ranted and raved about my top 5 picks, I ask you. What are yours? Favourites, dislikes, opinions, and anything else anime related is welcomed. Now go fourth my brothers and discuss.

Last edited:

True Grave

1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Naruto Shippuden
3. Fairy Tail
4. Sailor Moon
5. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
DBZ will always be my favorite, but I decided to omit it from my list. What's your favorite scene from DBZ or DBGT? Also, what do you think about the new Frieza movie coming out next year?

1. Psycho-Pass
2. Samurai Champloo
3. Death Note
4. Attack on Titan
5. Zankyou no Terror
How is Psycho-Pass? I've been thinking of watching it, but not sure if it'll be good or not. And Samurai Champloo looked really good as well, but Netflix only has season two and I'd like to start from the beginning lol.

How is Psycho-Pass? I've been thinking of watching it, but not sure if it'll be good or not. And Samurai Champloo looked really good as well, but Netflix only has season two and I'd like to start from the beginning lol.
The first season of Psycho-Pass is the GODLIKE (My favorite thing about Psycho-Pass is the philosophical mind set of the antagonist, and how both protagonist want the same goal yet have contradicting mind sets.) , the second season so far is pretty good, but no were near the level of the first season. BTW Samurai Champloo is only one season:confused:

True Grave

The first season of Psycho-Pass is the GODLIKE (My favorite thing about Psycho-Pass is the philosophical mind set of the antagonist, and how both protagonist want the same goal yet have contradicting mind sets.) , the second season so far is pretty good, but no were near the level of the first season. BTW Samurai Champloo is only one season:confused:
I'll definitely be checking out Psycho-Pass then. I thoroughly enjoy philosophy so I'm curious now as to what he knows lol. I've thought about watching 'Welcome to NHK' since it was about conspiracies, but just haven't actually watched it yet lol. Netflix displays season 2 episode 1, I believe for Samurai Champloo, but I could be mistaken. Nonetheless, I will check it out as well.

Edit: I had the wrong anime lol. Champloo is only one season.

Last edited:
I'll definitely be checking out Psycho-Pass then. I thoroughly enjoy philosophy so I'm curious now as to what he knows lol. I've thought about watching 'Welcome to NHK' since it was about conspiracies, but just haven't actually watched it yet lol. Netflix displays season 2 episode 1, I believe for Samurai Champloo, but I could be mistaken. Nonetheless, I will check it out as well.
Here's a review of Psycho-Pass I can generally agree with.

Last edited:

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
DBZ will always be my favorite, but I decided to omit it from my list. What's your favorite scene from DBZ or DBGT? Also, what do you think about the new Frieza movie coming out next year?

Dragon Ball Z is my favorite Anime too, I'm looking forward to the new Frieza movie as for my favorite scene I've never thought about it before there are so many great and iconic moments.

True Grave

Dragon Ball Z is my favorite Anime too, I'm looking forward to the new Frieza movie as for my favorite scene I've never thought about it before there are so many great and iconic moments.
This is my favorite scene because Vegeta has always been a badass, heading fists first into battle. However, Broly scares the super Sayian out of him and Vegeta's true colors show lol. Even though it's not Canon.

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Under normal circumstances, I'd list my usual anime preference as fantasy, but my favorite list probably knocks that out of the water.
1:Fist of the North Star
2:Jojo's (2012)
3:Sengoku Basara
4:Naruto, pretty much limited to the Zabuza arc and everything before it
5:Honestly, a tie between Soul Eater, and FMA:B

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
1) dragon ball Z (particularly the cell saga)
2) rouroni kenshin (particularly all of it)
3) yu yu hakisho
4) inuyasha
haven't decided on a 5th, obviously I watched some pretty old school anime. I tried watching soul eater a few times because ive heard great things about it, I think ive seen like 7 or 8 episodes before I gave up because it absolutely refused to hold my interest. I also completely missed out on bleach so im thinking about getting into it.

True Grave

1) dragon ball Z (particularly the cell saga)
2) rouroni kenshin (particularly all of it)
3) yu yu hakisho
4) inuyasha
haven't decided on a 5th, obviously I watched some pretty old school anime. I tried watching soul eater a few times because ive heard great things about it, I think ive seen like 7 or 8 episodes before I gave up because it absolutely refused to hold my interest. I also completely missed out on bleach so im thinking about getting into it.
Id have to say that the Buu saga was my favorite. As much as I liked the Cell saga and how badass Gohan was in slapping Cell around. Super Buu just grasped me like no other enemy. I've seen very little of inuyasha, but from what I've seen it looked pretty cool. I've never seen bleach, but have heardd good things about it.

You should give any one of the amines that I have listed. Especially Elfen Lied if you're looking to fill that #5 spot. Also try Fate/Zero. That shit was pretty sick too. Just a little slow in some spots tho.

True Grave

Under normal circumstances, I'd list my usual anime preference as fantasy, but my favorite list probably knocks that out of the water.
1:Fist of the North Star
2:Jojo's (2012)
3:Sengoku Basara
4:Naruto, pretty much limited to the Zabuza arc and everything before it
5:Honestly, a tie between Soul Eater, and FMA:B
From playing the demo to Fist of the North Star, I've thought about watching it. It's just that there's so many episodes and and I'm like :eek: when I think about the grind. Sengoku is on Netflix but it's season 2 and I want to watch the first beforehand. Never really watched Naruto, but my brother loves it. What's FMA:B?

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
From playing the demo to Fist of the North Star, I've thought about watching it. It's just that there's so many episodes and and I'm like :eek: when I think about the grind. Sengoku is on Netflix but it's season 2 and I want to watch the first beforehand. Never really watched Naruto, but my brother loves it. What's FMA:B?
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Also, I think both seasons of Basara are on Hulu, least they were back when I watched it.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I hate shounen anime (with a few exceptions) don't kill me.

Top 5 are:

1) Fate/ Zero
2)No Game, No Life
3)Kara no Kyoukai
4)Psycho-Pass
5)Btooom!

special mentions: OreImo, OreGairu and all anime related to Gen Urobochi (F/Z, Psycho-Pass, Madoka, Aldnoah; Zero, Suisei no Gargantia)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Pretty garbage how all the S1 characters get shafted in S2 and all the emphasis was on the new characters except for Akane and the Sybil system. Like Gino is not a complete idiot, where's his screen time? I expected him to be the second Masaoka in S2.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Shigurui: Death Frenzy
Hands down favorite. I wish I knew about more anime done in this style. More somber, adult and artistic, and less wide-eyed goofy yelling.

TKB

Noob
1. Dragonball/Dragonball Z
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Ghost in the Shell
4. Trigun
5. The Boondocks(I count this as anime, I fucking love this show :p I know it's not Japanese but idc)

Edit: I totally forgot another one, Lupin III.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
My top 5 anime
1. Gantz
2. Berserk
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. yu yu hakusho
5. shin chan :DOGE

but seriously my number 5 would probably be brotherhood since that is the first anime i watched completely.
edit: i forgot about angel beats......i was really close to shedding a tear.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Shigurui: Death Frenzy
Hands down favorite. I wish I knew about more anime done in this style. More somber, adult and artistic, and less wide-eyed goofy yelling.
yo that anime had amazing art and storytelling.....i wish more people watched this one....definitely in my top 10

Whitefox

Noob
1. Neon genesis evangelion (original 1995 series fuck that rebuild crap)
2. Cowboy bebop
3. Flcl
4. Ghost in the shell
5. Samuria champloo

26 ep or under, GITS is an exception

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Edit: I had the wrong anime lol. Champloo is only one season.
NHK is my fave of all time. Not ashamed of tearing up a bit watching through the whole thing.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
1. DBZ - Its honestly what started my anime craze way back in the late 90's. Gohan vs Cell is forever my favorite match in that anime.

2. Claymore - An amazing anime, atleast until the last 2 episodes because then it trails off from the manga (which is a MUST READ)

3. Bleach - Ever since the Captain arc i was hooked. Even though its had some pretty dull moments it always picked itself back up.

4. Naruto - I honestly thought this series was a joke until i finally sat down and ran through the episodes. I regret nothing. Now that the manga is done, i cant wait to see the last of it animated.

5. Freezing - Despite its Harem qualities and whatnot, its a really solid anime for action-goers. I got into the book first and im glad the show didnt leave out too much when compared to it. Such destruction much wow