What's new

General/Other - Kitana Mortal Kombat X: Konnections - Kitana

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Guy says statue is cheap without actually handling it.
Guy forgets the special edition also gets you extra skins, access to the dlc characters, art book, etc.

Also, that edition is optional. For the people that want it. Don't want it, don't buy it. The advantage of pre-ordering is this:

Say you don't have sixty bucks on hand for the standard version of the game. All right. If you have five bucks, you can pre-order the game. Now, you can put money down on the game as often as you like, until it is paid off. So instead of spending your sixty at one time, you can budget and spend twenty or ten every so often until release date. In fact, if you pre-order the game now, and drop ten bucks a week on it, you would have it paid off before the release date.

Pre-ordering allows people who work within a budget to get games easier.
The only content exclusive to collector's edition is the statue and scorpion skin. That's the difference. If your aim is the DLC edition, it's $89.00. So you're essentially putting down 100 for those two items. I realize NRS/WB isn't forcing a gun to my head, but that doesn't make it any less of scam.

Ya, I could do that thing you said or I could manage my own money like a grown-up.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The only content exclusive to collector's edition is the statue and scorpion skin. That's the difference. If your aim is the DLC edition, it's $89.00. So you're essentially putting down 100 for those two items. I realize NRS/WB isn't forcing a gun to my head, but that doesn't make it any less of scam.

Ya, I could do that thing you said or I could manage my own money like a grown-up.
Its a scam if they are somehow falsely representing their product. They aren't. It's a statue that they feel is worth upping the price. You don't have to buy it.

How is budgeting not managing your money like a grown-up? Wow.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
The video is good, I just have a problem with the timing of its release. With die hard fans craving for new details and characters, and since we already had a somewhat look into Kitana's variations, why was it necessary to release this at this time? Yeah sure the new stages was cool. I would rather see something like this a week after its release when the campaign for buying the game is still ongoing.

This is nothing against 16 bit of course so let me make that clear. I love the MK Universe just as much as he does but I am not privilege to know what he already knows, therefore, for somebody in my position, I would have wanted to see more than a kharacter konnection.

Finally, why can't they release a Reptile like trailer of a new character? Forget the intro, just show us a new character fighting another character. There are ways to show us stuff without releasing info on the story. I'm just a little impatient right now, lol.

Shaazzyam

Its a scam if they are somehow falsely representing their product. They aren't. It's a statue that they feel is worth upping the price. You don't have to buy it.

How is budgeting not managing your money like a grown-up? Wow.
Is that your big hang-up? My metaphors? Like if I say something is a good deal I might say, "that it's a steal", but I'm not actually stealing it. No, it's not literally a scam. Come on.

I'm saying you can budget your own money. Yes, all by yourself.

Rude

Is that your big hang-up? My metaphors? Like if I say something is a good deal I might say, "that it's a steal", but I'm not actually stealing it. No, it's not literally a scam. Come on.

I think we're saying similar things. Pre-ordering is a budget-friendly system. Say you only have 20 or so bucks a week in entertainment for that week. Instead of holding onto it until release date, you can drop it on a pre-order, have it paid off by the day it drops, and you get a pre-order bonus. There's nothing wrong with it at all.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

Rude just comes on TYM to poke the bear. Every post is an argument, call out or diatribe about how we are all idiots. He is like an uncultured Coolwhip in that way. I personally find it charming. Never change, rude dude.

Rude

Rude just comes on TYM to poke the bear. Every post is an argument, call out or diatribe about how we are all idiots. He is like an uncultured Coolwhip in that way. I personally find it charming. Never change, rude dude.
I am not the hero my city deserves, but the one it needs.

Shaazzyam

I think we're saying similar things. Pre-ordering is a budget-friendly system. Say you only have 20 or so bucks a week in entertainment for that week. Instead of holding onto it until release date, you can drop it on a pre-order, have it paid off by the day it drops, and you get a pre-order bonus. There's nothing wrong with it at all.
Have you tried a piggy-bank? How about I don't waste time putting down money for games until I know what the final product is. Pre-ordering games is basically telling the publisher that I'm susceptible to marketing campaigns or the promise of unknown bonuses to convince me their game is worth a damn. They no longer need to earn my money with demos or betas because they know I'm content to let them reach in my pockets take what they need and maybe they'll give me something good in return. You know, if they feel like it.

I don't know why I bother to talk to other people on this site at all. I only do stuff on here in the first place to try and impress my bae @TopTierHarley

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I can understand why people don't want to pre-order, even for Goro, because they don't want to encourage or condone WB's bullshit content witholding for pre-orders. Besides, they aren't going to change practices any time soon. The role of the customer in the modern games industry is to get fucked. I agree it sucks and I admire anyone who says "fuck it" and completely opts out of games. But for me, Civilization and MK are must-haves.

I think it's a good deal myself, it's a character for free so I'm down with that.

Nice to see Zephyrus got banned. 16Bit improving the community even when he's just talking about Kitana in a video

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I can understand why people don't want to pre-order, even for Goro, because they don't want to encourage or condone WB's bullshit content witholding for pre-orders. Besides, they aren't going to change practices any time soon. The role of the customer in the modern games industry is to get fucked. I agree it sucks and I admire anyone who says "fuck it" and completely opts out of games. But for me, Civilization and MK are must-haves.

I think it's a good deal myself, it's a character for free so I'm down with that.

Nice to see Zephyrus got banned. 16Bit improving the community even when he's just talking about Kitana in a video
I just chose not to preorder until I see what am getting with goro.
NRS wants people to preorder, but they don't show them what they will get if they do.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
So you're telling me Zeph got banned, but MylesWright can argue with people for two years straight and that's perfectly fine?

Rude

Have you tried a piggy-bank? How about I don't waste time putting down money for games until I know what the final product is. Pre-ordering games is basically telling the publisher that I'm susceptible to marketing campaigns or the promise of unknown bonuses to convince me their game is worth a damn. They no longer need to earn my money with demos or betas because they know I'm content to let them reach in my pockets take what they need and maybe they'll give me something good in return. You know, if they feel like it.

I don't know why I bother to talk to other people on this site at all. I only do stuff on here in the first place to try and impress my bae @TopTierHarley
You know, you can actually pull your money out of the pre-order if you change your mind before the release date. Also, pre-ordering games is a way for you to say, "Hey, I like this series/game. I want to pay it off now instead of waiting." Why else would you put money down on a game unless you want it?
Also, no one is putting a gun to your head and telling you to pre-order any version of the game. I was simply arguing the positive merits of doing so.

And hey, if you want to wait until after release to see if you want the game, that's completely fine. No one is saying you can't do that. In fact, between Angry Joe, Total Buscuit, Jim Sterling, Yahtzee, and a score of others, you have your selection of reviewers' opinions to choose from when the game drops.

In the case of MKX, you do know what the product is.

You know that:

It is a fighting game made by NRS.
It has a run feature.
You know that you have a stamina bar that depletes whenever you run, use interactables, backdash, and use breaker.
You know that you can cancel runs with special moves, blocks, normals, etc.
It has meter, enhanced special moves, moves with armor, etc.
Every character has three variations.
You know what the variations for Ermac, Raiden, Quan Chi, Kitana, Reptile, Kano, Ferra/Torr, Kung Lao, Kotal Kahn, etc.
You have heard pre-fight dialogue between many, many members of the cast and have been shown concept art for free by the developers.
You know how Kotal Kahn's totems work.
You know how Quan Chi's spell circles work.
You have the basic mechanics of how Ermac's variations work
You have seen demo footage of how Kung Lao's specials work.
You have seen several stages. You know that interactables are in the game and that they are blockable.
You know that interactables can be Meter Burned to allow you to escape out of the corner, as the MB'd interactables grant armor.
You know that MB Throws are a mechanic in the game, that 16 Bit confirmed they could be teched, and that on hit they leave you at advantage.
You know that online will feature faction play and that all you do will earn points for said faction, and that there will be faction-specific Fatalities.
And guess what?
You will know even more about the game after tomorrow's stream.

You know about how the basic mechanics of the game work, a chunk of the roster, their variations, some of their fatalities and special moves, a handful of stages, and a brief look of some of the new features for online play.

What the hell more do you want?

Has anyone...anyone at all...considered that we might know more now about MKX than we ever knew about MK9 pre-release?

Ultimately, we've been given a lot of information about the game. Just because it's not the information you want, or ALL of the information, doesn't mean we don't know about the game. To say that we don't, or that you don't, or for ANYONE to imply that we're being sold a, "Mystery box" is a complete bill of goods.

Do you know how a movie ends before you watch it if you've never seen it before? No.
If people did, movies like Usual Suspects, Seven, etc. would have made a hell of a lot less impact when they first hit theaters.

Do you know how an album is going to sound before it is released in digital or hard copy format? No. You may hear a few songs, but generally speaking, and I do know there are exceptions to the rule, you don't know everything until the album drops.

The same goes for a new flavor of ice cream you've never tried before, or new pizza topping, or whatever you choose to spend money on.

The ONLY way you DON'T know what is in MKX is if you haven't been paying attention. The crying that they aren't telling us everything is beyond spoiled and pointless. I can't even think of many companies that do livestreams for their games pre-release, and certainly not as many as NRS has done.

Instead of crying about what you don't have like a child, stop and consider what we have been shown and appreciate. Get excited for the unknown. Be happy.

Or don't buy the game. Buy it or don't. I really don't think the community, at large, cares.

You will either buy the game, or you won't. Everything else is pretty irrelevant, even this reply.

Last edited:

Rude

I ask the community this:

Based solely off of what we have seen now, if NRS never showed another trailer, published another article, or did another livestream, how many people would NOT buy the game? I'm genuinely curious.

xWildx

Based solely off of what we have seen now, if NRS never showed another trailer, published another article, or did another livestream, how many people would NOT buy the game? I'm genuinely curious.
You really just don't get it, do you?

Rude

You really just don't get it, do you?
Of course. I disagree so I must not "understand."

What if I "Understand" just fine, but just don't agree?

SHOCKING CONCEPTS ARE SHOCKING!

So should we file you under, "Will Not Buy" in relation to my hypothetical question?

xWildx

Of course. I disagree so I must not "understand."

What if I "Understand" just fine, but just don't agree?

SHOCKING CONCEPTS ARE SHOCKING!

So should we file you under, "Will Not Buy" in relation to my hypothetical question?
If you think the argument boils down to "will you still buy it" you clearly don't.

Rude

If you think the argument boils down to "will you still buy it" you clearly don't.
Wow. All right, let's back up a couple steps. No, I don't think that's what the argument boils down to. It's just a hypothetical I'm curious about.

What it ultimately boils down to is this:

Either the pre-game promotion has left you so unsatisfied that you won't buy the game.

Or you like what you've seen and will buy the game.

Buy or don't buy. It's that simple.

Rude

Look, a lot of people have voiced dissatisfaction over a number of things:

Too many returning characters.
Not enough returning MK4 characters.
Not enough female characters.
Not revealing Goro(even though they've said that they will do that very thing, just not tomorrow.)

I can understand not liking the product you've been shown so far.
I can understand being upset about not seeing your favorite character returning.
But ever since this game was announced, all we've had were blind speculations, people jumping to conclusions, people declaring game imbalance, UsedForGlue writing off variations without actually playing them, Doombawkz quoting hypothetical frame data, making bold, unfounded declarations about Reptile's mobility without having played the character, people refusing to pre-order unless they see Goro, etc.

Now the last part is optional; you don't have to preorder. But the sly, hidden insinuation that's being made that somehow, NRS with its multiple trailers and livestreams are trying to swindle you out of your money is beyond ridiculous.

In fact, pretty much every "controversy" that's been strummed up has been pretty unbearable.
I think its very telling that, when waiting in between games, the community can think of nothing else better to do with itself besides tear down the unknown, complain, and eat itself alive.

I mean, have ANY of you looked at the MK Comic Speculation thread? What started as fun talk turned into flame war after flame war, to a bunch of people arguing arbitrary points, to community members shitting on each other for no discernible reason.

Very telling, indeed.

Side note: To all of you complaining that you don't know the entirety of what the game has to offer, and therefore refuse to shut up about it until you do know everything, I have another question.

Do you all hate Christmas? Because half of the fun of Christmas is not knowing what's in the box.
Now sure, I know what you're going to say, "But Rude, we don't want to spend money unless we know what we're getting."

To which, I would refer to you to the game's character reveal trailers, recording of livestreams, E3 trailers, the Who's Next trailer, and the trailer detailing one of the new features of online. Now you know something about what you're getting.

Do none of you want to be surprised at all?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

If there's no brothas in it, I ain't buying.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Now the last part is optional; you don't have to preorder. But the sly, hidden insinuation that's being made that somehow, NRS with its multiple trailers and livestreams are trying to swindle™ you out of your money is beyond ridiculous.
I appreciate the shoutout, and I fixed it for you.

JLG

Noob
You spend your money blindly? Your problem.
I hope that atleast I'm fucking allowed to voice my discomfort with such practice.
Clearly by the look of this thread, the mere thought of not putting a mortgage on my house and selling my parents kidneys to give money to NRS, is offensive to others.
Funny, Gamestop only asked me for a $5 deposit to pre-order MKX. Word on the street is that I just have to put in another $55 when it arrives.

I think you got ripped off, bruh.