What's new

Mortal Kombat Vita Features Hidden Balance Changes

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
ok Just picked up my copy and did a quick run through for stryker. Other than the fact that he looks skinny and tall lol, he is pretty much the same IMO. Since i'm at work, I will revisit this thread later today and try to verify some of the stuff you guys are asking (i.e. online play and some of the ridiculous combos :p)

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Fucking NRS knows nothing about fighting game mechanics and they have no idea how to balance their fucking games. If they nerf kabals iagb or anything subs related I'm dropping the game for ssf4.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I don't know about other chars, but I'd like to see Jade's rangs to have a longer start-up and recovery, her damage lowered by 75% at least and glow taking by 150% more damage at least... and I'm buying the Vita and the game + a NRS t-shirt.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
If you have the time, could you(Or anyone) report any changes for Nightwolf?

-Is F3 a low?
-Has the speed of shoulder, arrow, or lightning been changed?
-How much damage does JIP B22~Axe, B2~Axe, 1~dash, 1~dash, 122~Shoulder do?

Matix218

Get over here!
I'm assuming that they made some sort of change and she got nerfed indirectly because of it. That's why I think there are other hidden changes in the Vita version, but I can't exactly confirm. I just noticed the Sindel change yesterday. I wasn't using her since I was just doing the tower stuff. Smoke's ex bomb reset is gone though. Either that or it's a hell of a lot more difficult to do. I can do it on PS3 just fine. On pad and on hitbox. I never got it once on Vita after an hour of trying. Again, maybe I just suck.

Jax's loop is still in. Cyrax resets as far as I can tell are in. I don't know all the different variations though. *shrug*
Del, does the ex smoke bomb still do the 10% unscaled damage and just not re launch the opponent or did they make it scale more? I wish I was done work so I could pick up my copy and test it myself lol

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I thought the vita version was supposed to be exactly the same so you could use it for practice?

Oh well.

Matix218

Get over here!
I thought the vita version was supposed to be exactly the same so you could use it for practice?

Oh well.
It is supposed to be exactly the same, I am sure once NRS catches wind of these issues they will fix them.

The game has literally only been out for a few hours, give them some time.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!

Oh well.
If I remember correctly the gameplay was tighten so that BS combos dont exist (I think I read it somewhere in one of the MK vita thread). That's one of the reason I got excited for this version. I take it as a form of patched MK before it makes it to the console :)