What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Surprised nobody caught the MK Conquest nod with Jarek and TASIA. She was one of the main good guys in Conquest(formally bad though at first) I wonder if she'll be a new character but not playable? Who knows, or just canon fodder which means someone will kill her at some point.

Anyway, Erron Black looks cool but he's done nothing but stand around and get shocked lol.

If it turned out he was really someone else in disguise that would make it more interesting imo.

Also, another key spoiler. Frost's name(her real name) is Elsa? Anyone else catch that?

Jacqui Briggs lol sorry but that's such a ghetto name, couldn't just call her Jackie? lol

I'm also curious to see how Johnny Cage looks, probably has white hair or greyish at least with shades lol

This is really all fun and everything but outside of the scheming of Kotal Kahn and Cassie's story, I really want to see the whole Scorpion and Takeda seeking Raiden then Sub-Zero story, where they find an entire city frozen?!:eek: like what the hell did Sub-Zero do? lol
Elsa is one of the main characters of Frozen, it was a jab.

It's a reference, Frost was never given an actual name in lore, she's only ever gone by Frost.

Why would you even assume that was her actual name when Cassie had never met her before and the announcer announced her as Frost?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
But Boon mentioning Mileena in an interview where he was talking about matchups and said "Scorpion A might be bad for Sub Zero B who might be bad for Mileena C", which by the way he did for raiden before he got revealed, as well as the whole GameStop commercial thing wasn't enough confirmation? Appearing in the comics doesn't mean she'll be in the game, just ask Hsu Hao or Forrest Fox.
I was sure that I'd seen every Ed Boon interview. I do not recall him ever mentioning "Mileena C". Raiden, yes - but not Mileena. Link?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I was sure that I'd seen every Ed Boon interview. I do not recall him ever mentioning "Mileena C". Raiden, yes - but not Mileena. Link?
Shit I'm at uni right now but it was in one of the magazine interviews he did. In fact it was in one of my status updates a while back so either you can search for it yourself or tag me in something in about 4 hours time reminding me to look for it lol.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Shit I'm at uni right now but it was in one of the magazine interviews he did. In fact it was in one of my status updates a while back so either you can search for it yourself or tag me in something in about 4 hours time reminding me to look for it lol.
I'll look it up in your status, thanks. Missed it completely!

Yoaks

A spaceman
I'm not the biggest Mileena fan. But if they kill her off in the comic... I'm kinda gonna be disappointed.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
He is clearly talking about MK9 match-ups.
Of course he is, but he could have easily inserted the name of any revealed MKX character. He chose to include Mileena this time. Could be a hint, could be nothing. It's Ed. It is just a very similar reply that he gave in an earlier video interview where he did the same analogy with Raiden - before he was revealed. With her being referred to as the prime opponent for Kotal's emperorship in the comic, it is just one more little bit of potential evidence that she could be included in the roster. The word "speculation" is clearly in the title of this thread, for Christ's Sake.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
InB4 Tasia becomes as popular as Tremor now
Tasia is not even canon, how the fuck is she becoming more popular than Kia, Jataaka and Sareena and Tremor? Which in fact are canon, not fair.

Edit: i just misstook Tasia for one of those Conquest Quan Chi's bitches, never mind, carry on.

Last edited:

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
This chapter left me incredibly confused...

Seriously is he? I would be so pissed off! I mean, why else would he pop up on the phone after "Daddy Cage" calls 3x?

And why is Sonya pissed at Kotal Khan? The fuck was going on in this chapter?
Why are you confused?

Erron Black was introduced in #4 (did you read #4?).

The reason "Daddy Cage" was in her phone was because she was contacting her dad. She took that/those pics then presumably sent them to her dad moments before she was TAKEN (sorry. I had a Liam Neesen moment.).

"Why is Sonya pissed at Kotal?" ?? Again, did you read #4?

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Why are you confused?

Erron Black was introduced in #4 (did you read #4?).

The reason "Daddy Cage" was in her phone was because she was contacting her dad. She took that/those pics then presumably sent them to her dad moments before she was TAKEN (sorry. I had a Liam Neesen moment.).

"Why is Sonya pissed at Kotal?" ?? Again, did you read #4?
I know what Erron Black is but we've only seen him in the shadows. It's not like he was given anything to do as an actual character. He's one step above Sonya's "team" members at this point.

Another member (far better than you in terms of explaining things) clarified it for me that she was taking a picture of what she saw in the portal.

Yeah, and nothing happened in #4 other than Kotal wanting help against Mileena, her being an ass and D'Vorrah attempting to fuck that rude ass up. She was salty towards him to begin with, I want to know why.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Issues 4 and 5 have been slightly disappointing for me. Both of them have just been build up episodes. Next issue should be good though

haketh

Noob
I know what Erron Black is but we've only seen him in the shadows. It's not like he was given anything to do as an actual character. He's one step above Sonya's "team" members at this point.

Another member (far better than you in terms of explaining things) clarified it for me that she was taking a picture of what she saw in the portal.

Yeah, and nothing happened in #4 other than Kotal wanting help against Mileena, her being an ass and D'Vorrah attempting to fuck that rude ass up. She was salty towards him to begin with, I want to know why.
It's the problem with being thrown into all of this post war with no information to go on, it's really bad & makes things unclear.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So many characters in the comics like Jarek, Tassi and Jacqui, but i think they will not be playable in the game.
I'm quite sure Jaqui and Takedo are going to have protagonist plot armor, and will make it out fine.

Whether or not either will be in the game is unknown at this point but the chances are pretty muh-fuggin high.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82

Sorry if I'm being snarky, but I'm more confused about you being confused, than confused about the story.

Yeah Erron Black is nothing more than a name and picture at the moment, a background henchman...but that is neither here nor there. He is the character that has presumably taken Cassie and Jaqcui, and he works for Kotal Kahn. Kotal and Sonya have beef, so Black presumably taking her daughter would rightfully piss Sonya off with the current knowledge that we know she has.

"...I want to know why."

You want to know why what? Why Kotal wanted help? Why D'Vorrah wanted to fuck Sonya up? Why Sonya was Snarky with Kotal? Most of that was implied.

Kotal wanted help because Mileena and her forces are winning the war for Outworld's throne. Kotal at least seems to be semi-reasonable, vs. how we know Mileena was, and apparently he and Raiden met some agreement in the past where he thought he may be able to gain aid if needed. He was wrong; he feels lied to; Kotal Kahn is presumably pissed (more pissed?) at Raiden, and/now Sonya, and wants to force his own hand.

D'Vorrah wanted to fuck Sonya up because Sonya was being a bitch, and D'Vorrah seems to be sort of a zealot for Kotal. They don't seem to have any past history (Sonya implies she just met her), so they just seemingly don't like each other off jump.

Sonya was snarky with Kotal because she doesn't trust him or his people. She doesn't like him...well really, she doesn't seem to like anyone. The comic is really making her out to be a badass who can back her shit up, and that is pretty much it. Sonya is older now, like 40 something I think, and she's seen some shit. She's hardened.

If you want more detailed explanations about the character's motivations towards each other, that is something that can only come from continuing to read the comic.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
It's a shame that they went through the trouble of introducing Fujin to the plot then I guess just leaving him behind at the sky temple. He could've just not been there.