What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I don't know why you'd want to put the lore of BD in a choke hold for a shitshow like SF. It's WAY easier to just say fuck it like we do with Shaolin Monks, except unlike Shaolin Monks nothing interesting happens in SF. Someone breaks out some BD members from SF custody. Jax murders them and captures that somebody (Kano) and his stupid artifact in Outworld. The end. Even if you ignore the fact that the game makes a clear distinction between the guys you kill (Status: Terminated) and the one guy you apprehend, there's gems like:
"Too bad I had to take her out though, that Tasia sure was a looker...".

Now go play MK9 again or watch a youtube of the first few chapters. It plainly says the BD are still in operation and Kano is an active member. That means every single thing in SF is untrue.

In fact, I just double checked, after reviving Kabal Kano actually says "The Black Dragon ain't the same without you, mate.". So the BD were never broken out of SF custody, Jax never beat them to death, Kano never betrayed them for a stupid gemstone.

The only part of SF that was even possible with MK9s new canon was that Jax killed all the characters nobody cares about (yes, he even kills Jarek in SF). And no, he never takes any of them back to base or radios for pickup or reinforcements or anything, he just beats them to death and moves on. Now we know even that isn't true.
"Put the lore of the BD in a choke hold..." ???​

How would the lore be in a "choke hold" if MK:SF's story is being taken into consideration?

"Even if you ignore the fact that the game makes a clear distinction between the guys you kill (Status: Terminated) and the one guy you apprehend, there's gems like: "Too bad I had to take her out though, that Tasia sure was a looker..."." ???​

What is your point here? There are PLENTY of MK games where characters were CLEARLY "killed" but came back for one reason or another. Mileena died; Cage died; Kung Lao died; Kintaro died; Kano died; and there are plenty more. Just because you personally don't like Tasia or SF in general for its HORRIBLE dialogue means nothing, and doesn't really amount to anything.

"Now go play MK9 again or watch a youtube of the first few chapters. It plainly says the BD are still in operation and Kano is an active member. That means every single thing in SF is untrue." ???​

What does this have to do with MK:SF again? How many years before MK1 did MK:SF take place??

"...after reviving Kabal Kano actually says "The Black Dragon ain't the same without you, mate.". So the BD were never broken out of SF custody..." ???​

Same as above, what does this have to do with MK:SF?? Kabal wasn't apart of MK:SF at all, so what are you trying to say here??

"The only part of SF that was even possible with MK9s new canon was that Jax killed all the characters nobody cares about..." ???​

You really aren't making any sense...at least to me, on any of your points. MK9 DIDN'T change ANYTHING about Kano's story pre MK1. Certain things were hinted at, like Kano double crossing the SF some how, which resulted in Sonya hunting him, but NOTHING was said that contradicts MK:SF. And I think you misunderstand me, I'm not arguing for MK:SF because I "like it" or something, it is just a CANON part of the lore that happened pre MK1. I, nor you, dictate canon, thus what I like, or what you like, is irrelevant. Facts are fact. Timelines are timelines. MK:SF happened. Period.

Until some evidence is presented, and/or Boon and Co. say MK:SF's story is non-canon, and is thus erased, MK:SF's story should still be taken into account when discussing characters and story.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Wait... what if Jax got down and dirty with his enemy and Tasia is Jacqui's mother?! Jacqui's going to have a great time dealing with that lol. At least then she'd have a proper story instead of just being Cassie's friend atm.
That would be interesting, but I can't imagine Tasia just showing up at Jax's house 9 months later to drop off a baby then go back to her life of crime. If anything, Tasia would've switched sides or Jacqui would've been brought up in the Black Dragon.

There's also the Gemini possibility, but there's literally no indication of a relationship between the two of them in SF. If I remember corecctly, the dialogue doesn't even fully establish that she's female or even a real person and not like an AI or something. She's jjust a weird voice Jax talks to in between missions.

trufenix

bye felicia
@Onilordasmodeus I can't make it any more succinct than I did. I admire your tolerance of insane character resurrection cop-out plot possibilities, but this isn't about characters being brought back to life or even an unclear death retcon, this is about SF's plot being a direct contradiction about everything MK9 (and in some cases, even MK1-4) says about Jax, Kano, SF, and the Black Dragon. Simply put; If SF (the game) happens, Kano's canon rep with both the BD and the SF doesn't work.

It COULD work if the Black Dragon referred to in MK9 was totally different organization or at least made of totally different people. It would make SF the most ineffectual and inept military organization since GI Joe, Kano literally the most diabological manipulative genius of all time, but it could still sort of work. Unfortunately, now that we see Tasia and Jarek are still alive and calling themselves Black Dragons means no, that isn't the case.

I don't like how the comic skimmed over the part if Hanzo knows Sub did not murder his clan. I'm over this dumbass scorpion running around blaming people for shit. It's getting old. Former poster boy Liu Kang needs to murder his ass and end of.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Remember this Kotal Kahn vs Goro art I showed you before? It's the cover for print issue 3, chapters 7-9 :)

Crazy thought and feel free to laugh but what if Erron Black was a rebooted Kobra?

We know Kotal needs help and we know the Red dragons are helping Mileena...what if the Sonya diss prompted Kotal to get help from a different earthrealm source?

Erron = Error. Black = Black Dragon.

Most likely not but it'd be the best troll job/ character redesign in recent memory.

I think we can all agree the original design was a pretty big error on Midway's part, NRS has made fun of their own characters before and they love cheeky references like that. (Frozen references)

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Still hunting down current comic this week. Can't read ure replies as it's all spoilers imo. Fucking comic store is taking to long heh

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
Crazy thought and feel free to laugh but what if Erron Black was a rebooted Kobra?

We know Kotal needs help and we know the Red dragons are helping Mileena...what if the Sonya diss prompted Kotal to get help from a different earthrealm source?

Erron = Error. Black = Black Dragon.

Most likely not but it'd be the best troll job/ character redesign in recent memory.

I think we can all agree the original design was a pretty big error on Midway's part, NRS has made fun of their own characters before and they love cheeky references like that. (Frozen references)
that thought is so insanely crazy and unbelievable that i actually like it.

trufenix

bye felicia
Looks like it was either Jarek or Tasia.
I felt that way too at first, but why didn't they have the bubble going straight to either one of them? Why lock the bubble it in that frame when they had ample space in the wide shot (or any previous shot) to clearly illustrate it was one of them talking? Also, they already acknowledged the girls outside the club, BY NAME. Did they forget who or how many people they were chasing in the seconds it took to catch them?

It seems far more likely to me the intention was to mask the speaker (waiting on the other side of the portal) who frames later is revealed to be Erron Black.

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
I felt that way too at first, but why didn't they have the bubble going straight to either one of them? Why lock the bubble it in that frame when they had ample space in the wide shot (or any previous shot) to clearly illustrate it was one of them talking? Also, they already acknowledged the girls outside the club, BY NAME. Did they forget who or how many people they were chasing in the seconds it took to catch them?

It seems far more likely to me the intention was to mask the speaker (waiting on the other side of the portal) who frames later is revealed to be Erron Black.
interesting, well i guess we'll know for sure in the next issue

trufenix

bye felicia
interesting, well i guess we'll know for sure in the next issue
Honestly, I hope its you guys who are right because I'd prefer to live in a world where Erron had minimal and meaningful dialogue, not one where he says things like "two for one night" while talking about capturing teenagers. But it also looking more and more like he'll be a cold corpse by MKX time, so it might be moot.

The erron black theories may well be the most stupid thing I've seen on this site for a long time. And that's saying a lot!
I don't see why. He's a masked guy and the close up of him that looked like blonde hair so he could really be anybody. Especially because no one knows anything about him to be making strong statements like that.

Plus, Erron Black? That's sounds like the fakiest fake name to ever crawl out of cheesy town. Even for MK.

The more I think about it the more it seems like an alias.

But honestly the chances are just as good that he's a new character as they are he's someone we know under disguise.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Wat.

The bubble is heading in their direction, and you can see that the camera shot is from behind Cassie. If it was Erron Black saying it then the speech bubble would've come from inside the portal. The closeup shot was to show Cassie dropping her phone. I thought that would've been apparent :confused: Whoever said it was just showing excitement at having captured both girls, that's why there was emphasis on the "AND".

I know know what mileenas design will be like, she will have the dark pink mask over her face like kitanna but unlike kitanas where it ends at the neck, mileenas will continue to her chest and act like a pink chest piece, kinda like I the comics... :)

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
So in a recent IGN video, they show the faction screen and Sonya is there. Now if that is Sonya and not an alt for Cassie, this could mean that Johnny is the one who dies(again), and Cassie now having to live with mom, joins the SF to seek revenge on the Black Dragons.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think Johnny was confirmed months ago by a guy from NRS, he didn't want to but he finally relented.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
So in a recent IGN video, they show the faction screen and Sonya is there. Now if that is Sonya and not an alt for Cassie, this could mean that Johnny is the one who dies, and Cassie now having to live with mom, joins the SF to seek revenge on the Black Dragons.
Johnny better die! That chest tattoo is hideous!

So in a recent IGN video, they show the faction screen and Sonya is there. Now if that is Sonya and not an alt for Cassie, this could mean that Johnny is the one who dies(again), and Cassie now having to live with mom, joins the SF to seek revenge on the Black Dragons.
Link please?