What's new

MLG Columbus Shoutouts

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
EGP_TYRANT --- great games and amazing jax. would like to see a jax mirror between u and CD Jr it would have been interesting to watch. hopfully u can make it out to more tournaments it would be great seeing u again.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Tim Static --- even though we had alot of beef before going into this tournament and even though you hated me and kept on banning me :p you gave me alot of respect and was very cool about everything and supportive :) pretty cool dude
i knew you had the talent, but thats just the way it goes. you want respect it needs to be earned. And regardless of players doing well born in the online game, online still means shit. Whatever IT is, you have IT. And you proved it, just like i told people i hope you did, despite me having to put you in your place with some of the stuff you did. It wasnt personal, and like i said at the tourney, i am the President of the Curbo fan club! And....

@My MOM --- Made me and put in time and money in this trip.... THANKS MOM
Yes, mad props to Mommalicous. I am a father so i can understand how proud she was of you and what you did, but the fact she took the time to come support and get you hear, there arent words for how awesome that it. Tell her i said Thank you! See you both again soon! Thanks Dominic!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
First offline tournament and it was a sick experience. So glad I got to be there in person and win a few matches before choking :p. This one is probably going to be more than one post...

FrothyOmen - Hell of a weekend to go to our first offline event, man. Since I was in Cbus the entire weekend before, I doubt I would have ended up going to the event if we didn't constantly talk about it. Thanks for being my partner in crime and dealing with about 0 sleep since we stayed about 40 minutes away from the venue.

soonk - Awesome meeting you over the weekend and sharing in the art of making fun of stuff; including typing hitbox essays, awkward Red Roof encounters, Tom Brady input bug rants that probably overflowed into the Starcraft area, and unnecessarily short volleyball shorts...

Medina4life Dizzy MOE30W Wafflez GGA Jeremiah Delriach and everyone else in the GGA crew for letting me get in on the hotel room casuals and chill with you guys. You guys really made me wish that I lived in Chicago and could hang/level-up more often.

Seapeople - For being my first tourney opponent and being cool as hell. I had a lot of fun playing you in casuals and getting to know you a little bit during the 2nd day.

REO - For being my first tournament loss. Let's just say that I am perfectly fine with that and couldn't have lost to a cooler dude.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
KT Smith - Congrats on placing so high and getting in that money. You played awesome on the main stage, and it was cool getting a chance to talk to you during the CDjr Tyrant match.

Hitoshura - For being cool and outgoing as hell. It was awesome getting to meet you over the weekend. I wish they would have used you for commentary at some point.

Goldfishkeeper - Was cool getting a chance to talk to likely the only hitbox Jade player on Earth, and nice work on unintentionally trolling your first opponent by ripping on their character before you knew who they were picking :p

m2dave Master D. THTB FOREVER KING - You guys represented Ohio extremely well. I was really really blown away by how well m2dave played against KT's Smoke, fighting through that bad match-up. I didn't really get to talk to you guys that much but I am hoping get a chance to at a future Console Combat so I can pick your brains and get some matches in to level up.

9.95 for a great 2 days of commentary. That is not an easy job and I thought you were excellent.

Tim Static - You are a freakin' BOSS man. It was awesome meeting you, and since we are only a few hours away I am sure we will probably see each other at more events if you aren't too busy being a referee for an Uncharted 3 throw-down lmao! Sorry I can't say good luck to your Buckeyes in the final four for obvious reasons ;).

CURBOLICOUS for being the MK community's new OBGYN. Wish you would have switched to Jax 1 match earlier, but I love the confidence.

@MLG in general for hosting such an amazing event

Shady

Noob
Alright you free bastards, I guess I gotta get mine in. First and foremost shout outs to going 0-2 in the tournament and being like "FUCK THIS GAME" for half a day after that... That was great. Shout outs to hitbox not being banned....

Now...

THTB & Hitoshura Do I even gotta say it? WeDABESSSSS.... But no, seriously, the only reason universe doesn't let us all live within driving vicinity of each other is because that shit would be fucked up for those around us. The amount of shit that happened this weekend that was instigated by one of us three is probably stupid big. From babies, to the Bernie, to whatever. I really hope both of you can make it out to Toryuken, if not at least all of us can end up at ECT.... Oh... and Boofs..... And this:

Death & thequeenofsheba nice to see you guys again, you always be traveling as a pair. Thanks for letting me crash in your hotel that one night. Can't wait to see you guys at Toryuken. Trust me, come to Toronto.

SwiftTomHanks & Claude VonStroke man, finally good to see you two again. Thanks for the Wawa's Andrew and I'm sorry I drank Kyle's the other night, I got confused :(. My bad. Same goes for you two when it comes to Toryuken, you better get your shit in gear and make it down there.

J360 KT Smith (aka Scumbag Smith) you travel in pairs so I have to shout it out like that. Cool to chill with you guys again. Nice to see Josh go back to that Cyrax as in going back to his roots, that shit was great to watch. Oh, and Scumbag KT getting blown up all Friday night just to place in top 5 like pro. Really the only player to get Smoke to that level from what I've seen and the way he levelled up, even from WB is mindblowing. Although it probably wasn't a good idea to jump at Tommy Waffles.

Maxter & CRAZY DOMINICAN man, why do you guys always have to steal people's placements in top 8? Leave some for the rest of us. The best part I think was CD trying to baby Tyrant and the controller thing happening. That was pretty damn priceless. That whole Saturday night was crazy (no pun intended, or maybe...) Seriously though. Maxter, sorry I didn't make it out for drinks with the rest of yall, but if you come to Toryuken I will rectify that like a motherfucker. You guys will never want to leave :p. The Toronto guys might be getting an extra room at the hotel to try and help the East Coast come down, so no excuses if we actually make that happen. Except you can't give anyone the knee though.

Oh, and obviously...

Shady

Noob
Noobe for "that's that fruity booty".... Man, your Cyrax... with that ragdoll.... It's like footsies, footsies, footsies FUCK IT!!!!!.... Lol. Good shit man. Nice to finally actually meet you and chill and such. Hopefully will see you at more tourneys.

EGP_TYRANT.... "Free.... Free..... Free.... FREEEEEEEEEEE" and "Mortal Kombat." Amazing Jax btw, that shit was crazy to watch. I still haven't figured out how you were able to fall asleep the way you did though. That shit must have been hella uncomfortable. Hopefully we'll see you at more East Coast outings man.

REO & CD jr wow, what a surprise, you two in grand finals again.... /sarcasm. Honestly, pretty much the paragons for this game, and the two of the best representatives for the community. Reo, the Kabal is godlike, and every time I watch it I am more convinced that when it comes to that character there is you and then there is everyone else. Motivates me to keep grinding. Jr, what can I say, you backed up everything you said this weekend and then some. You pretty much showed that there is no one in this community you're truly afraid off (except for Reo and dat F+3 :p). I hope to see the both of you at Toryuken.

Riu48, you're a really nice dude and it was amazing talking to and playing against you this weekend. Thanks for all the awesome Sonya tips and I picked up a lot from seeing you play her. The way you played against both ballin' and Reo was just phenomenal. Also, way to charge the stage line a maniac :p.

MortySeinfeld Nice to finally meet you. It sucks we didn't get to talk more about the character and all, but it was great to have even that little discussion we had with Death at dinner about match-ups and everything. That mirror you guys had was simply amazing and showed me that I do have much left to learn with the character.

@Curbolicious, what can I say man, you talked the talk and then you definitely walked the walk. That was some very impressive stuff. People can say what they say about Cage and whatever, but you proved to everyone that you're the real deal. JWong who? PL What?!! Seriously though, I do hope you come out to more tournaments and build on your success at MLG. And to those who are fooled by this kid's online talk, he is the real deal and a real humble kid up close and personal. A pleasure to meet you and all.

FOREVER KING, finally got to play you offline and man, just like I thought, you were amazing. That Freddy scared the shit out of me the first time, and I'm happy to have had a chance to play against you and learn from those games, hopefully to level up. It sucks you got put out of top 8 and I'm sorry I wasn't a better Sonya to have you more prepared....

9.95 Phil, You did an amazing job for this community this weekend like you always do. No shout outs post can actually encompass within it how much you do for us and how you keep this community going day in and day out. I hope that for all future MLG events they come straight to you.

Sabin, thank you so much for running these events for us through MLG and putting a lot of hard work in to make this happen and happen smoothly. Appreciate all that you've done for us this weekend.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Here comes my laundry list of shoutouts:

Pig Of The Hut --- Dude was always supportive of me and was one of the few from the start that actually believed that i can place high and do very good at an offline tournament. This guy is like my MK dad. I wish you went to MLG, my mom was woundering where you were.
She was looking for me?

So what you're saying is WE have a chance?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN your face FOREVER KING ................(Christian) :)

Shady

Noob
Phase 3, didn't get to know you much this weekend, but you seem like a cool dude. Sorry for drinking your ice tea. Blame Andrew for being horrible with directions.

blueNINE HOLD DAT!!! But no, seriously, that was some fun shit those two nights man. ALl I gotta say is GOOFY PLS!!!

DetroitBalln313 if anyone comes close to matching Reo's greatness with Kabal it's you, and watching you play both that character and Shang has motivated me even more to go back to the lab and keep working on them. Sucks I didn't get to play you and pick up a few things but that's the nature of tournaments, you can never get EVERYONE in for casuals. Hopefully see you at future events.

MK Peanuts, great Kang and awesome to hang out outside of tournaments. Also, you never cease to make my ears bleed with your victory cry :p.

soonk thanks for putting me out of the tournament :p.... Good Kabal man, and I was salty at the hitbox, but I know it's the player and not the controller. I hope we face each other again one day. You're a really nice dude.

Medina4life, thanks for playing me in casuals, even when your controller started to freak out a little bit. You're a really nice dude, and I'm a little upset we didn't get to hang out a bit more, but that's how it is at tournaments. Hopefully next time I will be able to get more of that Rain experience.

A special separate and big thanks to NeoRussell for making the Canadian appearance at MLG possible, and for supporting our community the way he always does. This guy is our Phil and we wouldn't want it any other way. Just a classy dude. Thanks for being the driver too and sorry if we fucked up your car in anyway with garbage (I think I got everything though).

Pig Of The Hut

Shoutouts, huh? Alright.

First and foremost: MLG was among the most enjoyable experiences I've had in recent history. I got to spend a lot of time with some great people and outstanding players.

blueNINE J360 KT Smith - Staying up with you guys on the drive back was one of the most memorable highlights of the weekend. I don't think I've laughed harder in my entire life. There's so much shit I'm going to be repeating ad nauseam for a good long while: Goofy please, I bodied God, Bernie, a MAJOR WIN, etc. What a great trip. We're going to have to hang out some more at events in the near future. Extra shout-outs to Scumbag Smith, J360's Cyblax theme, and blueNINE's infamous "One input bug = 85% damage incident."

CURBOLICOUS - Great job at MLG. You and your mom are pretty goddamn cool. Having you two in the hotel room was a blast.

Death thequeenofsheba - We're going to have to set up a WNBA get together in the near future. I'll make sure to pick up some tricks from Death's rushdown Mileena and bestow the secrets of my turtle Mileena onto Sheba. Great seeing you two, and although you didn't particularly love Goofy Please, your reaction to the comic was pretty funny in itself. "Did this actually happen?"

CD Jr, Crazy Dominican, Maxter, REO, Riu48 - Amazing performances and you all unquestionably deserve the accolades you continue to receive. Excellent play all around. CD, next time we see each other we'll have to have a small Freddy conference. Yours is shaping up to be something fierce! Maxter, you're still the most epic person in the whole community. As for REO, CDJr, and Riu48, I hope we get to play some time soon. Especially Riu48, our sets got cut way too short.

Hitoshura - Shoutouts to your cooler, who gets a spot in the top 31 before Jade.

As always, shoutouts to the SwiftTomHanks and Claude von Stroke. Somehow we're going to have to rope Teef back into MK and find a local Cage.

Additional shoutouts to MK Peanuts, 7L, Tom Brady, Ernov, Sao, Morty, THTB, Mr. Topper, James MK, DetroitBallin' and anyone else I got to spend some time talking to throughout the trip. Everyone I met was really cool. This weekend definitely reminded me why I love this community so much.

On that note, I'll take this opportunity to introduce a couple original pieces I created based on this weekend's memes:

Foul Bachelor Maxter.

16-Bit's reaction to SwiftTomHanks.
OMG this video LMAO

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Alright here it goes..

SwiftTomHanks Thanks for being an awesome friend and organizing this with me. Thanks for letting me crash on your bed too before leaving monday. REALLY needed that! Also DAT DANCE in the van. My god that is awesome.

Phase 3 Glad i got to hang with you and do some nice trolling. Love hearing you yelling in the background on the streams with me.

KT Smith Congrats on everything and thanks for the memories, i mean memes.

J360 thanks for driving almost all the way there and back and playing the thong song. Shit was awesome.

EGP_TYRANT glad i got to meet you and you are always welcome to crash in my room again. What a nice guy!

CURBOLICOUS you are welcome to crash with me/us anytime you want man. You are a cool dude and a SICK ass player. Hope you get out to more tournaments now!

REO even though you don't talk to me that much i think you are an awesome guy and one of the best MK players alive! Glad you did well again.

Maxter my favorite MK9 player in this community. Sucks you couldn't win it all this time but it will happen soon! Drinking with you and the guys saturday night was godlike.

Pig Of The Hut for not showing up and allowing all this f3 shenanigans to commence. I mean not ONE kenshi player in the house? Could have used your godlike kenshi!

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Death playing you friday night helped me saturday agains that sonya player i really believe that. Keep leveling up with curbo and i'm sure you'll become one of the best around.

thequeenofsheba was fun hanging with you and giving you mileena tips even though your boyfriend is like the best mileena players rofl.

MK Peanuts that was fun going to the bar with you. Hope to see you again soon.

Tom Brady maaaaan the van rides were awesome and your goofy please quote will remain in my signature for a long time! You are a lot of fun to hang out with and learn game knowledge from. Would love to run some matches with you in the future if you are around VSM any time.

Riu48 you're one of my favorite MK9 players. Don't know if you know that lol. So glad you did will in this tournament. I was cheering for you every time you were on stream!

CRAZY DOMINICAN you're probably one of the coolest guys i've ever met in my life! Best Kitana Ever!

Shady sorry you went 0 - 2 but i'm sure you'll do better next time. One of the most fun people in this community for sure and glad to be your friend.

CD jr congrats on taking it all, you deserved it. MLG was so free to you =) Still want those matches though! lol

blueNINE I feel like i made a new friend and i love that. You are such a cool guy. Just remember that you DON'T play the guitar because your name is not John Petrucci.

Perfect Legend sorry things didn't work out the way you hoped. I'm sure you'll do better in the future. Thanks for training with me and hanging out.

Hitoshura DAT COOLER

THTB can we hang out sometime soon man? Fuck you are fun to hang out with. Had a great time!

@goofyplz thanks.

Pig Of The Hut

Alright here it goes..

SwiftTomHanks Thanks for being an awesome friend and organizing this with me. Thanks for letting me crash on your bed too before leaving monday. REALLY needed that! Also DAT DANCE in the van. My god that is awesome.

Phase 3 Glad i got to hang with you and do some nice trolling. Love hearing you yelling in the background on the streams with me.

KT Smith Congrats on everything and thanks for the memories, i mean memes.

J360 thanks for driving almost all the way there and back and playing the thong song. Shit was awesome.

EGP_TYRANT glad i got to meet you and you are always welcome to crash in my room again. What a nice guy!

CURBOLICOUS you are welcome to crash with me/us anytime you want man. You are a cool dude and a SICK ass player. Hope you get out to more tournaments now!

REO even though you don't talk to me that much i think you are an awesome guy and one of the best MK players alive! Glad you did well again.

Maxter my favorite MK9 player in this community. Sucks you couldn't win it all this time but it will happen soon! Drinking with you and the guys saturday night was godlike.

Pig Of The Hut for not showing up and allowing all this f3 shenanigans to commence. I mean not ONE kenshi player in the house? Could have used your godlike kenshi!
ill make it up to u

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
(people in the van, going by order of where they were sitting)

J360 bff's 4 life. Also, thank fuck you're going back to cyrax lmao.

SwiftTomHanks for herding the cats all weekend

Phase 3 for having awesome energy about everything

Claude VonStroke for spear heading the whole van and hotel room operation. that trip wouldn't have been possible without you man

REO and Tom Brady listening to you two troll each other about who was more hated was the most hilarious shit.

blueNINE for all the metalz

CD jr for encouraging me and having my back through everything, even after I was all pissed off at everyone Sunday morning hah. definitely wouldn't be as good as I am without you.

Hitoshura for packing light and keeping the hype going

Maxter for knocking me into loser's. don't worry, my Smoke is coming for you soon...

Riu48 for having 2 controllers, one for each characters. that's legit

CRAZY DOMINICAN for REFUSE TO BLOCK LOW

I think that's everyone... 12 plus me makes 13.

Also, where are the pictures of us outside the van at Wawa?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
(other players, in order of however I remember)

THTB great to finally meet you man. F3 F3 F3 I'M DA BES SWAG SWAG SWAG

Death and thequeenofsheba you guys are awesome. We should go on a double date some time or something

CURBOLICOUS I have the unique honor of being the first person to get curbstomped in person. you already have an understanding of footsies that most people will never have their whole lives. I'll have an answer for your cage next time...

FOREVER KING for managing to put Curbo into losers first round. I was so stoked after that because I knew if I could just stay in winners I could avoid the slaughterhouse that losers became with curbo in it.

ribbz22 FrothyOmen Wafflez awesome to meet you guys. smoke 4 life

Shady , the only canadian I really saw much of at MLG. shout outs to the rest of canada too

EGP_TYRANT for repping the west coast. I wanna see more peeps from the west coast attend stuff

MK Peanuts for rescuing my tour of the black moon shirt. I owe ya for that.

m2dave Master D. ggs guys. am I #1 most wanted in Ohio now?

Treadmill HE NEEDS IT!!