What's new

MLG Columbus Shoutouts

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Claude VonStroke ---- guy was epic and always supported me throughout the tournament. My mom thought u were really cool along with the rest of the guys at Deaths hotel.

KT Smith ---- awesome meeting you and i was always a fan of your smoke and thought you were amazing with him. prolly the best smoke out there and congratz on ur placing

@Kabal--- complete assclown hes lucky hes not getting patched or he was gonna get CAGED "salty"

k-frog ---- Awesome and hype having you there, shoutouts to rochester! and hopfully i can make it at toryuken!

m2dave Master D. both u guys never really played me that much! i played m2dave amazing freddy btw it was awesome and master d u need to play my cage so u can see what a true frame trap feels like.

Tom Brady --- Taller than i expected lol and also extremely good sub zero. IDK why everyone trolls you but you are a really awesome guy. Also it was cool that you supported me throughout the tourny i always thought you were one of my haters :0

CRAZY DOMINICAN --- great games that we had in casuals and top 8 u and ur brothers were mad cool but i didnt get to play maxter at all which was unfortunate. i may be going to toryuken im not sure if u guys are going but if u can it would be great seeing u guys again. amazing kitana and congratz on ur placing

Maxter ---maximo.... u never played me but i would like to get in some mirror matches with that cage and hopfully u are able to come to toryuken and compete there. DONT QUIT MK ur already tooo good to quit man. u live with 2 other killers in mk theres no need to quit cuz u are amazing along with CD and CD Jr.

@Character loyalty --- u failed me and ur corny. top level of mk i have to admit does depend on counterpicking.

@counterpick ---ugh

Perfect Legend --- despite all the crap everyone gave you i still think your a great player, you just need a little catching up to do in the scene and play some of the better players online. ur a real cool guy and hopfully u can make it out to more tournaments cuz i miss seeing that kung lao owning people.

UsedForGlue A F0xy Grampa --- u guys were so supportive and helped level me up so much i have to give alot of appreciation to u guys. thanks sooo much for helping me get ready for offline and see u guys on xbox

@My MOM --- Made me and put in time and money in this trip.... THANKS MOM
Good shit Curb.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I only have a few things to say...

@VSM, you fools dominated MLG and are currently ahead of everyone else. KT Smith's Smoke is one of the best I have ever played, and I have never seen any player abuse Kitana's 2,1 as well as CD does. Special congratulations to CD Jr. for taking home $12K.

@Ohio, MLG was somewhat of an embarrassing performance for all of us. Not a single Ohio player in the top 8. Not acceptable. Console Combat begins April 22nd. Let us come out and practice. I hope Perfect Legend decides to join us too.

CURBOLICOUS, amazing performance. I was most impressed when you beat CD's Kitana 3:0. I do not think any Cage player has ever done that before. Stick to Jax for the Kabal match up.

GGs to everyone I played. It was a pleasure to talk and interact with everyone.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
She was looking for me?

So what you're saying is WE have a chance?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN your face FOREVER KING ................(Christian) :)
Yeah right bro, his mom was hitting on me the whole time. You don't have a chance :p
She said I was "cute and muscular" and quote. She already knows what time it is when I come around, right CURBOLICOUS ?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I really want to thank you guys for the shoutouts even though I couldn't be there, and the acknowledgment of the effort I've put into the MK community for the last decade. It's kind of funny, because I do a lot behind the scenes now that many of you probably don't even realize (hell most of you didn't know for an entire year that I was privileged enough to help test MK9 at NRS) and more still probably don't really know what I did before MK9 haha and why the north east scene for it is the strongest in the country.

I will do my best to start being at more events in the future, aside from the majors I attend regularly that I have set aside time for in my schedule. Since NEC2 in 2001, I have only missed one NEC. It's hard to even get to VSM these days even when I'm not forced to watch Jersey Shore on Thursdays. I wish I had time to play MK9 (even though it is well known I am not a fan of the game on a deep level) and really participate directly with you guys, as every single day at work summoning and I talk about how we need to start playing for the Hell of it.

I feel that the doors I helped open for all of you with the 2D MKs that let MK get some spotlight at majors (even though yes we've still gotten the shaft here and there but a lot of you don't realize we're not the only ones) are enough at this point, and I thank people like 9.95 Phil and Dark_Rob who put together VSM and get the Long Island going so this whole MK community can continue to grow without needing my direct influence. Also, everyone needs to thank the players who tirelessly help us at tournaments, and people like jamessmk who flavor it all with controversy to attract more of an audience.

To sum that up, I fear that without all the effort from 2001 to 2011 earning MK the respect it deserves, the northeast MK scene would have went the way of the other regions in the US, and MK9 would have lost its luster 6 months ago when everyone said it was dying. Not here. Not on this coast. The never say die attitude has helped those other regions maintain interest and now it's truly a national MK scene.

BTW shoutout to Relaxedstate for the Grant took Richmond quote, my great grandmother use to drop that line all the time.

jamessmk

I am your god
I'll keep this short and sweet to everyone who attended MLG mad props. Everyone from PL all the way to the 9 year old girl I babalitied. Bounty hunter team of Curbolicious and his mom, to all my Canadian drinking MK brothers, to the Arizona brothers, to the VSM brothers, All the Ohio guys, and anyone in between. This community was finally a showcase at a tournament and quite the success. That was all because of all you guys who attended and supported. Oh... And a few.... Cantelopes

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Man a week late yet again on this. Just been busy looking for work and stuff to get around to it. I usually do long targeted shoutouts but since it was a little later this time it feels weird so I'll just say a few simple things. ggs to everyone I played. Awesome talking to all of you once again, and to those I met. This major has supplied with the most stories by far. Was an amazing weekend and this major in particular (for multiple reasons) has made me the most amped and proud to be part of this community, and to be playing this lovably broken game!

In case any1 is wondering who I am, one of my mains is Kitana, I was with the Toronto guys (who are also very amped to lvl up after this) and I called the miserable bitch from the bar fat. She learned the lesson that u dont disrespect my friends and ppl I respect while Im around. :)

Again I really, REALLY wanna see at least most of u at TORyuken aka CEC. U guys know we know how to have a good time and we promise that it will be a great tournament. There are evo points, and now that Ive added alot of you on fb we can discuss having some ppl stay over our residences for the weekend of the event (the date is May 19-20th).

Btw if any1 is gonna play Skullgirls online just hit me up on psn.

Until I see all of u next time!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yea i keep meaning to update this, but each post maxes out at 10 mentions. -_-

SOOO many people to mention, so if i shook your hand, shared a conversation, whatever, whatnot....THANK YOU FOR COMING!! It was my pleasure, to have you at MLG in MY HOMETOWN. Thank you to all the players, MLG staff, Mad Catz, NRS, other sponsors, the staff at that restaurant "Kneade" who looked at 20-30+ of us walk into their small restaurant and do a great job....everyone. Thank you all. Hope to see you all on the road at some point again VERY soon, starting in less than 2 weeks at PowerUp. Much love.

And much :coffee: