What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
But if Erron Black is in the game and don't talk, he'll have shitty intros then lol unless it winds up he's a mute lmao...that would be rich.

MKF30

Ok if he didn't have a mouth that would be seriously disturbing(but then that would fit right into MK lol)

Lmao I was thinking the same. But they could make him just a very quiet person and talks only when you know shit is going down.
Hmm true, or I was thinking if he don't talk he can just point at you like something like this...lol in his intros doing something different each time.

or this before the match lol

MKF30

@Spinky the cut throat, yes. But just using that as an example, and he did that as a victory exit.

For someone who don't talk could do points at you then punches hand or something.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
If Erron Black is in and he has a Mexican accent when he says his intro lines there will be IRL deaths by laughter. Erron "Pedro" Black...
1. Im confused. In MKDA, Jax killed Hsu Hao. How did he come back?

2. Am i correct in the conclusion that because things were changed via ending of MK9, it completely erases MKA from history?
1. The first comic took place before MKDA, so if anything you should be asking how Hsu Hao came back for MKDA :DOGE
2. Not necessarily.

Last edited:

Youphemism

BIG KITTSY BOY IS AT IT AGAIN

First and foremost, we will see more of Frost in the comics. Last we saw of her she was being carried away on a stretcher. But he might be hinting that Frost and Cassie may have a rivalry but then make up and work together?

Next on the list, it turns out ol' Sheamus lookalike of Special Forces is actually called Lt. Shaun Shamrock!
Shaun shamrock has to be him trolling. Little tongue in cheek joke at marvel/Stan lee
Hold this :DOGE

Not sure whether to class this as information or not but I'm showing you this anyway

Youphemism

Oh and could Shawn be suggesting Kintaro survives too? Maybe he just stays in the comic or maybe he's in the game? Maybe? M a y b e? Not that particularly want Kintaro back lol.

Also some random trolling 'cause why not

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Idk how I feel about the comic so far. I'm going to give it a solid 10 issues before I pass any real judgement, but right now it's a toss up. The art is meh with some good writing and a decent story. Hoping it gets better, but it isn't bad at all.

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
Hmm this is interesting, I wonder if frost will still join the Lin kuei this time around. It'd be a little different with either bi-Han or sektor being grandmaster.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
It's the problem with being thrown into all of this post war with no information to go on, it's really bad & makes things unclear.
Glad I'm not the only one

Sorry if I'm being snarky, but I'm more confused about you being confused, than confused about the story.

You want to know why what? Why Kotal wanted help? Why D'Vorrah wanted to fuck Sonya up? Why Sonya was Snarky with Kotal? Most of that was implied.

Sonya was snarky with Kotal because she doesn't trust him or his people. She doesn't like him...well really, she doesn't seem to like anyone. The comic is really making her out to be a badass who can back her shit up, and that is pretty much it. Sonya is older now, like 40 something I think, and she's seen some shit. She's hardened.
Well I asked for clarification not snark...

So we're supposed to swallow it at "she's seen shit", great. Quite frankly I find her obnoxious the way they introduced her as a pig headed dick but I could see why people would like her.

---
Ugh! Frost should have just died!

I like Kintaro better than Goro but I figure Kintaro won't be in MKX or this storyline.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
It's not bad as a comic book character but if he's in game it'd be ridiculous.
In game character called that would be absolutely horrific. But I'd still find it terrible in the comic too. It's supposed to be quite serious and dark, if they start doing shit like that I'd completely give up on it. I'm already starting to lose the will to read on with the teenage drama adventures of Cassie and Jacqui.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
In game character called that would be absolutely horrific. But I'd still find it terrible in the comic too. It's supposed to be quite serious and dark, if they start doing shit like that I'd completely give up on it. I'm already starting to lose the will to read on with the teenage drama adventures of Cassie and Jacqui.
To be honest even though I don't necessarily like reading about their adventures it is important. It is showing us about the two girls and how they evolve into who they might be in MKX. I'd rather read about them than know nothing of their past once the game is out.

Last edited:

Youphemism

I still hope he's just trolling, if someone calls him that in the comic that'll be so cringingly embarrassing
He said that's his actual name...and anyone that's asked that has also been told the same thing lol. I doubt he'll be in the game or that relevant to anything with a name like that but that is his name :p

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
He said that's his actual name...and anyone that's asked that has also been told the same thing lol. I doubt he'll be in the game or that relevant to anything with a name like that but that is his name :p
When someone calls him that in the comic I'll believe it to be relevant, until then I think it's probably just some joke name that the people who made the comic refer to him as.

trufenix

bye felicia
...Why can't there be some story explanation rather than MK:SF being totally retconed?
I don't know why you'd want to put the lore of BD in a choke hold for a shitshow like SF. It's WAY easier to just say fuck it like we do with Shaolin Monks, except unlike Shaolin Monks nothing interesting happens in SF. Someone breaks out some BD members from SF custody. Jax murders them and captures that somebody (Kano) and his stupid artifact in Outworld. The end. Even if you ignore the fact that the game makes a clear distinction between the guys you kill (Status: Terminated) and the one guy you apprehend, there's gems like:
"Too bad I had to take her out though, that Tasia sure was a looker...".

Now go play MK9 again or watch a youtube of the first few chapters. It plainly says the BD are still in operation and Kano is an active member. That means every single thing in SF is untrue.

In fact, I just double checked, after reviving Kabal Kano actually says "The Black Dragon ain't the same without you, mate.". So the BD were never broken out of SF custody, Jax never beat them to death, Kano never betrayed them for a stupid gemstone.

The only part of SF that was even possible with MK9s new canon was that Jax killed all the characters nobody cares about (yes, he even kills Jarek in SF). And no, he never takes any of them back to base or radios for pickup or reinforcements or anything, he just beats them to death and moves on. Now we know even that isn't true.

Youphemism

Even if you ignore the fact that the game makes a clear distinction between the guys you kill (Status: Terminated) and the one guy you apprehend, there's gems like:
"Too bad I had to take her out though, that Tasia sure was a looker...".
Wait... what if Jax got down and dirty with his enemy and Tasia is Jacqui's mother?! Jacqui's going to have a great time dealing with that lol. At least then she'd have a proper story instead of just being Cassie's friend atm.