What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
ahh Kabal's broken again... :(

oh come on, this is not ok! if you want to nerf it, I have a suggestion: how about you revert his damage to normal but make it low? or mid with heavy +frames on block? this way quan loses his rune trap but gains better pressure with meter.

also quan's trance buff is kinda crazy, I suggest you revert it to normal. wouldn't mind having a special cancellable 214 too, not that he needs it or would have any big impact on quan's game, but there would be a use for that string then.

EDIT: I think I've found a bug: personally I can't perform quan's boost for the rest of the round after I've done a trace. I'm on the PC version.
Kabal's broken again? i lol'd... :rolleyes::coffee:

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Truth be told, Kabal's zoning has taken a huge hit. Unless he spends a meter, he can barely do any damage from it. Hell even the chip damage was nerfed. So I wouldn't say he's broken now.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Truth be told, Kabal's zoning has taken a huge hit. Unless he spends a meter, he can barely do any damage from it. Hell even the chip damage was nerfed. So I wouldn't say he's broken now.
he's still + on everything ever and his zoning can still be used to get free meter and some damage with low saws. he's still very broken.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
are you really going to start downplaying Kabal? because there's a limit even to TYM's shenannigans.
he's still + on everything ever and his zoning can still be used to get free meter and some damage with low saws. he's still very broken.
You're right there isn't a limit to TYM's shennanigans.. First of all, 99% of the people on this forum have no idea what even Kabal is. For the most part 90%+ of them have never even fought a Kabal who remotely used him and his tools to a good capacity.

He's +1-2 on his best strings that are all 13 frame starters... Meaning if you have a move thats faster then 10-11 frames you ... might... be ... able... to .. do something / OR EVEN FULLPUNISH HIM on a read for his followup.

It's just kinda annoying that so many people say Kabal this Kabal that... Like it's some trend that started because REO / Detroit Shitted on everyone while the people in this community took the salty talk / rumors and it just grew into everyone being an expert on how kabal even works. I'll just put it this way, if Kabal was in MKX he would get FUH-k-IN POOOOPED ON with the pressure in this game (MKX).

@YOMI REO @DetroitBalln @xSMoKEx @BillStickers @YOMI DJT will all tell you that

KABAL IS MAD GOOD (still is good with the nerfs, but majority of us are pretty sure what we did with him was the major problem). If you couldn't do anything in Kabal pressure i'd be happy to show you me or someone else punishing his pressure for full combos

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
My only worry is that with all of the top tiers getting nerfed, why is Kabal becoming even stronger than before? He was a god, but now he is Sonic Fox. He's unbeatable against the cast now.

NSR

@Insuperable
on the contrary, Kabal's getting nerfs just like the rest of the top tiers (keep in mind there's still some adjustments to be done to not only him, but the rest of the cast)
Don't want to spoil much, but Kabal could potentially get a nerf or two in the future. Not to mention, the lower tiers are all getting buffs in some way or another, and they'll have an easier time facing off against the top tiers.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
@Insuperable
on the contrary, Kabal's getting nerfs just like the rest of the top tiers (keep in mind there's still some adjustments to be done to not only him, but the rest of the cast)
Don't want to spoil much, but Kabal could potentially get a nerf or two in the future. Not to mention, the lower tiers are all getting buffs in some way or another, and they'll have an easier time facing off against the top tiers.
trolled by the trollin master lol.. dworry you'll learn :p

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You're right there isn't a limit to TYM's shennanigans.. First of all, 99% of the people on this forum have no idea what even Kabal is. For the most part 90%+ of them have never even fought a Kabal who remotely used him and his tools to a good capacity.

He's +1-2 on his best strings that are all 13 frame starters... Meaning if you have a move thats faster then 10-11 frames you ... might... be ... able... to .. do something / OR EVEN FULLPUNISH HIM on a read for his followup.

It's just kinda annoying that so many people say Kabal this Kabal that... Like it's some trend that started because REO / Detroit Shitted on everyone while the people in this community took the salty talk / rumors and it just grew into everyone being an expert on how kabal even works. I'll just put it this way, if Kabal was in MKX he would get FUH-k-IN POOOOPED ON with the pressure in this game (MKX).

@YOMI REO @DetroitBalln @xSMoKEx @BillStickers @YOMI DJT will all tell you that

KABAL IS MAD GOOD (still is good with the nerfs, but majority of us are pretty sure what we did with him was the major problem). If you couldn't do anything in Kabal pressure i'd be happy to show you me or someone else punishing his pressure for full combos
So when I say that he's + on everything and builds meter like a train where exactly I'm wrong?

Goat-City

Banned
A couple things. For Quan Chi I've been wondering why his up 3 is an overhead. He already has a move in his move list literally called overhead swipe that hits high. I'm no expert on MK9 Quan but just throwing it out there that you could make up 3 and 21u3 a high (mid in MKX terms) and his f1 overhead swipe an overhead. Also, have you considered changing the inputs for a lot of the close, mid, and far projectiles like Quan's rune and Noob's portals? The far versions of them have been really difficult for me to do consistently and fluidly with their down back forward motions on a ps3 pad at least. They're much easier to do in MKX.

And do you think you could ever make some small adjustments to MKX in the future? Not necessarily tons of character balance adjustments but more like a few tweaks to the core flaws in the game like nerfing jump attacks, buffing zoning and backdashes, toning down the 50/50s and HTBs, and decreasing a lot of plus frames on block for run cancels and enhanced specials.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
who doesnt build meter on block strings? and you were wrong about kabal being op still.. that's exactly where lol

edit : sorry "BROKEN" lmao
You avoided answering my question :)

Nobody else can build as much meter with blockstrings as he does, and nobody else has a zoning that can build meter this freely. Kabal's zoning damage got toned down, but that's not really where it shines.

Kabal is still OP and far from being a fair character.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
A couple things. For Quan Chi I've been wondering why his up 3 is an overhead. He already has a move in his move list literally called overhead swipe that hits high. I'm no expert on MK9 Quan but just throwing it out there that you could make up 3 and 21u3 a high (mid in MKX terms) and his f1 overhead swipe an overhead. Also, have you considered changing the inputs for a lot of the close, mid, and far projectiles like Quan's rune and Noob's portals? The far versions of them have been really difficult for me to do consistently and fluidly with their down back forward motions on a ps3 pad at least. They're much easier to do in MKX.

And do you think you could ever make some small adjustments to MKX in the future? Not necessarily tons of character balance adjustments but more like a few tweaks to the core flaws in the game like nerfing jump attacks, buffing zoning and backdashes, toning down the 50/50s and HTBs, and decreasing a lot of plus frames on block for run cancels and enhanced specials.
These Quan suggestions are terrible.

All he's ever needed was a 6 frame d1, and for 21,u3 to be linkable to Trance.

A faster u3 would be nice, but that's a luxury buff.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

I agree, but his rune trap is now gone. I'd like to see some other use to the ex rune now.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
You avoided answering my question :)

Nobody else can build as much meter with blockstrings as he does, and nobody else has a zoning that can build meter this freely. Kabal's zoning damage got toned down, but that's not really where it shines.

Kabal is still OP and far from being a fair character.
mmm i don't think you quite understand the game or how it works.. go in training mode and learn how to duck a gas blast tell me how much meter that builds.. then go duck a smoke bomb (aka u can't so you'll have to block it and tell me the difference) same with FAN Ground skulls Sindel projectile..

then go do kitana 112 cutter on block and do f32 on kabal lmk the difference.. or cage f3 barrage, or skarlets f21 string etc. Lol should i keep going

NSR

for the moment, MKX script modding is either impossible, or not well known enough. even then, it would only be possible on PC, and making a balance patch for that is pointless, given the lack of the XL content (namely the balance patches and KP2) Sorry.

Goat-City

Banned

So making his far rune input easier is a terrible suggestion why? And for u3, I don't know what exactly making it a high(mid) and making f1 an overhead would do to him, I'm just pointing out the fact that f1 looks like an overhead much more than u3 does and it literally has overhead in the name. You didn't give any reasons why they're terrible so I'm guessing you don't like them just because they're different and unnecessary. It's not about balance, I'm just pointing out what seems to make more sense. So if you can't tell me why they're terrible, as in why they would throw his balance out of whack, then don't call them terrible, just call them unnecessary, which I agree with.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
mmm i don't think you quite understand the game or how it works.. go in training mode and learn how to duck a gas blast tell me how much meter that builds.. then go duck a smoke bomb (aka u can't so you'll have to block it and tell me the difference) same with FAN Ground skulls Sindel projectile..

then go do kitana 112 cutter on block and do f32 on kabal lmk the difference.. or cage f3 barrage, or skarlets f21 string etc. Lol should i keep going
His zoning backs up while you do it, quan's skull doesn't, that's why he has free meter (and if you don't think that's enough than you should help with balance changes). Those other things you mentioned probably need some tone down as well, not even close to kabal's cancels though.

Let me add that kabal would easily destroy the MKX meta too: his zoning would be top and his rushdown probably too not having stamina to manage. The only exeption I can think of is pre-nerf DF liu kang, your main. Coincidence?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
So making his far rune input easier is a terrible suggestion why? And for u3, I don't know what exactly making it a high(mid) and making f1 an overhead would do to him, I'm just pointing out the fact that f1 looks like an overhead much more than u3 does and it literally has overhead in the name. You didn't give any reasons why they're terrible so I'm guessing you don't like them just because they're different and unnecessary. It's not about balance, I'm just pointing out what seems to make more sense. So if you can't tell me why they're terrible, as in why they would throw his balance out of whack, then don't call them terrible, just call them unnecessary, which I agree with.
An overhead f1 would be too strong, instead I'd make his f1(2) a mid too. and having u3 and 21u3 as mids would make the character boring as hell.

Last edited:

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
His zoning backs up while you do it, quan's skull doesn't, that's why he has free meter (and if you don't think that's enough than you should help with balance changes). Those other things you mentioned probably need some tone down as well, not even close to kabal's cancels though.

Let me add that kabal would easily destroy the MKX meta too: his zoning would be top and his rushdown probably too not having stamina to manage. The only exeption I can think of is pre-nerf DF liu kang, your main. Coincidence?
What are u talking about duck..

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !

Also not to be a dick, but Smoke is my main in MK9 first of all. Second of all, you have no idea what +2 means for a 13 frame normal obviously since you're comparing his main pressure cancel's to those in MKX (not even just cancels but specials being over + 10 and jailing). Third, yah his zoning is good and he can jump back while doing it as can kitana liu kang skarlet etc etc..

Kabal has no unreactable + or neutral on block 5050's (yet again, nothing like MKX). This is MK9, you know the game where you have to actual think while you pressure and nothing is guarantee'd.. How many kabal's have you played at a high level? Do you have any offline exp in the game? If so i'd like to see some of you playing and knowing how the character or mu even remotely works. I don't think you understand kabal didn't even have the BEST pressure in the game lol. Cage for FREEE did.

i'm not even trying to battle you about this or make you look dumb, but don't come at me with false stupid information and trying to be a lil dick about it.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Also not to be a dick, but Smoke is my main in MK9 first of all. Second of all, you have no idea what +2 means for a 13 frame normal obviously since you're comparing his main pressure cancel's to those in MKX (not even just cancels but specials being over + 10 and jailing). Third, yah his zoning is good and he can jump back while doing it as can kitana liu kang skarlet etc etc..

Kabal has no unreactable + or neutral on block 5050's (yet again, nothing like MKX). This is MK9, you know the game where you have to actual think while you pressure and nothing is guarantee'd.. How many kabal's have you played at a high level? Do you have any offline exp in the game? If so i'd like to see some of you playing and knowing how the character or mu even remotely works. I don't think you understand kabal didn't even have the BEST pressure in the game lol. Cage for FREEE did.

i'm not even trying to battle you about this or make you look dumb, but don't come at me with false stupid information and trying to be a lil dick about it.
kitana's, kang's and skarlet's insta airs are all slower and don't back up as much as kabal's, plus none of those characters has the low saw witch has knockdown on hit, push back on block and is great for counterzoning (considering that it can't even be reflected for some reason). but personally I'd tone down other insta airs a little too honestly.

uh and besides his 13f mids that are +2 on block, you also have 111 witch is +8 and f3 witch isn't + on block but is a 9f mid and restands. I used to (and still do) prefer to stay under cage's pressure than kabal's (but it's a close call, won't lie).

all of that plus free meter and the now gone insanely good armor.

to end it: unlike you, I don't want to be a dick about this, but come on! you are trying to downplay the character that dominated the MK9 scene so bad that made people hype watching crazy good and/or annoying characters like cyrax, sonya, cage and sometimes even kenshi win. seriously?