What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So making his far rune input easier is a terrible suggestion why? And for u3, I don't know what exactly making it a high(mid) and making f1 an overhead would do to him, I'm just pointing out the fact that f1 looks like an overhead much more than u3 does and it literally has overhead in the name. You didn't give any reasons why they're terrible so I'm guessing you don't like them just because they're different and unnecessary. It's not about balance, I'm just pointing out what seems to make more sense. So if you can't tell me why they're terrible, as in why they would throw his balance out of whack, then don't call them terrible, just call them unnecessary, which I agree with.
They're terrible because they make no sense. Yes, let's turn an overhead - an admittedly slow one - into a mid.

Stop. You're hurting yourself.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I agree, but his rune trap is now gone. I'd like to see some other use to the ex rune now.
I think if you kept the trance as it was, added these two buffs and kept the trap he'd be fine. Certainly not overpowered.

If you do get rid of the trap...he has to do something else. Otherwise, you're just making a mediocre rushdown character.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I think if you kept the trance as it was, added these two buffs and kept the trap he'd be fine. Certainly not overpowered.

If you do get rid of the trap...he has to do something else. Otherwise, you're just making a mediocre rushdown character.
the trace will be back to the KE version, @NSR already confirmed it (and luckily so, it's too strong right now). personally I'd give the ex rune back his damage and make it a low, so quan doesn't really have the rune trap for free as he'd have to mix it up with 21u3, but he'd still have something close to it.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
kitana's, kang's and skarlet's insta airs are all slower and don't back up as much as kabal's, plus none of those characters has the low saw witch has knockdown on hit, push back on block and is great for counterzoning (considering that it can't even be reflected for some reason). but personally I'd tone down other insta airs a little too honestly.

uh and besides his 13f mids that are +2 on block, you also have 111 witch is +8 and f3 witch isn't + on block but is a 9f mid and restands. I used to (and still do) prefer to stay under cage's pressure than kabal's (but it's a close call, won't lie).

all of that plus free meter and the now gone insanely good armor.

to end it: unlike you, I don't want to be a dick about this, but come on! you are trying to downplay the character that dominated the MK9 scene so bad that made people hype watching crazy good and/or annoying characters like cyrax, sonya, cage and sometimes even kenshi win. seriously?
First of all REO dominated MK / Detroit (did good too when he went to events) those are 2 extremely high lvl players across many fighting games whom are probably top 3 imo in the entire community in MK period. F3 isn't 9 frames its f4 and it ends ur pressure on block. You also know that +2 is only IF you just frame the cancel into the followup frame perfect right. 111 is irrelevant unless you get a jumpin seeing as both 11 are high's. Buzzsaw can be punished at close range on block or you get free pressure / has terrible recovery frames on wiff if you read it just like any other fireball in fighting games are. instant air's at the highest lvl in the game are nearly irrelevant. Go play @YOMI DJT and see how many instant airs you can hit him with or buzz saws in the neutral. Skarlets instant airs are extremely fast lmao and kangs are on par with kabals speed almost as well. not to mention a low profile fireball thats low.. Kitana hits you fullsscreen for 35+ unbreakable off instant air fan and can zone just as fast not to mention confirm basically fullscreen off an ex cancel into 50+

I keep it real, i'm not downplaying anything. You just are being stubborn and uneducated on how the things in reality actually work. This balance isn't based on your skill level of dealing with things. it's based on, the highest level of what the game allows you to do and if you think zoning on kabal is this insane "especially with the new 3% dmg LOL" then you need to hit that lab.. You act like i'm downplaying kabal, but i've stated many times that hes REALLY GOOD and from what myself REO DJT MIT Detroit xSMokeX Insuperable etc have all agree'd on what needed to be done to make him balanced has been done.

You're just sounding like a stream monster atm

Goat-City

Banned
They're terrible because they make no sense. Yes, let's turn an overhead - an admittedly slow one - into a mid.

Stop. You're hurting yourself.
I'm sorry for making a passive suggestion, clearly I'm an awful person.
for the moment, MKX script modding is either impossible, or not well known enough. even then, it would only be possible on PC, and making a balance patch for that is pointless, given the lack of the XL content (namely the balance patches and KP2) Sorry.
Dang oh well, guess we just have to put our faith in paulo for this last evo patch.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Kabal is broke in vanilla, but TE is much better to handle. The icing on the cake has been taken away, and his zoning honestly is good, but not that good because he won't hurt you doing only IAGB. He has to play the zoning perfectly now, and only 111 has the kind of advantage vanilla 2 used to.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
First of all REO dominated MK / Detroit (did good too when he went to events) those are 2 extremely high lvl players across many fighting games whom are probably top 3 imo in the entire community in MK period. F3 isn't 9 frames its f4 and it ends ur pressure on block. You also know that +2 is only IF you just frame the cancel into the followup frame perfect right. 111 is irrelevant unless you get a jumpin seeing as both 11 are high's. Buzzsaw can be punished at close range on block or you get free pressure / has terrible recovery frames on wiff if you read it just like any other fireball in fighting games are. instant air's at the highest lvl in the game are nearly irrelevant. Go play @YOMI DJT and see how many instant airs you can hit him with or buzz saws in the neutral. Skarlets instant airs are extremely fast lmao and kangs are on par with kabals speed almost as well. not to mention a low profile fireball thats low.. Kitana hits you fullsscreen for 35+ unbreakable off instant air fan and can zone just as fast not to mention confirm basically fullscreen off an ex cancel into 50+

I keep it real, i'm not downplaying anything. You just are being stubborn and uneducated on how the things in reality actually work. This balance isn't based on your skill level of dealing with things. it's based on, the highest level of what the game allows you to do and if you think zoning on kabal is this insane "especially with the new 3% dmg LOL" then you need to hit that lab.. You act like i'm downplaying kabal, but i've stated many times that hes REALLY GOOD and from what myself REO DJT MIT Detroit xSMokeX Insuperable etc have all agree'd on what needed to be done to make him balanced has been done.

You're just sounding like a stream monster atm
yep it was f4, typing error, my bad. and I'm not asking for the balances to be at my level, I'm just saying that for a character that dominated that much, removing armor and zoning damage isn't enough, expecially when you consider that the strong part of his zoning is meter building and not damage, I said so from the very beginning and you said so yourself when you said that at high level people get hit by those very rarely, and it's true. about those other insta airs: skarlet might be as fast, but she doesn't back up as much, while kang's and kitana's back up but aren't as fast. once again: having that both allows kabal's zoning to be centered around meter building more than damage, witch at high level it's better, and you said why yourself.

uh and I forgot that the 2nd 1 is an high too, you are right on that then, I have the mind on MKX I guess.

I act like you are downplaying kabal because I think you are honestly, I understand that you know that kabal's really good, but I think he's even better and I don't think those changes are enough. once again: kabal's zoning damage was a luxury more than anything, he wanted the meter out of it! the only strong hit he took from the nerfs is the armor removal in my opinion, witch is good but not enough.

Kabal is broke in vanilla, but TE is much better to handle. The icing on the cake has been taken away, and his zoning honestly is good, but not that good because he won't hurt you doing only IAGB. He has to play the zoning perfectly now, and only 111 has the kind of advantage vanilla 2 used to.
could you elaborate how's the TE version better to handle besides not having to worry about armor? because maybe I didn't fully understand how the other changes affected him.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
yep it was f4, typing error, my bad. and I'm not asking for the balances to be at my level, I'm just saying that for a character that dominated that much, removing armor and zoning damage isn't enough, expecially when you consider that the strong part of his zoning is meter building and not damage, I said so from the very beginning and you said so yourself when you said that at high level people get hit by those very rarely, and it's true. about those other insta airs: skarlet might be as fast, but she doesn't back up as much, while kang's and kitana's back up but aren't as fast. once again: having that both allows kabal's zoning to be centered around meter building more than damage, witch at high level it's better, and you said why yourself.

uh and I forgot that the 2nd 1 is an high too, you are right on that then, I have the mind on MKX I guess.

I act like you are downplaying kabal because I think you are honestly, I understand that you know that kabal's really good, but I think he's even better and I don't think those changes are enough. once again: kabal's zoning damage was a luxury more than anything, he wanted the meter out of it! the only strong hit he took from the nerfs is the armor removal in my opinion, witch is good but not enough.

could you elaborate how's the TE version better to handle besides not having to worry about armor? because maybe I didn't fully understand how the other changes affected him.
dude.. you still aren't giving anything that is showing kabal being broke now. Please ellaberate on what you would nerf please i'm SUPER curious

REO

Undead
A few things on Kabal:

- It takes 27 air fireballs to build 1 bar of meter. You can't even do 27 air fireballs if you pinned yourself in one side of the corner, and kept doing iafbs all the way to the other side of the stage without touching the other wall.

- The reason Kabal has the best recovery air fireball is because he has the worst ground recovery fireball. Other characters with great instant air fireballs, also have solid ground fireballs.

- Saw Blade is reactable from full-screen and at reasonable distances mid screen which gives your opponent a free jump in to advance.

- Kabal has arguably the worst strings in the game and normal attacks on block. This is the whole point on why he was designed with Nomad Dash cancelling so he can make his strings with terrible frame data usable and somewhat advantageous.

- Since Kabal doesn't have a 6 frame attack, all of his Nomad Dash cancels that are +1 are technically 0 (neutral) on block against many of the characters who do have 6F attacks or pokes. This also means his +2 Nomad Dash cancels are also technically +1 on block against those characters. And I'd like to add in that all characters who have a 6F poke or attack and any move or string in their arsenal that is 0 (neutral) on block, is technically +1 when they are playing against Kabal.

- The main reason Kabal can cancel his Nomad Dash for mobility is because he has one of the worst walk speeds in the game.

- There are characters who have zoning in MK9 that is more problematic than Kabal. See Kenshi against a majority of the cast as example 1. Example 2 is a character like Kitana where literally a simple strategy like machine gunning instant air fans and proper use of her Aerial Ass to escape from corners is all that's needed to severely cripple some characters. Don't believe me? Watch the video below:

Kitana instant air fans were:

- The biggest sized projectile in the entire game, making it almost impossible to jump or sway under easily.
- Came in with a built in air-esque backdash when you executed one.
- Lead to heavy damage and full combos when they hit an airborne opponent

Characters like Sindel also had very strong zoning, out zoned Kabal, and built more meter than Kabal did. Same thing with Freddy and Shang Tsung who also beat Kabal in the zoning war.

Last edited:

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
A few things on Kabal:

- It takes 27 air fireballs to build 1 bar of meter. You can't even do 27 air fireballs if you pinned yourself in one side of the corner, and kept doing iafbs all the way to the other side of the stage without touching the other wall.

- The reason Kabal has the best recovery air fireball is because he has the worst ground recovery fireball. Other characters with great instant air fireballs, also have solid ground fireballs.

- Saw Blade is reactable from full-screen and at reasonable distances mid screen which gives your opponent a free jump in to advance.

- Kabal has arguably the worst strings in the game and attacks on block. This is the whole point on why he was designed with Nomad Dash cancelling so he can make his strings with terrible frame data usable and advantageous.

- Since Kabal doesn't have a 6 frame attack, all of his Nomad Dash cancels that are +1 are technically 0 (neutral) on block against many of the characters who do have 6F attacks or pokes. This also means his +2 Nomad Dash cancels are also technically +1 on block against those characters. And I'd like to add in that all characters who have a 6F poke or attack and any move or string in their arsenal that is 0 (neutral) on block, is technically +1 when they are playing against Kabal.

- The main reason Kabal can cancel his Nomad Dash for mobility is because he has one of the worst walk speeds in the game.

- There are characters who have zoning in MK9 that is more problematic than Kabal. See Kenshi against a majority of the cast as example 1. Example 2 is a character like Kitana where literally a simple strategy like machine gunning instant air fans and proper use of her Aerial Ass to escape from corners is all that's needed to severely cripple some characters. Don't believe me? Watch the video below:

- The biggest sized projectile in the entire game, making it almost impossible to jump or sway under easily.

Characters like Sindel also had very strong zoning, out zoned Kabal, and built more meter than Kabal did. Same thing with Freddy and Shang Tsung who also beat Kabal in the zoning war.
he probably still won't comprehend this tbh

THTB

Armor being removed removes the flash parry, which is icing on the whole cake of the character since he could use it to blow through your shit when it was your turn for 40%. It also removes his most reliable answer to crossups, and a general anti-zoning option he had vs characters that could contest his game well, namely Liu Kang, Sindel, and Reptile.

IAGB on its own actually doesn't build much meter. It takes 27 to build a full bar if the opponent doesn't block them. It did 9% on hit and 2% on block, so the damage would add up in combo with buzzsaw. With it doing 3%, he can't really demolish you for eating them. And 1% on block means that's half the total chip you take if you're off on advancing properly. It basically helps out lesser skilled players who struggle to get around them. Better players just have way more leniency now that they don't get punished harshly for messing up their advances.

Also, 2 being nerfed to not have as much advantage means that he can't abuse tall crouching hitboxes anymore, which makes the Smoke, Freddy, Kenshi, Kang, Sheeva, Sindel, Noob, and Raiden matchups a lot easier for them, since they won't die to 2NDC and get the same experience in handling his pressure as the rest of the cast. Some of those characters are getting huge buffs too.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
dude.. you still aren't giving anything that is showing kabal being broke now. Please ellaberate on what you would nerf please i'm SUPER curious
I'd make every cancel of his - besides the one on 111, witch.

he probably still won't comprehend this tbh
guess I'm still the one being a dick about this? consistency mate.

Armor being removed removes the flash parry, which is icing on the whole cake of the character since he could use it to blow through your shit when it was your turn for 40%. It also removes his most reliable answer to crossups, and a general anti-zoning option he had vs characters that could contest his game well, namely Liu Kang, Sindel, and Reptile.

IAGB on its own actually doesn't build much meter. It takes 27 to build a full bar if the opponent doesn't block them. It did 9% on hit and 2% on block, so the damage would add up in combo with buzzsaw. With it doing 3%, he can't really demolish you for eating them. And 1% on block means that's half the total chip you take if you're off on advancing properly. It basically helps out lesser skilled players who struggle to get around them. Better players just have way more leniency now that they don't get punished harshly for messing up their advances.

Also, 2 being nerfed to not have as much advantage means that he can't abuse tall crouching hitboxes anymore, which makes the Smoke, Freddy, Kenshi, Kang, Sheeva, Sindel, Noob, and Raiden matchups a lot easier for them, since they won't die to 2NDC and get the same experience in handling his pressure as the rest of the cast. Some of those characters are getting huge buffs too.
in other words: what I said plus the impossibility to abuse big hitboxes, witch is more of a fix but still good, got it.

A few things on Kabal:

- Kabal has arguably the worst strings in the game and normal attacks on block. This is the whole point on why he was designed with Nomad Dash cancelling so he can make his strings with terrible frame data usable and somewhat advantageous.

it's not like you are telling me anything new besides that his armor removal hurt him more than I thought because of how slow his normals are.

- a single air ball doesn't build an x-ray woth of meter, got it! but it's still kinda free, and his pressure also builds a ton of meter. I didn't expect sindel to build more of it, but I don't know so I'll have to take your word of it.

- never said you can't react to the low saw, but jumping over it isn't as easy from midscreen while you try to duck the insta air machine gun. you know it too, you used them a lot.

- true, never said he doesn't need his cancels, they could be - on block though.

- nothing to say there, that's why I said that I underestimated his armor removal nerf.

- I like Scrubs, it's a really good show.

- never said that kenshi and kitana were bad, their zoning is extremely good and annoying to deal with. I said already that i think kitana's zoning should be toned down, while kenshi took a hit way bigger than kabal with this mod.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I'd make every cancel of his - besides the one on 111, witch.

guess I'm still the one being a dick about this? consistency mate.

in other words: what I said plus the impossibility to abuse big hitboxes, witch is more of a fix but still good, got it.

it's not like you are telling me anything new besides that his armor removal hurt him more than I thought because of how slow his normals are.

- a single air ball doesn't build an x-ray woth of meter, got it! but it's still kinda free, and his pressure also builds a ton of meter. I didn't expect sindel to build more of it, but I don't know so I'll have to take your word of it.

- never said you can't react to the low saw, but jumping over it isn't as easy from midscreen while you try to duck the insta air machine gun. you know it too, you used them a lot.

- true, never said he doesn't need his cancels, they could be - on block though.

- nothing to say there, that's why I said that I underestimated his armor removal nerf.

- I like Scrubs, it's a really good show.

- never said that kenshi and kitana were bad, their zoning is extremely good and annoying to deal with. I said already that i think kitana's zoning should be toned down, while kenshi took a hit way bigger than kabal with this mod.
i just tested his pressure .. f32 ndc x 5 builds 1 bar exactly, i just went on cage also f33 x 3 builds more than a bar and f33b3 x3 builds more then a bar
sonya builds over a full bar at point blank with d4 ms cancels x3-4 i forgot how many was guaranteed from up close then she f1's into kartwheel thats 1 guaranteed blockstring you have to take... builds a whole bar.

27 gas blast kinda free ic.. i jjust went on kang also his instant airs are almost exactly on point with kabals and his fireball speed is faster. thats not even including his low one to use as well..

if his cancels were negative on block then why would he use them? it's cool that he just has minus on block 13 frame starters with no low or overhead starter?

we're telling you everything you're bitching about and explainiing it to you, but instead you won't accept it. We happily accept input for the mod, but you're just blurting things you don't know about and gettin upset and won't just say okay sorry guys you were right.. i was misinformed and move on.

you basically want kabal to be sheeva prior to our balance changes making him unplayable as in shit tier which is what we are fixing throughout the whole cast. What exactly are you wanting to accomplish

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
i just tested his pressure .. f32 ndc x 5 builds 1 bar exactly, i just went on cage also f33 x 3 builds more than a bar and f33b3 x3 builds more then a bar
sonya builds over a full bar at point blank with d4 ms cancels x3-4 i forgot how many was guaranteed from up close then she f1's into kartwheel thats 1 guaranteed blockstring you have to take... builds a whole bar.

27 gas blast kinda free ic.. i jjust went on kang also his instant airs are almost exactly on point with kabals and his fireball speed is faster. thats not even including his low one to use as well..

if his cancels were negative on block then why would he use them? it's cool that he just has minus on block 13 frame starters with no low or overhead starter?

we're telling you everything you're bitching about and explainiing it to you, but instead you won't accept it. We happily accept input for the mod, but you're just blurting things you don't know about and gettin upset and won't just say okay sorry guys you were right.. i was misinformed and move on.

you basically want kabal to be sheeva prior to our balance changes making him unplayable as in shit tier which is what we are fixing throughout the whole cast. What exactly are you wanting to accomplish
you really think that having -3 on block cancels on kabals's mids would make him sheeva tier? honestly.

you took cage as a comparison, a character with arguably the best pressure in the game (I would still prefer to be under his pressure than kabal's), a character witch is insanely good without the zoning or the mobility that, you guessed it, kabal has. and cage's pressure also could use some toning down as well.

now you are complaining that you are explaining me things and I don't accept that, but notice that to do that you always seem to take the best of the best in their particular things, while kabal can do all of that, but ARGUABLY not as good.

REO said that kenshi's zoning is better that kabal's and that shang can outzone him. well guess what? kenshi is the best zoner in that game, even though kabal can outzone him for no good reason. shang's the exact opposite: he is able to (barely) outzone kabal because his ground skulls are of great help dealing with the air projectiles, but kabal's zoning is better. pick one side.

then you told me that cage has better meter building with his pressure, question is: does he have better meter building full screen too?

THTB

Making NDC pressure negative wouldn't make sense, given Kabal in TE doesn't have any armor anyway. Kabal currently has to either d3 or F4NDC to stop you from poking out of his pressure, and if you block that his offense is actually over unless he wants to spend the bar to flash parry.

The character is designed to be a technical juggernaut. The main problem with him was really the extra dumb shit that would tip matchups in his favor that otherwise wouldn't have been so. Also, these characters are being improved as it is aside from other top tiers.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
@SaSSolino
@Rude
what are you talking about? Quan Chi's trance recovery frames on block have been reverted. It's exactly how it was in 1.05.
Another thing guys, this goes to all: Hopefully I won't get killed when I get my hands on Cyrax again.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
you really think that having -3 on block cancels on kabals's mids would make him sheeva tier? honestly.

you took cage as a comparison, a character with arguably the best pressure in the game (I would still prefer to be under his pressure than kabal's), a character witch is insanely good without the zoning or the mobility that, you guessed it, kabal has. and cage's pressure also could use some toning down as well.

now you are complaining that you are explaining me things and I don't accept that, but notice that to do that you always seem to take the best of the best in their particular things, while kabal can do all of that, but ARGUABLY not as good.

REO said that kenshi's zoning is better that kabal's and that shang can outzone him. well guess what? kenshi is the best zoner in that game, even though kabal can outzone him for no good reason. shang's the exact opposite: he is able to (barely) outzone kabal because his ground skulls are of great help dealing with the air projectiles, but kabal's zoning is better. pick one side.

then you told me that cage has better meter building with his pressure, question is: does he have better meter building full screen too?
yes that would exactly make him sheeva tier because after a single block string, he either has to let it fuckin rip and eat 40-50 % or his pressure is absolutely over no matter what due to anyone being able to beat his poke. Look, multiple people who understand the game are all telling you the same thing, but you have it in your head, that somehow these facts are not reality of how the game actually works.

I also almost died at the fact saying cage's mobility is bad LOL. Go dash block on him fullscreen, atm i don't even think you're playing the same game as us. Everything you've said is incorrect for the most part. Literally everything, we've answered is 100% truth. Listen if you honestly are that unhappy with how we are balancing it, then don't play it. It's quite simple dude, but i don't wana sit here and argue about things that are non existent.

It'd be nice if you would just accept that you were ill informed and move on from it and if you like the game than help us test and workout bugs so we can all play the game we miss and love with a better balance. If not, then thats fine as well.

THTB

I also almost died at the fact saying cage's mobility is bad LOL.
Cage has some of the best basic mobility in the game lol. There's a reason why he doesn't do as horribly in the Kabal matchup as people expect. A good Cage is SCARY for a Kabal because of it.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
yes that would exactly make him sheeva tier because after a single block string, he either has to let it fuckin rip and eat 40-50 % or his pressure is absolutely over no matter what due to anyone being able to beat his poke. Look, multiple people who understand the game are all telling you the same thing, but you have it in your head, that somehow these facts are not reality of how the game actually works.

I also almost died at the fact saying cage's mobility is bad LOL. Go dash block on him fullscreen, atm i don't even think you're playing the same game as us. Everything you've said is incorrect for the most part. Literally everything, we've answered is 100% truth. Listen if you honestly are that unhappy with how we are balancing it, then don't play it. It's quite simple dude, but i don't wana sit here and argue about things that are non existent.

It'd be nice if you would just accept that you were ill informed and move on from it and if you like the game than help us test and workout bugs so we can all play the game we miss and love with a better balance. If not, then thats fine as well.
oh god I never even said that cage's mobility is bad, I said that it isn't as good as kabal's, you want to disagree with me on this too?

and for the love of god if you really think that being - on cancels would make kabal not better than sheeva, damn I gotta be direct and say that you shouldn't help with balance changes man. let me tell you why: you said you main smoke then, have you ever staggered 3d1 without blocking afterwards? that string is -2 and you didn't get full combo punsihed as you said?!

and before you that kabal's normals are slower than smoke's, it's not by much and kabal's cancels are faster.

Cage has some of the best basic mobility in the game lol. There's a reason why he doesn't do as horribly in the Kabal matchup as people expect. A good Cage is SCARY for a Kabal because of it.
he said it, not me.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
agreed imo sonya lao cyrax and cage are the scariest to fight being on kabal / im pretty sure detroit and reo also dont like fighting them

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
oh god I never even said that cage's mobility is bad, I said that it isn't as good as kabal's, you want to disagree with me on this too?

and for the love of god if you really think that being - on cancels would make kabal not better than sheeva, damn I gotta be direct and say that you shouldn't help with balance changes man. let me tell you why: you said you main smoke then, have you ever staggered 3d1 without blocking afterwards? that string is -2 and you didn't get full combo punsihed as you said?!

and before you that kabal's normals are slower than smoke's, it's not by much and kabal's cancels are faster.

he said it, not me.
you have no idea what you're talking about sorry.. staggering a string with minimal recovery is a lot easier then watching a nomad animation cancel and reacting to that.. Also btw i punished smoke players 90% of the time they tried staggering that.

Come to evo, and i'll bring mk9 and show you how the when a cage has you in pressure is like compared to kabal.