What's new

MLG Columbus Shoutouts

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You all know what to do. :)

Shoutouts to everyone that showed up, from the regulars to the newer faces! You guys helped MLG become a success! MK9 is here to stay in MLG! :)

Also, IMDABEEEESSSSSSS.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Before I start my shoutout post...

Just wanted to give The Godfather, the reason why this community is where its at today, Matt aka Shock all the love. Sure, he wasnt there, but in spirit he was. He's the reason I am involved like i am in this community, so big ups to him. Wish you were there tho! :)

Ok...

9.95 Phil it was great to see you again, it was my absolute favorite part of this whole event. Thanks for adjusting my neck too. wowsers lol. feels so much better still! Love ya bro. Will see you again soon, hopefully in NYC this time!

Sabin Art, great job with the whole production. you were godlike. You've always been one of my favorite SF players, so working with you not just with this, TYM and MK in general has been a treat for me. you godlike bro. see you soon as well. :)

MarkMan, Andy & Leang & the Mad Catz crew: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE STUFF! haha You guys are godlike. wow, thanks again. Next time, we're doing Thurman's together! haha Much love!

jamessmk THE DON! THE MUTHAFUCKING DON! ALWAYS great to see you, Jimmy. Always a blast, never any dull moments. Beautiful jersey again too... Die deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft! Take care bro. We gotta blow up vVv now :D

REO i love you bro. So proud of what you've done. You are the man. You'll get em ;)

CD jr MANNY! Congrats bro. What you've done in the last year is just amazing....wow man. So proud.

CURBOLICOUS Dominic SO proud and SO impressed. Your a good kid, keep it up bro and you will just continue to get better and just be an absolute force in this game. See you soon too! :)

More coming....im sooo tired!

leiden

Noob
Being newer to the scene and merely a fan/spectator - the matches were fun to watch, the hype was there (on and off, but it was fun regardless), and we really saw some top quality MK matches. Even my friend, who isn't an MK player, was impressed and enjoyed watching what was happening.

Can't wait for Anaheim.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
First time at an MLG, as with most people here probably, was great. TOs took feedback and were accommodating.

We had to leave ASAP as the tournament ended, since people had work/school monday morning, so sorry if I didn't get a chance to say bye or get games with people.

FrothyOmen and @ribbz nice to meet you guys, hopefully I will see you guys at some other midwest tournaments!

Riu48 Nice to finally meet you, very gracious and friendly guy, blew me up in tourney and was very humble about it, I know to better prepare for your sonya in the future

Nice to see the Super Dominican Bros. Especially Maxter , we finally fought in tournament and you beasted me haha, definite props to you. Cool guys as always.

FOREVER KING nice to get some casuals with you, come to UFGT and get 1st, its on Xbox!

Cerebru finally played some casuals, glad you made it out

J360 was cool to meet you, i only knew you from forums and reputation. you had a beast CSZ, we'll have to play a longer set of matches some time

Master D. happened to bump into you watching M2Dave's match, was cool to meet you. I hope you are able to make some midwest tournaments like powerup or UFGT

Tim Static i'm not mike metroid! lol he actually said he had 4 people add him on facebook thinking he was Dizzy! See you at powerup

DetroitBalln313 shoutouts to your fake salt saturday night, lol that was awesome. Grats on top 8, well deserved

I'm sure i'm missing people, but was fun to be at another stacked tournament. Huge congrats to all the Top 8, well deserved all around.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
First off i just want to say that this weekend had to be one of the funnest weekends i have ever had. EVER.
My first shout out goes out a great friend and an outstanding player, CD jr for living his dream of becoming a champion in a video game that he really loves. Since day one he has possesed the drive and attitude to become the MK champion and has proven himself to be a true champion time and time again. Im proud of you bro.

Now for those people who made this weekend unforgettable.
KT Smith (aka scumbag smith) the walking meme himself. The same guy who predicted that he was going to get blown up all weekend and not even place top 32. This man is by far the most improved player in the entire community. He went from getting blown up in casuals round the clock to placing like a true fucking pro at MLG placing 5th in one of the hardest tournaments to date. It was hella fun hanging out with you this weekend and your negative nancy act really fooled us all. Congrats on your big wins this weekend man, baby sonya FTW. Hey you know whats a good idea? jump in at tommy waffles.

CRAZY DOMINICAN and Maxter you guys did an amazing job placing top 8 as usual and showed everyone that your placings are no fluke. You guys put on an amazing show and as always beasted throughout the tournament defeating some of the toughest players in the tournament.

CURBOLICOUS is hands down the MVP of MLG. You talked the talk and walked the walk my friend. You definitly proved to everyone that you are a beast by defeating some of the toughest players the offline community had to offer and by coming out you supported the community. After performing that babality on PL you have officially become the youngest father in the MK community. Im looking forward to your performances in future offline events.

SwiftTomHanks (shittomhanks) Claude VonStroke (fraudvonchoke) Phase 3 (phasefree) blueNINE (freenine) @mcpeanuts (mcfreenuts) Hitoshura (freetoshura) you guys are a hilarious group of people, i have never laughed so hard in my life. The ride there was godlike and the stay at columbus was as well. if i could use only two words to some up this weekend, they would obviously be GOOFY PLEASE!!!!

DetroitBalln313 Great seeing you again homey. Its always cool seeing you at tournaments, your funny as shit and chill as hell. When i got too hype during CDJRvsPL you saved me from getting kicked out lol. You'll always be considered a NY player =).

Riu48 You did an amazing job placing and proving that you are arguably the best sonya in the world. Im glad that of all people you were the one to eliminate me from the tournament. You deserved it and the dedication you put into the game showed through your performance on the main stage. Good work man.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Tom Brady and REO you two are always fun to hang out with especially when together. Congrats on placing 2nd REO you deserved it man. Next time i would like to see tom finally get a bracket of something other than power zoners lmao. Im pretty sure his mouth would water at a bracket of johnny cage players like mlg had. Round 2 fight, FINISH HIM, BABALITY.

Shout outs to Death and @queenofsheba for being an awesome couple to talk to. Death your mileena is by far the best ive seen and after 567 tournaments in a row vs maxter you are getting closer and closer to beating him lol.

EGP_tyrant Fun playing you in those short sets man, Your jax is fast as fuck.

THTB DO THE BERNIE!!!!! WE DA BEST!!!!!!

Shoutouts to the GGA guys Dizzy Wafflez jeremiah Medina4life. Thanks for having us in your room, the matches that went on in that room were awesome. Btw shoutouts to GGA for being godlike at d1 anti crossups.

Also shoutouts to TEAM CANADA Shady NeoRussell @ernov and anyone else from canada it was awesome chillin with you guys before yall left.

I also gained the ability to tell MortySeinfeld and Sao87 apart lol. Good seeing you guys and great job at the tournament.

That is all for now i got lunch to go eat. If theres anyone i forgot you guys will be added when i get back =)

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Shoutouts, huh? Alright.

First and foremost: MLG was among the most enjoyable experiences I've had in recent history. I got to spend a lot of time with some great people and outstanding players.

blueNINE J360 KT Smith - Staying up with you guys on the drive back was one of the most memorable highlights of the weekend. I don't think I've laughed harder in my entire life. There's so much shit I'm going to be repeating ad nauseam for a good long while: Goofy please, I bodied God, Bernie, a MAJOR WIN, etc. What a great trip. We're going to have to hang out some more at events in the near future. Extra shout-outs to Scumbag Smith, J360's Cyblax theme, and blueNINE's infamous "One input bug = 85% damage incident."

CURBOLICOUS - Great job at MLG. You and your mom are pretty goddamn cool. Having you two in the hotel room was a blast.

Death thequeenofsheba - We're going to have to set up a WNBA get together in the near future. I'll make sure to pick up some tricks from Death's rushdown Mileena and bestow the secrets of my turtle Mileena onto Sheba. Great seeing you two, and although you didn't particularly love Goofy Please, your reaction to the comic was pretty funny in itself. "Did this actually happen?"

CD Jr, Crazy Dominican, Maxter, REO, Riu48 - Amazing performances and you all unquestionably deserve the accolades you continue to receive. Excellent play all around. CD, next time we see each other we'll have to have a small Freddy conference. Yours is shaping up to be something fierce! Maxter, you're still the most epic person in the whole community. As for REO, CDJr, and Riu48, I hope we get to play some time soon. Especially Riu48, our sets got cut way too short.

Hitoshura - Shoutouts to your cooler, who gets a spot in the top 31 before Jade.

As always, shoutouts to the SwiftTomHanks and Claude von Stroke. Somehow we're going to have to rope Teef back into MK and find a local Cage.

Additional shoutouts to MK Peanuts, 7L, Tom Brady, Ernov, Sao, Morty, THTB, Mr. Topper, James MK, DetroitBallin' and anyone else I got to spend some time talking to throughout the trip. Everyone I met was really cool. This weekend definitely reminded me why I love this community so much.

On that note, I'll take this opportunity to introduce a couple original pieces I created based on this weekend's memes:

Foul Bachelor Maxter.

16-Bit's reaction to SwiftTomHanks.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
On that note, I'll take this opportunity to introduce a couple original pieces I created based on this weekend's memes:

Foul Bachelor Maxter.

16-Bit's reaction to SwiftTomHanks.
LMFAO!!!! i know KT's favorite has to be the maxter meme.
That 16 Bit one was flawless. holy shit im in tears right now
Osu 16 Bit your awesome. we were running that major win line on Swifty all weekend

Medina4life

Media Master
O man so where do I begin...

Team GGA most importantly, you guys are the reason why I'm just decent at this game. Wafflez and Dizzy, you two alone are so talented an I can't wait to see what you guys do in the upcoming majors.

The E-sports mobile where I got to play casuals vs GGA Jeremiah, AU Wanna Die and Delraich on the way to MLG

Delriach for being my media partner the whole trip

Sabin Awesome job at MLG, I came into that back room every so often and each time you were just working your A off, great stuff man.

9.95, Awesome tie! It was a pleasure seeing you again and you did great.

THTB , it was nice seeing you again at MLG, you didn't even know who is was at first haha

EGP_TYRANT , good casual matches, for some reason I kept AA's you with 321 haha, that was so odd

Tom Brady for what you did in the 5v5 room -______-" haha good games

Medina4life

Media Master
VSM guys for owning top 8 and the ones in our hotel room - KT Smith J360 blueNINE REO @Detroit Ballin313 , I really appreciate you guys coming and having some fun in our room

m2dave for the casuals we played and showing me how to play vs Freddy

NeoRussell and Shady , two cool Toronto players, nice fellas to talk to.

Relaxedstate for destroying me with Kabal, I need to learn that MU better haha

Tim Static , too bad we couldn't stream anything but thanks for being a chill dude and hanging out in our room

Perfect Legend Sorry I said you stormed the venue, from my perspective that's how it appeared to me, no disrespect.

Death , thanks for the few games we played, I REALLY want to play you some more, I need to learn those MU's and figure out how to counter some things you were doing.

Frothyomen and Ribz22 , two chill guys that played casuals in our hotel room

Sorry if I missed anyone else, but thank you too.. My next major is shaping up to be UFGT 8 and Pig of the Hut is coming and will maybe bring Ed's 4g so we can stream pool matches like Final Round!!! I have to talk to Keits first though

Reactions: REO

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Really great weekend! The experience was phenomenal and I have never been to an event quite like it. This is certainly the best thing that has happened to MK in a while. The community was represented like always, but this time the sponsors had the $$$!

@Death @thequeenofsheba you two are awesome! Fun stuff, I will see yall at Flawless Victory
@CURBOLICOUS You made this event really awesome dude. I don't think I have seen a happier kid than when you babied PL and everyone cheered and huddled around you! Serious Congrats. BTW your Mom is really nice too, I think she was is more disbelief about how well you were doing than all your haters! Proud Momalicious. I hear you have a little brother? Time to train him up and you will be the next Dominican house!

@FrothyOmen It was nice to meet you, my very first match in the tournament. Next time lets get some casuals in as well hah!
@Seapeople Good games man. I had that subzero, but your switch to reptile was smart :) Didn't quite study that one enough haha. Next time! Much respect.
@alexandersmith or @blueNINE? Damn nice KungLao haha...and your a really funny dude!
@Casselman Super awesome Sektor my friend! I think you were the first person in casuals I played with and made me think damn this comp is leveled up!

@Medina4life Great casuals my friend. We will run some more next time. You roll with one badass crew haha. I am in awe of GGA!
@Wafflez Like I said. You are the smoke of America hands down! I can't believe you didn't make top 8 at MLG. Those were some good casuals though, hope we get some more in at the next event.
@soonk Good game haha. You have a really awesome Kabal, we will get more in next time, but it was nice meeting you!

Sabin 9.95 Awesome awesome job! Thanks for making it enjoyable for everyone at home :)
Big Congrats to everyone on top 8. I am happy to see such avid community members finally getting paid for their skills and commitment to the game! I had a blast, the whole event was phenomenal.

I wish I had played better myself in the tournament, but I realize the importance of getting high level match up experience and studying character data/strings. My matches were all close and while I won a lot, it was not always very convincingly. I will be working on my fundamentals and my bad MUs. Respect to everybody there. That being said...I WILL SEE YOU ALL VIRGINIA THIS APRIL. I'LL BE READY. IM GONNA TAKE THIS LIKE GRANT TO RICHMOND!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Now these people deserve a post of their own. The people I'm talking about are the elder God's of mortal kombat.

9.95 Phil my main man you were awesome up on that titan tron. No one deserved the commentating position more than you. You help promote the community on a daily basis and without you and Dark_Rob there would be no VSM. You went up there and you did what you do best Phil. I look forward to seeing you up there again in the near future. The position fit you well.

jamessmk another man who promotes the hype and is heavily involved in the scene. Despite the fact that this isn't his favorite mortal kombat, he fathers the scene and is vsm's mk uncle with stories for days. Always an honor to have you around.

Tim Static it was awesome finally meeting you. You were hella chill and fun to be around for that limited time we were in the same places.

Shock summoning you guys weren't there but I definitely felt you guys there in spirit. Its hard to tell who the father of Mk is so there will be a paternity test involved lol. Even way before mk9 you guys have been humble and welcoming to new comers and have always gone out of your way to provide people with the experience that is mortal kombat while asking for nothing but attendance in return.

STORMS you run an awesome site and provide us all with the meeting grounds to discuss and to make things happen. Your love for Mk shows through your site.

I just want to say that without these guys this scene wouldn't be what it is today. The mk community has finally received the attention it deserves thanks to these wonderful people. Coming from someone who was a die hard capcom player, i can safely say that this community is unlike any other. Thank you all for your dedication to the players and the offline scene. Lets show these people some appreciation by attending these offline events and showing these other scenes how its done.

To start off, MLG was a blast. Definitely one of the best tournaments I have been to.

Noobe - It was nice to meet and talk to you. One of the best Cyrax players out there and don't forget HE NEEDS IT!! Hope everything went well going back to Florida.

Dizzy - You're a cool guy and it was fun talking to you while watching m2dave's match and the match between Tyrant and Curbo. This is the second time we have been at the same tournament and both times we placed 9th :( .

CURBOLICOUS - We didn't get to play, but it was cool meeting you. Also, congrats on getting 4th place. You might have the second best Cage, right after me :) .

DetroitBalln313 - It was cool meeting you and congrats on getting top 8. Next time I won't go so easy on you by picking Sonya lol.

soonk - Good seeing you once again and keep up the good work with Kabal.

EGP_TYRANT - We met for a split second, but it was still nice meeting you regardless. Good showing even though you had to face an onslaught of Cage players. Some of the stuff you were doing with Jax was simply crazy.

Tom Brady - Good seeing/talking to you and imagine if only you had been dealt all those Cage players. We might be still at MLG finishing up the matches.

KT Smith - Other than saying congrats on top 8, all I have to say is baby Sonya.

@Sonya - You suck.

If I'm forgetting anyone, sorry and it was good seeing old faces as well as new ones.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Here comes my laundry list of shoutouts:
J360 -- awesome dude, freaken saved my tournament chances by fixing my monitors and helping me adjust by giving me warm-ups! Dude has a sick cyber sub-zero and prolly one of the coolest guys I've met.

Tim Static --- even though we had alot of beef before going into this tournament and even though you hated me and kept on banning me :p you gave me alot of respect and was very cool about everything and supportive :) pretty cool dude

Hitoshura --- You had by far the funniest reaction and hype out of everyone in the tourny that i've seen. "OMFG JWON BABIED" made my day lololol

Riu48 --- Thanks for supporting me after i loss my first match and casuals in the hotel was great. Congratz on ur placing btw and come out to more majors to rep that beautiful sonya! Congratz on your placing ;)

DetroitBalln313 --- thanks for the PL doritos hahaha. We never got to play casuals offline =/ i might be getting my own ps3 soon so we can hit up teh online casuals soon. Congratz on repping arizona and being the only guy in top 8 thats not New York lol.

FOREVER KING --- Pretty freaken cool and salty that you sent me to losers first round haha but it was awesome meeting you in person and you did very well for your first offline tournament. Hopfully ill be able to attend more tournies and visit you again at powerup, maybe

REO --- FML when u picked kabal... i wanted to stay with cage the whole tourny and u had to pick kabal :p anyways congratz on how far you made it and remember next time we meet im not gonna let u rack up wins against my cage cuz ur gonna eat my metals arms "salt"

CD jr --- I was preparing for that weggie and turns out you never gave one to me :D congratz on 1st you diserved it and hopfully next time we play we can play for real. That 5-0 on my sonya was an epic sandbag :p u still have yet to play my cage which hopfully if you go to toryuken ull experience the fun of teh "frame traps". Also you need to train my in sfxt, im dying to get good at that game and i should be getting a fight stick soon which if u can tell me which one to get that would be cool.

Death --- You are awesome supportive and the best training buddy. I didn't by any means try sandbagging or anything it was just the atmosphere of the actually tournament match made me play different and that was the same with alot of other people i encountered. shoutouts to sheeba idk if she has a TYM

Pig Of The Hut --- Dude was always supportive of me and was one of the few from the start that actually believed that i can place high and do very good at an offline tournament. This guy is like my MK dad. I wish you went to MLG, my mom was woundering where you were.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Claude VonStroke ---- guy was epic and always supported me throughout the tournament. My mom thought u were really cool along with the rest of the guys at Deaths hotel.

KT Smith ---- awesome meeting you and i was always a fan of your smoke and thought you were amazing with him. prolly the best smoke out there and congratz on ur placing

@Kabal--- complete assclown hes lucky hes not getting patched or he was gonna get CAGED "salty"

k-frog ---- Awesome and hype having you there, shoutouts to rochester! and hopfully i can make it at toryuken!

m2dave Master D. both u guys never really played me that much! i played m2dave amazing freddy btw it was awesome and master d u need to play my cage so u can see what a true frame trap feels like.

Tom Brady --- Taller than i expected lol and also extremely good sub zero. IDK why everyone trolls you but you are a really awesome guy. Also it was cool that you supported me throughout the tourny i always thought you were one of my haters :0

CRAZY DOMINICAN --- great games that we had in casuals and top 8 u and ur brothers were mad cool but i didnt get to play maxter at all which was unfortunate. i may be going to toryuken im not sure if u guys are going but if u can it would be great seeing u guys again. amazing kitana and congratz on ur placing

Maxter ---maximo.... u never played me but i would like to get in some mirror matches with that cage and hopfully u are able to come to toryuken and compete there. DONT QUIT MK ur already tooo good to quit man. u live with 2 other killers in mk theres no need to quit cuz u are amazing along with CD and CD Jr.

@Character loyalty --- u failed me and ur corny. top level of mk i have to admit does depend on counterpicking.

@counterpick ---ugh

Perfect Legend --- despite all the crap everyone gave you i still think your a great player, you just need a little catching up to do in the scene and play some of the better players online. ur a real cool guy and hopfully u can make it out to more tournaments cuz i miss seeing that kung lao owning people.

UsedForGlue A F0xy Grampa --- u guys were so supportive and helped level me up so much i have to give alot of appreciation to u guys. thanks sooo much for helping me get ready for offline and see u guys on xbox

@My MOM --- Made me and put in time and money in this trip.... THANKS MOM