What's new

Mortal Kombat X to be Region Locked

GhosT

Noob
Guys it's nrs. Be glad they region lock. Otherwise we hear the salt tears about lag. The servers and netcode are and have been c tier so they region lock cuz otherwise it's f tier.

At least they realize the poor ness of their online and take measures to improve it.

I say this with deep condolences oversea communities who deserve to play with all of us in a decent connection :(

does that mean US only vs US EU only vs EU and Asia only vs Asia?
Or Germany only vs Germany ( not being able to play other players from EU) ?
sry I have no clue how region locked works
also I probably pre ordered the US vers of MKX from a german store, can I play the game on my PS4?

thx

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
I don't think I've said one negative thing in the leadup to mk:x, in fact I'm sure, hell I think I'm one of the only ones who is 100% content and happy with the cast (does need moar smoke tho), HOWEVER this sucks and my faith in the netcodr just died. Y?!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Playing Tekken and sampling KI, I don't understand how or why net code and smooth online is a problem for NRS. Especially in 2015.

What is it? Are they being cheap with hardware that makes it run smooth?? Just don't care for it to be good?? What possible reason is there when so many other games online runs so smooth???

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Playing Tekken and sampling KI, I don't understand how or why net code and smooth online is a problem for NRS. Especially in 2015.

What is it? Are they being cheap with hardware that makes it run smooth?? Just don't care for it to be good?? What possible reason is there when so many other games online runs so smooth???
My opinion/speculation on this. Because they still have to make the game for 4 Platforms! So they just chose something that runs on all four which means what will run on last gen. It's the lowest common denominator thing. Some would call it lazy but in reality it's about money and overhead for the company which I get. But if my speculation is true this is why I want companies to stop making duel gen games. It fucks up how good games can be.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If the xbox version is region locked then I'm not picking up the game. No online diversity = no fun.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Sorry for those who are upset by this news, but I am personally happy about this. I live in Indiana, and playing MK9 with people overseas was a real pain in the ass on the 360. I guess NRS will never perfect their netcode, but I have no reason to be too down. I am sure it'll be a lot better than IGAU...and if not, a lot of people need to lose their jobs.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Sorry for those who are upset by this news, but I am personally happy about this. I live in Indiana, and playing MK9 with people overseas was a real pain in the ass on the 360. I guess NRS will never perfect their netcode, but I have no reason to be too down. I am sure it'll be a lot better than IGAU...and if not, a lot of people need to lose their jobs.
Because the simple task of checking where your opponent's from is much too difficult to do via a PM.

And if you're playing ranked instead of people from here mainly then you have almost no say about the netcode.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Because the simple task of checking where your opponent's from is much too difficult to do via a PM.
I'm not looking to PM randoms to check up on where they are from. When I play online I'm looking for matches a.s.a.p. And most randoms will not respond to that sort of random request anyway. I used to check X-Box Live profiles all the time to check locations, but a lot of people didn't list their locations in the profile and having to do that is all around annoying as hell.

I understand a lot of people lose out with this, but it's a win for me. NRS netcodes have never done well with overseas connections for me. It would be nice if they could change that, but obviously, it's not changed.

im very ok with region lock. barely lag and there will be enough good european players. i only once played a set on a perfect transatlantic Connection, that was in mk9 (shoutouts to @DarKNaTaS)

does that mean US only vs US EU only vs EU and Asia only vs Asia?
Or Germany only vs Germany ( not being able to play other players from EU) ?
sry I have no clue how region locked works
also I probably pre ordered the US vers of MKX from a german store, can I play the game on my PS4?

thx
nstc vs nstc (northern america)

pal vs pal (eu, australia)

dunno where exactly everything belongs, like south america.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Son of a bitch... My best friend is in Scotland so it will be a fucking bitch to be able to play with him... Well time to cheat the system

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Lmfao.... you guys are missing the major points of region locking... "shitty net code" is not a driving force behind region locking... lol where did thag even come from?

@SaltShaker disregard all of the broscience in this thread lol.