What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Jesus Goro please stop, it's too much badassery for me to handle! How he sits there, eating like a champ being all like "eh, alright... might as well kill Kotal for you...". With all that said, I'm pretty sure he's gonna die. :( At least I'm hoping for a somewhat balanced fight, let him die like the badass he is!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Mileena relying on a jobber like Reiko to do her bidding? Oh how the feeble sisterhood have fallen...

What rhymes with "Cena sucks"?

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Just when I was starting to lose hope with the comics, this one brought it right back on track. Great issue. I hope they keep this up, although I wasn't a fan of whoever the artist was for this issue, but I thought the story was good enough to overcome this for me.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Jesus Goro please stop, it's too much badassery for me to handle! How he sits there, eating like a champ being all like "eh, alright... might as well kill Kotal for you...". With all that said, I'm pretty sure he's gonna die. :( At least I'm hoping for a somewhat balanced fight, let him die like the badass he is!
I doubt he'll die since he's in the game and there is supposed to be some kind of Shokan uprising later in the comic.

If they didn't have the balls(thankfully) to kill frost they aren't going to kill Goro.

I find the idea of Mileena being a 10 by most of Outworld's race's standards awesome and hilarious. I'd like to think that they think Mileena is hotter than Kitana.

"Kitana? Ew, not enough teeth. She probably wouldn't even murder me in my sleep after making love to me."

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Loved this issue. Really liking how Kotal is a badass with a sense of honor. Can't wait to see him keep growing ad a character. On another note the second boot does look like it could be Erron's buuut Who knows the artwork in this issue wasn't the greatest.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I doubt he'll die since he's in the game and there is supposed to be some kind of Shokan uprising later in the comic.

If they didn't have the balls(thankfully) to kill frost they aren't going to kill Goro.
He's in the game, yeah, but only as DLC. And the Shokan uprising may just happen without him, or maybe his death is the reason for it. We'll see, I'm praying for him not to die but I've got a bad feeling.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

I completely disagree. As Goro has claimed he will "finish" Kotal, it seems to be a one or the other situation, and as we know Kotal won't die, it has to be Goro.

Also, I remember reading that the Shokan uprising is lead by Kintaro. If Goro were alive, surely he'd be leading the Shokan uprising? Seems likely his death will spark this uprising.

And I don't think they didn't kill Frost because they don't have the balls, but I'm sure she'll be making a reappearance in the comic and possibly the game.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Goro didn't die at all in MK9, so I'm thinking the "Goro Lives" they keep pushing will be in reference to this Kotal Kahn fight.

These two go at it and it appears Kotal has killed him. This in turn starts the Shokan uprising lead by Kintaro. But actually he survived the battle.

That's my theory at least.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Yeah, just like how Cassie killed Frost in Issue 5 because they had a death match and it said "two enter, only one will leave".
You're ignoring all the other points.
The fact that Goro is just DLC and not in the game suggests he plays no major role in the story.
Kintaro leads the Shokan uprising, not Goro.
We've seen that Kotal is brutal and will kill people "for sport".
There's no way Goro would spare Kotal, and there's very little chance that Kotal would spare Goro.

The Frost vs Cassie fight was completely different. We knew there would be no death and it would be interrupted, we just didn't know how.