My top 5 anime. What's yours?

What's your favorite kind of anime?

• Total voters

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
1. Hunter x Hunter (Hidden Greatness)
2. Cromartie High (My Kind of humor)
3. Dragonball Z
4. Hitman Reborn ( Im the real life Tsuna :p)
5. Tie between Shamurai champloo(dat music), Death note( dat plot), and Yu Yu Hakusho ( Dat nostalgic intro)

Pretty garbage how all the S1 characters get shafted in S2 and all the emphasis was on the new characters except for Akane and the Sybil system. Like Gino is not a complete idiot, where's his screen time? I expected him to be the second Masaoka in S2.
Yeah I was really excited to see Ginoza as an enforcer but they hardly gave him any screen time, and that season finale was ass. :mad: Urobochi is working on the movie though, so hopefully it's as good as season 1.

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
3. Dragonball Z
5. Tie between Shamurai champloo(dat music), Death note( dat plot), and Yu Yu Hakusho ( Dat nostalgic intro)
Forgot about Cromartie, in hindsight, how could I forget

3. Dragonball Z
Samurai Champloo has one of my favorite soundtracks on an anime, my favorite track is 1st Samurai by Nujabes, it fit in so well on the fight, Mugen vs Shoryu

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Its hard to pick all time right now(too many to choose from) but I'll give my Top 5 of the ones Ive seen this year
1) Pyscho-Pass
2) Ace of Diamond
3) Akame ga Kill
4) Durarara
5) Magic Kaito 1412

Top 5 mentions
1) Baccano
2) Hajime no Ippo
3) Aoi no Exorcist
4) Kenichi
5) Kuroko no Basuke

You all said some awesome ones that I love as well

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
5. FMA: Brotherhood
4. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
3. Soul Eater
2. Trigun
1. Cowboy Bebop

Films:

5. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
4. Blood: The Last Vampire
3. Ninja Scroll
2. Ghost in the Shell
1. Akira

That knock knock at the end doe, I bet it's Kogami
Kogami has been confirmed for the movie already but I've heard he might be the "villain", I put "villain" in quotation because if he's going against Akane and the Sibyl System then it would make the villain vs hero thing less simple than the black and white villain vs hero situation that were used to in anime. (So long as Kogami doesn't go murdering people like Makishima)

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I hate shounen anime (with a few exceptions) don't kill me.

Top 5 are:

1) Fate/ Zero
2)No Game, No Life
3)Kara no Kyoukai
4)Psycho-Pass
5)Btooom!

special mentions: OreImo, OreGairu and all anime related to Gen Urobochi (F/Z, Psycho-Pass, Madoka, Aldnoah; Zero, Suisei no Gargantia)
Fate/Zero was good. I've dabbled a little into No Game, No Life. Haven't seen the others yet, but have seen an episode or two of Psycho-Pass. It's different than what I've seen so far.
Shigurui: Death Frenzy
Hands down favorite. I wish I knew about more anime done in this style. More somber, adult and artistic, and less wide-eyed goofy yelling.
I've seen scenes on YouTube from people's top 10 and it looked good. I'll be checking it out among many.
1. Angel Beats
2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
3. Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)
4. Death Note
5. Steins;Gate
I've heard of Angel Beats and Mirai Nikkiwas one that I was going to watch, but my free Hulu ran out and I haven't opted to paying for it yet lol. Steins;Gate is another I need to watch.
1. Dragonball/Dragonball Z
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Ghost in the Shell
4. Trigun
5. The Boondocks(I count this as anime, I fucking love this show :p I know it's not Japanese but idc)

Edit: I totally forgot another one, Lupin III.
DBZ lifers for life lol. Ghost in the shell looked interesting. I contemplate watching it when browsing through Netflix. The rest for some reason haven't peaked my interest when I've read them on Netflix.
My top 5 anime
1. Gantz
2. Berserk
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. yu yu hakusho
5. shin chan :DOGE

but seriously my number 5 would probably be brotherhood since that is the first anime i watched completely.
edit: i forgot about angel beats......i was really close to shedding a tear.
I've heard of Gantz and saw a little bit of Berserk, but nothing to know much of either. My brother watched Yu Yu Hakusho, but that was at a time when anime didn't strike an interest in me.
1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
3. Code Geass
4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
5. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Code Geass looked good when I'd seen it on a top 10, but have yet to watch it. Aside from FM:B, I don't know the rest. I'm going to have to look them up.
1. Neon genesis evangelion (original 1995 series fuck that rebuild crap)
2. Cowboy bebop
3. Flcl
4. Ghost in the shell
5. Samuria champloo

26 ep or under, GITS is an exception
I heard Neon Genesis Evangelion was good. What's flcl?
NHK is my fave of all time. Not ashamed of tearing up a bit watching through the whole thing.
I've seen that on Netflix, but haven't actually watched it yet. I've been curious of it because it speaks of conspiracies and him meeting a woman who is like him.
1. DBZ - Its honestly what started my anime craze way back in the late 90's. Gohan vs Cell is forever my favorite match in that anime.

2. Claymore - An amazing anime, atleast until the last 2 episodes because then it trails off from the manga (which is a MUST READ)

3. Bleach - Ever since the Captain arc i was hooked. Even though its had some pretty dull moments it always picked itself back up.

4. Naruto - I honestly thought this series was a joke until i finally sat down and ran through the episodes. I regret nothing. Now that the manga is done, i cant wait to see the last of it animated.

5. Freezing - Despite its Harem qualities and whatnot, its a really solid anime for action-goers. I got into the book first and im glad the show didnt leave out too much when compared to it. Such destruction much wow
Another DBZ lifer :) I've never gotten into Naruto, but my brother love that show. And the manga. I could probably watch Bleach now, but back in the day I wouldn't think of it.
1. Fate/Zero
2. AoT
3. Madoka Magica
Madoka is on Netflix and looks interesting. Just have to take the time to watch it.
3. Dragonball Z
Hunter X Hunter is another one that looks like it would be good. Full of superpowers and destruction. Both of which are my favorite lol.
Its hard to pick all time right now(too many to choose from) but I'll give my Top 5 of the ones Ive seen this year
1) Pyscho-Pass
2) Ace of Diamond
3) Akame ga Kill
4) Durarara
5) Magic Kaito 1412

Top 5 mentions
1) Baccano
2) Hajime no Ippo
3) Aoi no Exorcist
4) Kenichi
5) Kuroko no Basuke

You all said some awesome ones that I love as well
The majority of the one's you listed I've never heard of, but how is Akame ga Kill?
5. FMA: Brotherhood
4. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
3. Soul Eater
2. Trigun
1. Cowboy Bebop

Films:

5. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
4. Blood: The Last Vampire
3. Ninja Scroll
2. Ghost in the Shell
1. Akira
Soul eater is amazing and Blood was cool. The real life movie wasn't too bad either.
1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Full Metal Panic
3. Tenchi Muyo
4. Ruroni Kenshin
5. Ace of the Diamond

My top 5:
Naruto
Bleach
Akame ga kill
Death note
Black lagoon
But since there are others I really enjoyed I will list them too:
Code Grass
Attack on titan
Cowboy bebop
And might have forgot something lol but that is my list
How's Black Lagoon? The top 10 videos show it to be a very good anime.
@Mr Got Merked, I don't know if your watching Psycho-Pass or not but if you are, don't watch the second season, it's ass.
I've gotten about two episodes deep so far and it's interesting. Different than what I've been used to.
I can't get enough of her <3 lol.

Mulder

King of Heroes
Fate/Zero was good. I've dabbled a little into No Game, No Life. Haven't seen the others yet, but have seen an episode or two of Psycho-Pass. It's different than what I've seen so far.

I've seen scenes on YouTube from people's top 10 and it looked good. I'll be checking it out among many.

I've heard of Angel Beats and Mirai Nikkiwas one that I was going to watch, but my free Hulu ran out and I haven't opted to paying for it yet lol. Steins;Gate is another I need to watch.

DBZ lifers for life lol. Ghost in the shell looked interesting. I contemplate watching it when browsing through Netflix. The rest for some reason haven't peaked my interest when I've read them on Netflix.

I've heard of Gantz and saw a little bit of Berserk, but nothing to know much of either. My brother watched Yu Yu Hakusho, but that was at a time when anime didn't strike an interest in me.

Code Geass looked good when I'd seen it on a top 10, but have yet to watch it. Aside from FM:B, I don't know the rest. I'm going to have to look them up.

I've seen that on Netflix, but haven't actually watched it yet. I've been curious of it because it speaks of conspiracies and him meeting a woman who is like him.

Another DBZ lifer :) I've never gotten into Naruto, but my brother love that show. And the manga. I could probably watch Bleach now, but back in the day I wouldn't think of it.

Madoka is on Netflix and looks interesting. Just have to take the time to watch it.
Hunter X Hunter is another one that looks like it would be good. Full of superpowers and destruction. Both of which are my favorite lol.

The majority of the one's you listed I've never heard of, but how is Akame ga Kill?

Soul eater is amazing and Blood was cool. The real life movie wasn't too bad either.

I've gotten about two episodes deep so far and it's interesting. Different than what I've been used to.
In terms of Madoka all I'd say is to avoid the Third Movie. It's pretty bad.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Kogami has been confirmed for the movie already but I've heard he might be the "villain", I put "villain" in quotation because if he's going against Akane and the Sibyl System then it would make the villain vs hero thing less simple than the black and white villain vs hero situation that were used to in anime. (So long as Kogami doesn't go murdering people like Makishima)
My initial speculation for S2 was Kogami being the second Makishima but doing things differently. But obviously, there's Kirito doing that already

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

Akame is good, really nice action scenes with a lot of chracter death

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I'm really into fluid action anime. Fights that you can see punches and moves follow thru 100%. Once u see my list you guys will understand.

1: FMA:Brotherhood
2. Attack on Titan
3. Soul Eater
4. Fairy Tail (up until the 7 year gap)
5. Samurai Champloo

I've seen plenty anime, and i understand these ones are quite mainstream, but its what appeals to me with the fuild action and less "comic booky" feel.

I never really liked anime, and still don't.

With the exception of two shows which I'm not even sure count:
Boondocks (just uses the art style really)
Megas XLR (more of a parody of anime)

I really liked Megas XLR as a kid. It was hilarious. I wonder what happened to it...