What's new

MKT stream EVERY Friday 8:00 - 11:00 PM EST - Come join in on the fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
AFAI Remember of the top of my head:

No Universal Infs D.Hk (not even LP inf in the corner IE: Smoke Spear, carry to the corner lplplplplplp) [Rep. Dom, Venezuela and Brazil rule]

Some idividual Chars are OK to inf (Lao [not ture inf just c2c], Rept) [Rep. Dom, Venezuela and Brazil rule]

Noob Saibot banned (Rep. Dom, Venezuela and Brazil rule)

Rain allowed but NO inf allowed (Dominican Republic Rule: 2 RH reps)

Sheeva has a max of 5 c,hk in the corner after a pop up or throw (Dominican Republic ONLY, not here just go full inf SHE NEEDS IT lol)

Ermac has a max of 80% damage corner combos (Dominican Republic ONLY, not here or anywhere else AFAIK)

No agressor

No kombat kodes that alter the gameplay

No relaunchers [Rep. Dom, Venezuela and Brazil rule]

No NW corner HK inf [Rep. Dom, Venezuela and Brazil rule]

Try to skip The armory stage

3 vs 3 with no repeated chars (R Smoke and H Smoke allowed to morph even if that counting 2 h Smoke in a team)
Ugh... I hate rules for fighting games. The ONLY one that I would consider is banning Noob because in the N64 version, my 2 year old can do the infinite and that Ghost Ball is too good.

And I also turn off Aggressor Mode... no gameplay KK are a given for any tournament or serious casual games.

Noob
So I hope that everyone enjoyed last night's MKT Stream and hopefully noticed a change in gameplay. First, it was awesome to finally REALLY be able to play since I have a stick now. I dropped some combos, but the stick isn't fully broken in yet and I didn't drop NEARLY as many as when I played on pad the first time we streamed MKT.

R.E.O. and myself did quite a bit of testing on N64 MKT, and comparison to UMK3 yesterday. REO also did comparisons to the PSX MKT. No promises yet, but we are looking to make a tutorial/introductory video on the differences between UMK3, PSX MKT and N64 MKT and why we choose to play the N64 version.

MKK hanzo

So many rules, my god. The ones I'd agree with are Noob being banned and No aggressor mode, then again I'm no MKT expert. :p
Juggs my brother. They are there for something. You can pick what you want, but remember that UMK3 tourney with all rules "on" that Marvinrasta won (brutally) and almost made 90% of the UMK3 community quit? All the drama it got? ;) Most ppl with the SF mentality (dont ban anything, not even a 1 button inf etc) dont seem to know ( or DONT WANT to accept) that MK games (specially older ones) are far, FAR less polished than any Capcom game, making them not tourney worthy.

Dont get me wrong, while I love MK over many games, Im clear that most of those games dont stood the test of time.

MKT is worse. Far worse, but those self imposed rules improve the gameplay. Believe me. Just look at the Dominican players, look at their level, they do far more advanced stuff than anyone here will ever do in 5 yers of non stop playing. Then imagine them doing stupid and braindead stuff like Lp corner infs.

Before anyone says that "if its there why not use it" then do them, but the game life will be pretty short. Play it for fun, but if you play it seriously and sometime want to travel to play on international tourneys that have rules, that will impact everyione´s gameplay.

EDIT: What is Doge doing here? :DOGE

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
MKT is worse. Far worse, but those self imposed rules improve the gameplay. Believe me. Just look at the Dominican players, look at their level, they do far more advanced stuff than anyone here will ever do in 5 yers of non stop playing. Then imagine them doing stupid and braindead stuff like Lp corner infs.
I agree their level is crazy, but "far more advanced stuff than anyone here will ever do in 5 years of non stop playing"? Whether that was said in jest or not, that is severely uplaying their skill (not to mention severely downplaying ours). While that may be true for most players here, I bet our top UMK3 players would only need 6 months of training to give the Dominicans a run for their money.

Lok0xXxSn1per5

I'll Freeze Those Salty Tears!
MK2 was my first mk game but MKT was my favorite, I spent countless hours playing this on ps2 even tho it was a ps1 game. Too bad MK9 was fun but didnt feel any close to this!

MKK hanzo

I agree their level is crazy, but "far more advanced stuff than anyone here will ever do in 5 years of non stop playing"? Whether that was said in jest or not, that is severely uplaying their skill (not to mention severely downplaying ours). While that may be true for most players here, I bet our top UMK3 players would only need 6 months of training to give the Dominicans a run for their money.
My friend im not brashing anyone. Its YEARS of them solely playing MKT. Not even watching vids ppl could catch up UNLESS you went living there or something.

Its like the Daigo vs Infiltration stuff. Infil can take some tourney wins and so. But who is the better player? No one and I mean it, no one save for Onuhki and maybe Tokido can catch him up on all he has accomplished.

Back on topic. Look at what ppl considered "great and best ever" at umk3 and suddenly Marvin destroyed all that.

Even having a bigger community, a bigger online scene. No one was prepared to play the game at its highest level.

I play and have played MKT all my life constantly and again very good players but I can NOT even compare the scene or level here to RD ones.

We could take a couple of wins and maybe tourney wins but they are better. Way better.

Either way I would love to compete aginst them even knowing that.

Again dont take it as an offense but is as how I see things. And unless someone from either country fly to another to compete we could never make that comparison.

As for now and being realistic: 6 months? No bro. Not even 300 ppl playing all day offline.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
My friend im not brashing anyone. Its YEARS of them solely playing MKT. Not even watching vids ppl could catch up UNLESS you went living there or something.

Its like the Daigo vs Infiltration stuff. Infil can take some tourney wins and so. But who is the better player? No one and I mean it, no one save for Onuhki and maybe Tokido can catch him up on all he has accomplished.
They can't take away from his accomplishments, of course. But one thing Daigo has proven is that even the best in the world can be defeated.

Back on topic. Look at what ppl considered "great and best ever" at umk3 and suddenly Marvin destroyed all that.

Even having a bigger community, a bigger online scene. No one was prepared to play the game at its highest level.
Even though that was one of the best UMK3 tournaments in the USA competition wise, after that tournaments, a lot of us leveled up. We may not be in the best shape now, but we could have beaten Marv after we leveled up. Hell, I almost beat him when I was very lackluster at beating the jabs.

As for now and being realistic: 6 months? No bro. Not even 300 ppl playing all day offline.
6 months of non stop playing. Meaning, 6 months of playing the game, this could be over 1 year or more. And to be clear, I'm not saying we would be able to beat them, just be able to compete. And this is only for a handful of US players too.

Noob
Good Shit phil, i jus recharged my internet, so i definitely will go live today ^^
Awesome. Really looking forward to tonight. Been fiending to play since R.E.O. and I made the video the other night. Also, it's going to be really great to play someone else, since Scoot Magee will be there as well.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Awesome. Really looking forward to tonight. Been fiending to play since R.E.O. and I made the video the other night. Also, it's going to be really great to play someone else, since Scoot Magee will be there as well.
se you guys on the stream today then ^^

Justice

Noob
I still say the invention of the Run button is the biggest embarrassment to the fgc since Shaq Fu, but looking forward to tuning in to see some epic classic gaming :D

Um, not that I am ranting here, but watching last week's stream with Bill ranting on and on about how the game sucks...
can we get a commentator that either likes the game, or doesn't have too strong an opinion, but at least isn't ranting about how the game sucks?
"that's not in the arcade!"
"nice fatal"
"the animation is so bad in this game"

seriously...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I still say the invention of the Run button is the biggest embarrassment to the fgc since Shaq Fu, but looking forward to tuning in to see some epic classic gaming :D
Without the run button, UMK3 and MKT would be terrible. The run button was a god send, but I'll agree it was ass in the 3D games.

Justice

Noob
Without the run button, UMK3 and MKT would be terrible. The run button was a god send, but I'll agree it was ass in the 3D games.
I don't think the games would be terrible, but they would be MK2 with a larger cast which some would argue that would be terrible :p

Me, I just don't like "speed up mechanics". Like I refused to play SF2T because the Turbo was just too much. It was a gimmick for sales to me and nothing more. I know tons of people like them and more power to them. I just wasn't one of them.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't think the games would be terrible, but they would be MK2 with a larger cast which some would argue that would be terrible :p
It would be like SF4 without dash. It would be incredibly boring and would have less depth.

Me, I just don't like "speed up mechanics". Like I refused to play SF2T because the Turbo was just too much. It was a gimmick for sales to me and nothing more. I know tons of people like them and more power to them. I just wasn't one of them.
The run button wasn't a gimmick though, it was a mechanic put in place to improve gameplay. And it alone not only increased the pace, but drastically improved the gameplay. And yes, MK2 with a larger cast = snooze fest, at least for me.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Looking forward to this! Been sick the past week. Also, my wisdom tooth is coming in crooked into an already messed up tooth, so in hella pain on top of being sick. So will be sitting in my PJ's enjoying the stream tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.