What's new

MY MKX PATCH WISH LIST FOR KP2 (POST YOURS)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Blocks stun is a tricky one

They need to find the balance otherwise there be crazy frame traps since you can't react to the animation like MK9s Johnny Cage F3 stagger

But you people are speaking on specials and block stun is a bit much, they would need to get it to where you know it's your turn to punish, no blockstun = people will be getting away with punishable moves because the opponents wasn't ready (think of Kano's straight ball)
too much blockstun = you get a missed input due to awkward timing

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Blocks stun is a tricky one

They need to find the balance otherwise there be crazy frame traps since you can't react to the animation like MK9s Johnny Cage F3 stagger

But you people are speaking on specials and block stun is a bit much, they would need to get it to where you know it's your turn to punish, no blockstun = people will be getting away with punishable punished because the opponents wasn't ready (think of Kano's straight ball)
too much blockstun = you get a missed input due to awkward timing
I don't believe anyone is asking for blockstun to be removed altogether. Just make it consistent across the board.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I don't believe anyone is asking for blockstun to be removed altogether. Just make it consistent across the board.
Yeah I know, wasn't aiming it at you as if you where implying it, I am just speaking in general.

They did go overboard this game.

Wigy

There it is...
Lol. Just go into the lab and learn how to punish
Learn the specific punish timing to every special, with very hard to judge long ass stun animations? Make it like mk9 it was a million times better then.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Does anybody else think the gap in Fisticuffs speedbag string after the second hit is completely unnecessary? I think it hurts him a lot.
I mean, it's his only distinctive string, come on... it's -3, and he can't do much after it. Should he also be scared of doing more than 2 reps...?

And what about his options after f3? It's a great normal that in this variation leads to nothing, while in the other two gives you access to good pressure, mixups and blockstrings.
FC after F3 can just do 4 (12% if the F3 hits...wow), or exforceball (spending meter just to be safe)...and that's it. If the Fistbump B, F+1 was better (or had an ex version) maybe we could use it after F3 to have more options...too much to ask?

God, I hope this patch brings something for this variation, because he's falling and falling after every patch with all the buffs everyone gets.

Last edited:

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Agree with everything except taking away the advantage for Tremor in Crystalline. I mean really, he's only plus 2 and with the low profiling he doesn't even get too much of it. Sure he can get a poke in afterwards but if he follows that up with another shatter it can be armored through, and if it's blocked it's only neutral. He needs it. :oops:
You sure the low EX DB1 is only +2?

Zaccel

Noob
I don't mean to come off as condescending here, and variable blockstun isn't always easy to deal with, but there will never be such a thing as "universal blockstun". For a move with a lot of recovery frames to be much safer when blocked, there simply has to be a lot of blockstun for it. And vice versa.
I understand where you're coming from, but it is possible. For example, in some Street Fighter games (I'll use the SRK wiki's ST page as an example):

"Depending on the strength of a Normal Attack, the character will be in a longer state of hitstun or blockstun. As a general rule of thumb, Light Normal Attacks cause 11 frames of hitstun/blockstun, Medium Normal Attacks cause 16 frames of hitstun/blockstun and Hard Normal Attacks cause 20 frames of hitstun/blockstun. Although this may vary, depending on if the attack is a jumping attack and whether the opponent is standing or crouching. This can also vary with Special Attacks and Command Normal Attacks. The important thing to remember so that this info is not confusing, is that all Jumping Normal Attacks cause the same amount of hitstun (11 frames), but cause different amounts of blockstun (depends on the strength of the Normal). "

It's not perfect, but generally attacks of a certain class cause a consistent amount of blockstun, and the safety of an attack is indicated by how its recovery interfaces with that blockstun (rather than mounting more blockstun onto the opponent to compensate for long recovery).

Like I said, I understand where you're coming from--it's not a perfect system, and MKX is likely past the point of no return in the blockstun department--but it's possible to make blockstun mostly consistent, and that's what some people want.

This is partly why I'd like Reptile's db4 to have a different effect on block: if we can't have universal blockstun, at least having it stagger or something would give its long blockstun a visual.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
leave my 13% otg and plus frames alone please

would be nice too see mileena with better air sai's like mentioned and something done to ravenous so it isnt a fuk boi variation anymore

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I'd be real happy if Cybernetic Kano could Special Cancel his 1+3 combo string enders like BS Shinnok and Cyro Sub Zero can do with their 1+3 strings. NRS would have to adjust the positioning for the 1+3 ender so the opponent would be easily within db1 range for midscreen combos. Cybernetic Multi Knives being more + on block would be nice too. Commando needs his MB Wood Chipper damage to do 18% like the non MB version and scale less damage. Commando's command grabs need the whiffing issues fixed, no reason why they should completely whiff when the opponent does certain attacks and special moves. Cutthroat just needs the hotfix nerfs to his Charge Up removed, he was PERFECT before the hotfix.

Also, for some reason, Kano's d3, b3, and f33 on hit cause the opponent to low profile Kano's Choke and High Knife, so hitboxes and hurtboxes need to be fixed there. Black Dragon Ball cancel needs to scale less damage and cause more hitstun so it's considerably easier to connect dash->NJP.

Kano deserves this and then some, considering what other characters have gotten.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'd be real happy if Cybernetic Kano could Special Cancel his 1+3 combo string enders like BS Shinnok and Cyro Sub Zero can do with their 1+3 strings. NRS would have to adjust the positioning for the 1+3 ender so the opponent would be easily within db1 range for midscreen combos. Cybernetic Multi Knives being more + on block would be nice too. Commando needs his MB Wood Chipper damage to do 18% like the non MB version and scale less damage. Commando's command grabs need the whiffing issues fixed, no reason why they should completely whiff when the opponent does certain attacks and special moves. Cutthroat just needs the hotfix nerfs to his Charge Up removed, he was PERFECT before the hotfix.

Also, for some reason, Kano's d3, b3, and f33 on hit cause the opponent to low profile Kano's Choke and High Knife, so hitboxes and hurtboxes need to be fixed there. Black Dragon Ball cancel needs to scale less damage and cause more hitstun so it's considerably easier to connect dash->NJP.

Kano deserves this and then some, considering what other characters have gotten.
I don't think Commando doesn't need both wood chipper and ex ball combos to do more damage, that's overkill for a variation with 15-20% parries and 15-20% command grabs as well. Cutthroat only needs the DoT from ex buff removed, he was pretty broken before the hotfix lol. Black Dragon Ball shouldn't scale less because that would affect all three variations and make the point of the variation-specific combo extenders useless since they'd scale more. MB Wood Chipper by itself could do with less scaling though.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Jacqui:
-F1,2,1 comes out on block and whiff.
-Tech Shield starts up much faster (also anything that a character throws/launches or fires at you should be considered a projectile and thus can be absorbed/shielded).
-EX BF2 now launches on hit (and doesn't send the opponent flying 50+ feet away to make it a hassle just to connect off a run cancel).
-Fix random whiffing issues on some of her strings and specials due to breathing hurtboxes/stances/whatever. F2,U2, 2+4 and B2 xx DB3 come to mind.

Liu Kang:
-Give Flame Fist an EX parry that you can do on startup that counters all levels of non-projectile moves (overhead, low, airborne, Kung Lao's Cyclone/Vortex etc.)
-Flame Fist EX Fireball is actually a mid now like it says it is in training and can't be crouched.
-Dualist Yin (Light) charge can be special cancelled out of.
-Dualist Yang (Dark) charge, you can continue to charge after releasing if you aren't fully charged but the timer from when you started the initial charge remains the same so it will deactivate during the same period no matter what. Add a slight cooldown before you can charge again.
-Light Fireballs have less recovery.
-Dark Fireball can be meterburned for the stop input (DB1+BLK) so that they explode immediately and will combo off of Liu Kang's strings.

-Leave A-List Jonathan Cage as is. No nerfing. #GetFucked.

General:

-Block Breakers either cost 1.5 bars or 1 bar and full stamina as suggested.
-Make X-rays punishable on block
-Neutral throw input results in a forward throw and not a back throw when it connects
-Put Jade in the game

Last edited:

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Problem? If someone wants to go all in, then I think in general I think they should be open to full punishment when their gamble is blocked and the defender is still alive (I say "blocked" instead of "wrong" because they can still be punished on whiff).

Edit: Oh, I guess your boy Quan gets the short end of the deal as the game is now. But I think the ones that are totally safe don't need to be, given the position both characters are usually in afterward.

Last edited:
Make Jason, Goro, Ferra/Torr, Mileena and Kenshi viable. Give us a REASON to use those characters over anyone else in the cast because right now they have NOTHING going for them and nobody would care if they were patched out.

Then worry about balancing variations.