What's new

MY MKX PATCH WISH LIST FOR KP2 (POST YOURS)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Can we leave Tanya alone? Youph, it's possible to be "braindead" without being OP, she's just a straigh forward character, if anything it serves to make her more readable. I gotta say, Immortal is right about her far as I can call it.

Actually not a single member of the cast can punish Quans D1 with throw, because throw is a high and at no point during any stage of his animation does he leave low profiling state. Test it yourself.

You should at least attempt to lab things before throwing out ridiculous statements, your lack of actual knowledge on Quan Chi just serves to shine light on why you are one of the few people who think this character isn't OP. It's irrelevant, because you said how it's full combo punishable by everyone he needs it against, throws (that once again, do NOT punish this) = full combo now? Cmon man just stop
I lab a lot of things. D1 will always get punished on block. apologies for your wrongness

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
adjust meter build:
less meter build while you are attacking and your opponent is blocking
more meter build while you are blocking your opponent's pressure
more so just adjust it so the meter gain doesn't favor offense waaaaaaaay more than defense. i feel like this is why most of the characters in the game are so busted. some pressure characters just build resources way faster because they have long strings that can be canceled into a safe special move that builds close to a bar.

Change the resources certain mechanics require:
Backdashing doesnt require stamina - honestly with how pressure heavy this game is i find it pretty dumb that defensive movement is so weak)
breaker requires 2 bars and no stamina or half stamina - its kinda whack that you can't really move very well after getting your opponent off of you, what did you break for?
block breaker requires 1 bar and no stamina or half stamina - basically block breakers have to cost less than regular breakers, especially since you build more meter while getting hit so you might as well just get hit and break. ive never seen block breaker be used once and its silly to have such a pointless mechanic in the game.

im more interested in general system changes than character changes. i feel like it would be cool if we see the meta completely shift in season 2 personally.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I lab a lot of things. D1 will always get punished on block. apologies for your wrongness
Record a video of you recording Quan throwing out a D1, and then punishing a blocked D1 with throw and I'll apologise. Because otherwise - you are simply lying again, as you've been caught doing with Quan like a thousands times now. How the hell do you punish a low profile with a high lol. There is no universal punish here at all.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Record a video of you recording Quan throwing out a D1, and then punishing a blocked D1 with throw and I'll apologise. Because otherwise - you are simply lying again, as you've been caught doing with Quan like a thousands times now. How the hell do you punish a low profile with a high lol. There is no universal punish here at all.
Although d1 is punishable i just labbed it no you cant throw and get a punish.

Espio

Kokomo
Goro has enough plus frames as is and if you want more plus frames use Dragon Fangs for 2,1,2 and ex low stab. There is no reason to buff Goro's plus frames when that is not a weakness or issue of his at all. That makes absolutely no sense.

That ex punch walk buff is just ridiculous when the move checks so many boxes from safeness to tank like armor to fast advancing and combo launching and then making it plus too?

And why would you advocate for adding a gap to punch walk, it's like none of these suggestions are thought out in a cohesive way. If you want plus on block specials, use the two variations that provide it.

The non-Goro players made more sensible change suggestions like a faster run/walk speed. If you have an issue with Goro's footsies, improving movement would make more sense than making him absolutely stupid.

If he needs anything else, it's very minuscule things, nothing crazy or over the top.

Last edited:

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
No patch but KP2 chars and maybe some bonus stuff like stages. Patch are fine when something is gamebreaker but im sick of this generation of fighting games that change the meta every 6 months.

Your character is not "Top tier" ? Deal with it or play one that is. The over-balancing only lead to more people upset because their character will now "sux" against "insert character name". Its like asking fix the netcode, you can't balance all character perfectly without redo the core mechanic of the game. Asking for more patch = Hamster Wheel.

I GOT HANDS

D1 most certainly is punishable, just only by about 3 characters in the entire game, off a 2-3 frame window, coming after a 9 frame reaction. To call it an "extremely risky one " is ridiculous.

@Dankster Morgan Nobody is saying this character is a master on the defence defence, and if they are I disagree with them. His D1 is only +2, and for all intents and purposes he has no armor. His poke however does do its one role of stopping pressure too fast to be poked out by anything else just fine, he has one of the best backdashes in the game, and his defensive space control is some of the best in the game, and next to all that, he still has the exact same amount of life and the exact same block button as every other character. So to describe him as "all offense, no defence" is absolutely incorrect. He may have one less option that other characters for gettin out of pressure, but he also has an option a lot of other characters don't considering so many backdashes are extremely bad, regardless defence isn't specific to escaping pressure and when it comes to playing defensively in the neutral he has more options than practically anyone.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I won't go as far as to say his d1 is punishable.

What I will say is that on block, it allows for the opponent to have their turn again, especially since the d1 is easily baited. Which is fine. It should work that way.

I don't necessarily think the backlash talk is as godly as some, what with strings like D'Vorah's F1, Kotal's B1, Shinnok's f41d2, among others that advance their characters forward movement, thus blowing up back dashing.

Anyway, continue the "nerf Quan" thread

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
D1 most certainly is punishable, just only by about 3 characters in the entire game, off a 2-3 frame window, coming after a 9 frame reaction. To call it an "extremely risky one " is ridiculous.

@Dankster Morgan Nobody is saying this character is a master on the defence defence, and if they are I disagree with them. His D1 is only +2, and for all intents and purposes he has no armor. His poke however does do its one role of stopping pressure too fast to be poked out by anything else just fine, he has one of the best backdashes in the game, and his defensive space control is some of the best in the game, and next to all that, he still has the exact same amount of life and the exact same block button as every other character. So to describe him as "all offense, no defence" is absolutely incorrect. He may have one less option that other characters for gettin out of pressure, but he also has an option a lot of other characters don't considering so many backdashes are extremely bad, regardless defence isn't specific to escaping pressure and when it comes to playing defensively in the neutral he has more options than practically anyone.
Yeah even if they don't get a full combo, a blocked d1 sure as hell means Quan doesn't get to have a turn any time soon.

I GOT HANDS

Well, no option will ever be the correct choice for absolutely every single option, and some strings are flat out BDash counters. Not every character has this sort of string and even less consider their best pressure string or can even continue pressure after throwing it out. It's as good a defensive option as any other backdash is, at the very least.

Yeah even if they don't get a full combo, a blocked d1 sure as hell means Quan doesn't get to have a turn any time soon.
I mean the same can be said for just about every D1 in the game, most of them range from -7 to -11. And even as far as 6 frame D1 goes, it's not even the most punishable, Ermacs is a frame worse on block, QCs is tied with Shinnok, Scorpion, and I BELIEVE one other one I forget who but I know the only people with 6f pokes less punishable are Kotal and Goro. And sure, we can say QC gets a lot less offensively off his D1 which is true, but it also gets him out of pressure, and for a character who already has the best offense in the game which is offset by his lack of ways to get out of pressure, the way this translates to his gameplay is still very strong. It's not the best D1 in the game, but it's an excellent tool that he did not need. On the positive side, as far as 6f D1s go, Rude is right, it works as it should. Gets him out of pressure and gives up his turn on block, but doesn't guarantee anything offensively unlike say Scorps 6f D1.
But I think it's important that we recognise the character has a 9f low hitting D3 which is +15 on hit, -1 on block, aka Sub-Zeros D3. Quan never has to press D1 unless he's using it to get out of pressure, and even the only at times with gaps that are 9f or or lower - a job which it does just fine, should it really give him his offense back for free on hit as well? He shouldn't even really have the 6f D1 for getting out of pressure at all, he has much more options for getting out of offense than his opponents have for getting out of his, the only argument for him getting he 6f poke implemented in the first case was that he gets block infinite without it, except the block infinite was removed as soon as he got the D1 anyway so now the only justification is "well it isn't THAT good and doesn't get his offense started", sure but that's not his only poke and we needn't look at it in a vacuum, it works just fine for doing its role of breaking pressure on a correct read, and this character is meant to be balanced around not having such options. How you gunna have the fastest poke in the game, the fastest NJP in the game and top 3 backdash in the game, and claim NO defensive options. "No defensive options" is what his opponents have against him when they get caught in the blender. Vice versa the same cannot even close to be said

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
adjust meter build:
less meter build while you are attacking and your opponent is blocking
more meter build while you are blocking your opponent's pressure
more so just adjust it so the meter gain doesn't favor offense waaaaaaaay more than defense. i feel like this is why most of the characters in the game are so busted. some pressure characters just build resources way faster because they have long strings that can be canceled into a safe special move that builds close to a bar.

Change the resources certain mechanics require:
Backdashing doesnt require stamina - honestly with how pressure heavy this game is i find it pretty dumb that defensive movement is so weak)
breaker requires 2 bars and no stamina or half stamina - its kinda whack that you can't really move very well after getting your opponent off of you, what did you break for?
block breaker requires 1 bar and no stamina or half stamina - basically block breakers have to cost less than regular breakers, especially since you build more meter while getting hit so you might as well just get hit and break. ive never seen block breaker be used once and its silly to have such a pointless mechanic in the game.

im more interested in general system changes than character changes. i feel like it would be cool if we see the meta completely shift in season 2 personally.
I couldn't agree more. Great post. (^_-)b

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Every time I see people asking for Tremor nerfs I cringe...but I suppose with some other dirt being taken out of the game it would be justified. But am I wrong for wanting things to stay consistent with the roster as is? Fixes are always welcome, but big buffs and nerfs are tiring me. All of the changes within one year is insane.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Well, no option will ever be the correct choice for absolutely every single option, and some strings are flat out BDash counters. Not every character has this sort of string and even less consider their best pressure string or can even continue pressure after throwing it out. It's as good a defensive option as any other backdash is, at the very least.

I mean the same can be said for just about every D1 in the game, most of them range from -7 to -11. And even as far as 6 frame D1 goes, it's not even the most punishable, Ermacs is a frame worse on block, QCs is tied with Shinnok, Scorpion, and I BELIEVE one other one I forget who but I know the only people with 6f pokes less punishable are Kotal and Goro. And sure, we can say QC gets a lot less offensively off his D1 which is true, but it also gets him out of pressure, and for a character who already has the best offense in the game which is offset by his lack of ways to get out of pressure, the way this translates to his gameplay is still very strong. It's not the best D1 in the game, but it's an excellent tool that he did not need. On the positive side, as far as 6f D1s go, Rude is right, it works as it should. Gets him out of pressure and gives up his turn on block, but doesn't guarantee anything offensively unlike say Scorps 6f D1.
But I think it's important that we recognise the character has a 9f low hitting D3 which is +15 on hit, -1 on block, aka Sub-Zeros D3. Quan never has to press D1 unless he's using it to get out of pressure, and even the only at times with gaps that are 9f or or lower - a job which it does just fine, should it really give him his offense back for free on hit as well? He shouldn't even really have the 6f D1 for getting out of pressure at all, he has much more options for getting out of offense than his opponents have for getting out of his, the only argument for him getting he 6f poke implemented in the first case was that he gets block infinite without it, except the block infinite was removed as soon as he got the D1 anyway so now the only justification is "well it isn't THAT good and doesn't get his offense started", sure but that's not his only poke and we needn't look at it in a vacuum, it works just fine for doing its role of breaking pressure on a correct read, and this character is meant to be balanced around not having such options. How you gunna have the fastest poke in the game, the fastest NJP in the game and top 3 backdash in the game, and claim NO defensive options. "No defensive options" is what his opponents have against him when they get caught in the blender. Vice versa the same cannot even close to be said
I'm not saying Quan should have better defense fuck noooo. I think he's fine as is. I agree with everything you said. A character with that vast of a toolset doesn't need amazing defense to go along with his godly.... well... Everything else.

Wigy

There it is...
This is what i think they should do for goro also give him only one of these buffs.
1. Allow you to ex the last hit of punchwalk on block like you can on hit and make it plus 5
option number 2
let his punch walk be 2 in 1 special cancelable
option 3
Let his f3 restand , Add scaling to it (obvi)
I can't tell if you're joking

Tanya doesn't need any nerfs please what did she ever do to you ;-; and why nerf erron? He got nerfed in every single patch up to date (except the last one) lol infact i think he might even need some slight buffs , i do agree with that summoner nerf though , but i think making the skull auto block again so he doesn't get any of that insane dmg is better and maybe making that hard to block easier to block.