What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You are not the only one to ask that (look in page 4 for REO's list) and I'm aware this would disable several of Cyrax's resets. It's definitely something I want to implement...but I believe there may not be a limit programmed (this may possibly be the reason why NRS never fixed Cyrax). In that case, I have no clue what should I do. I'll be looking at Cyrax soon again. Hopefully I'll be able to do something with him (TBH, the damage nerfs didn't really hurt him that much all, he can still pull off 78% combos ffs)
plus 4% bombs are just ugly...

- Skeletal Boost can now be activated during Trance.
that's interesting, I really do want to try it.

Last edited:

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Oh, sorry.
Well, in regards to skeletal boost.
Wait and see...
I don't want to spoil everything yet.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
cyrax related: can you remove invincibility on his anti air gran on wakeup? it really makes no sense.

NSR

Invincibility frames are a complete mystery to edit, thus far.
They don't seem to be in the tweakvars.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
@NSR are you going to work a little on TAG too? I'm asking because Stryker's tag attack is the last hit of his 232 string, but it isn't special cancellable.

On Pc that outfit can just rapid attack with no animation and it does 6000% damage and can crash the game. I found it pretty funny. roll has like an infinite upwards hit box so you can spam it to infinity in training mode

Reactions: NSR

NSR

Hmm, probably something either got corrupted when compressing, or the tweakvars were pasted incorrectly, or something related to the data1 file.
Thanks for the heads up man! Do either of her alternate costumes cause any problems?
I'll test MK3 Mileena on PS3 now, I'll let you know if the problem exists there.
Nope, the problem isn't there. Seems to be something related to the PC version of MK3 Mileena.

Last edited:

NSR

Got some more clear news on the next release: it will not be this weekend (final round) but next weekend + Last week of March is a possibility.
To make up for the delay, more characters will be included in the patch than the ones that were listed in the ASAP fix list.

NSR

Has anyone else discovered any other bugs? Any potential game breaking resets/infinites? (outside low pokes, which have been corrected for the next release) With Sub-Zero, for example, has anybody been able to discover any potential game breaking resets/infinites with his Ice Puddle?

NSR

I'm going to download and play this tonight.
Keep in mind, you are going to find some OP stuff, like the overbuffed low pokes and some heavily nerfed stuff (like Kabal) that's getting fixed come next patch.
Hopefully the guys won't kill me by saying this but, development, in terms of how many characters have been added and the implementation of the fixes has been done (on both PS3 and PC), and 17 characters out of 32 (yes, counting Kratos as one of those who got a fix) have been fixed. However, it is undergoing external testing by some of the tournament guys right now, and to avoid putting pressure on them, no release date has been konfirmed yet. The good news though, is that we are getting close to a release (simultaneous on both platforms as I've stated before, I won't make the same mistake as TE 1.00 and release them separate) and TE 1.25 has grown to be a bigger patch than expected (although some characters that were listed in the ASAP fix list weren't included, as, in hindsight, they weren't as ASAP as I thought. Other characters had bigger issues, but I won't say which characters weren't included in TE 1.25, wait and see)
So, if you get disappointed by 1.00, rest assured, an update will come and fix a great deal of things.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
1.25 won't be the last release, right? Because I mostly like change as an excuse to play MK9 again.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Keep in mind, you are going to find some OP stuff, like the overbuffed low pokes and some heavily nerfed stuff (like Kabal) that's getting fixed come next patch.
Hopefully the guys won't kill me by saying this but, development, in terms of how many characters have been added and the implementation of the fixes has been done (on both PS3 and PC), and 17 characters out of 32 (yes, counting Kratos as one of those who got a fix) have been fixed. However, it is undergoing external testing by some of the tournament guys right now, and to avoid putting pressure on them, no release date has been konfirmed yet. The good news though, is that we are getting close to a release (simultaneous on both platforms as I've stated before, I won't make the same mistake as TE 1.00 and release them separate) and TE 1.25 has grown to be a bigger patch than expected (although some characters that were listed in the ASAP fix list weren't included, as, in hindsight, they weren't as ASAP as I thought. Other characters had bigger issues, but I won't say which characters weren't included in TE 1.25, wait and see)
So, if you get disappointed by 1.00, rest assured, an update will come and fix a great deal of things.
Yeah I wasn't a huge fan. It's got a good base but you guys can't put in so many 50/50s. Its hella nonsense.

Stryker for example feels stupid good now. At the same time though, he feels stiff. If you fasten one normal, you'd have to do the rest, otherwise you create insane string gaps.

NSR

Yeah I wasn't a huge fan. It's got a good base but you guys can't put in so many 50/50s. Its hella nonsense.

Stryker for example feels stupid good now. At the same time though, he feels stiff. If you fasten one normal, you'd have to do the rest, otherwise you create insane string gaps.
keep in mind, all the 1.00 changes were made by me: (albeit with input from some threads and a few users, but in the end, I made the decisions...for worse) the guys didn't join in the project until AFTER 1.00 came out. Rest assured, the project will get better.
@SaSSolino
no, 1.25 will not be the last release, not even close to it.

Last edited: