What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Tasia is not even canon, how the fuck is she becoming more popular than Kia, Jataaka and Sareena and Tremor? Which in fact are canon, not fair.

Edit: i just misstook Tasia for one of those Conquest Quan Chi's bitches, never mind, carry on.
Why in your opinion wouldnt she be canon if Tremor is? From what I remember they both only appeared in Special Forces. MK9 on vita doesnt count...

trufenix

bye felicia
Why in your opinion wouldnt she be canon if Tremor is? From what I remember they both only appeared in Special Forces. MK9 on vita doesnt count...
He mispoke, he thought Tasia (SF) was Taja (Conquest).

Whats interesting is that this means SF has been erased by MK9 and the capture and dismantle of the Black Dragon is no more.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
He mispoke, he thought Tasia (SF) was Taja (Conquest).

Whats interesting is that this means SF has been erased by MK9 and the capture and dismantle of the Black Dragon is no more.
What do you mean?

MK:SF happened before MK1, MK9 didn't touch the lore before MK1. I did think Tasia and No Face (maybe even Tremor, I don't remember) died in SF though, so that could be a change that the comic is doing, but I don't remember MK:SF in great detail, so I could be wrong.

trufenix

bye felicia
What do you mean?

MK:SF happened before MK1, MK9 didn't touch the lore before MK1. I did think Tasia and No Face (maybe even Tremor, I don't remember) died in SF though, so that could be a change that the comic is doing, but I don't remember MK:SF in great detail, so I could be wrong.
The only part of SF that was still reconcilable with the canon is that Jax killed the last few members of Black Dragon (the game actually lists them as "Terminated") save Jarek, who got away. Everything else is now directly refuted by MK9/X. The fact that now Tasia is alive and well (despite Jax having very specific dialogue about killing her) and the Black Dragon are still operating as a team then literally no part of SF can be true;

a) Jax didn't have metal arms before MK1
b) Jax never made it home safely after going after Kano/BD after whatever the fuck happened to all their Special Forces buddies
c) Kano did not betray the Black Dragon in favor of some weird amulet
d) Kano was never the last known or suspected member of the Black Dragon.

trufenix

bye felicia
Jax had robo arms before mk2 hmm mksf takes place after mk3
It was always loosely accepted that the arms Jax had in MKSF were like prototypes or something (even though they look just like his mK3 arms), since MK2 he's got no arms and MK9 presents him off the rip with those kinda cybernetic arms. There's no way the game could take place after mk2, since MK3 says Kano has been in Outworld since 2.

Elder God

Power!
And Sonya HQ costume it's so sick, Cassie replaces Jhonny and Sonya is not a good idea, Ed say on twitter Sonya have a chance.

trufenix

bye felicia
its a shame the baraka game never materialized. Well, its a shame mksf turned into such a shit show, I'm sure Tobias had some good ideas for it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Elsa is one of the main characters of Frozen, it was a jab.

It's a reference, Frost was never given an actual name in lore, she's only ever gone by Frost.

Why would you even assume that was her actual name when Cassie had never met her before and the announcer announced her as Frost?
Yes, thanks I'm aware of that now lol.

Well, as I said earlier NRS didnt' reveal real names of certain people til MK9 a la Sub-Zero Bi-Han and Kuai Liang, and I don't really watch those kinds of movies.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
The only part of SF that was still reconcilable with the canon is that Jax killed the last few members of Black Dragon (the game actually lists them as "Terminated") save Jarek, who got away. Everything else is now directly refuted by MK9/X. The fact that now Tasia is alive and well (despite Jax having very specific dialogue about killing her) and the Black Dragon are still operating as a team then literally no part of SF can be true;

a) Jax didn't have metal arms before MK1
b) Jax never made it home safely after going after Kano/BD after whatever the fuck happened to all their Special Forces buddies
c) Kano did not betray the Black Dragon in favor of some weird amulet
d) Kano was never the last known or suspected member of the Black Dragon.
Just like MK9 retconed a few things, they seem to be doing the same thing in the comic / MKX lore. They actually do this every game as they NEVER take the previous game's story and just copy / paste it over. They ALWAYS change something. Tasia may have been marked as "terminated" in that game, and whose to say she wasn't actually killed, but officially she is alive now. That fact doesn't refute MK:SF's story at all, it just implies that something else may happened, or there is more story to tell there.

Tell me though, MK9 EXPLICITLY states and shows that many of Earthrealm's heroes died, but now they are just back in the comic. Logic would imply (just like the story actually does), that there are pieces to the puzzle here yet to be presented; why can't that be the same situation with SF and the comic? Why can't there be some story explanation rather than MK:SF being totally retconed?

Also...
  • a) In MK:SF Jax was wearing prototype bio implants similar to what he was wearing when he was first introduced MK9...though the art was different. That is what Jax was wearing in MK3 as well, implants that covered his arms. MK9 changed the lore to where his arms were replaced fully after that Ermac encounter.
  • b) I'm not sure what you are getting at here.
  • c) How do you know? Kano "betrayed" the BD when he fell in league with Kahn, why would that be any different? Besides that, what would "betraying" the BD entail anyway? The BD is more of a gang rather than a proper organization. As the leader of the BD, Kano can do whatever he wants.
  • d) What makes you say this? Your denial of MK:SF story? After the BD split from the Red Dragon, the RD made it their duty to hunt them down (this was decades ago in the story). Kano sort of rebuilt the BD, or at least was the leader that made the most noise in the modern era, and though we don't know if he was ever really a part of the RD proper, the RD treated him as a traitor. That being the case, pre MK1, just like MK:SF says, he could very well have been the "last" card carrying member not in custody or killed.
And besides that point in time, in MKDA it was actually stated that he was the last member alive (again maybe?), so yeah, he has been, and might have been multiple times, the last BD out there. Again, the BD isn't a proper organization, there usually isn't but a few of them at a time at any given moment...at least that is how it was. Things could be changing as we go forward though.​

Last edited:
1. Im confused. In MKDA, Jax killed Hsu Hao. How did he come back?

2. Am i correct in the conclusion that because things were changed via ending of MK9, it completely erases MKA from history?

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
1. Im confused. In MKDA, Jax killed Hsu Hao. How did he come back?

2. Am i correct in the conclusion that because things were changed via ending of MK9, it completely erases MKA from history?
The OG timeline was altered/erased so MKDA never happened.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I think Jax's daughter and Sonya will be killed protecting Cassi and out of guilt she will join the SF under Jax.
Also Kotal might not be all that evil seeing as tho he really didn't want to get into a fight and was asking for help.

GGA Max

Issues 4 and 5 have been slightly disappointing for me. Both of them have just been build up episodes. Next issue should be good though
Couldn't agree more. We have Kotal Kahn warring vs Mileena, a netherrealm war, and Kamidogu causing murders through a super evil demon. And we're following Cassie's teenage misadventures for 2 weeks straight? Come on!