What's new

MKT stream EVERY Friday 8:00 - 11:00 PM EST - Come join in on the fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

REO

Undead
Hey, so Long Island NY has been submitting to the MK itch during the past month and we're getting into MKT competitively which should keep our MK blood satisfied until MK10.

Why MKT?
We're getting into MKT because it's probably the only MK game that has seen the least amount of competitive play (if any) in North America out of the entire history of the MK franchise games. MKT (N64 version) is completely DIFFERENT from UMK3 and an entirely new monster of it's own. MKT is a lot faster, more technical [it's considered the most technical MK game actually], and deeper, (and everyone's favorite - more broken! :D ) than UMK3. So please join us in the fun as we try to learn this game and progressively get better at it as the months pass by!

What version of MKT will be played?
N64

Who will be there?
Insuperable
REO
Dark Rob

Stream Link:
www.twitch.tv/995phil

What time?
8:00 PM EST start (could be as early as 7:30 PM so make sure to come in the chat and hang out before then!)
11:00 PM EST end

Earlier this month, we streamed and tried to play MKT competitively for the first time. At the end of the day, we asked viewers in the stream what they thought of the game. Some players had these comments to say about the game:

"very fun to watch"
"entertaining"
"funny"
"3v3 is hype"
"i want to see more"

We weren't expecting people to say such positive things about the game. So we figured, hey why not try to make this a regular thing for you guys? We love playing the game, and you guys love to watch. Perfect combination!

Also please bear in mind we are not good at this game, yet! The first few months may be slow or an incorrect (nooby) representation of the game. But bear with us. We will get better, and fights will become increasingly intense!

Tune in!

Last edited:

REO

Undead
Glad to see this is getting support! Thanks, guys.

reo playing rain or noob ggs
I main Sub-Zero in MKT. :) He is the character I'm choosing to learn the game with.

Basically how the game works is it's best revolved around 3v3 with no character repeats - it helps better balance the game giving players a pseudo "three lives" to dilute the infinites and broken corner mishaps, it also tames the very fast paced face offs. So technically you need a team of three "mains" to get the best out of the game and fully enjoy it.

You guys will probably see a lot of 2v2s for the beginning while we get used to the game and feel out characters looking for who fits us best. 2v2 best accommodates this.

I don't have a secondary, yet. But I play a lot of Kung Lao, Sheeva, Johnny Cage, Ermac, Kano, Jade, and Raiden as my other filler characters.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
Glad to see this is getting support! Thanks, guys.

I main Sub-Zero in MKT. :) He is the character I'm choosing to learn the game with.

Basically how the game works is it's best revolved around 3v3 with no character repeats - it helps better balance the game giving players a pseudo "three lives" to dilute the infinites and broken corner mishaps, it also tames the very fast paced face offs. So technically you need a team of three "mains" to get the best out of the game and fully enjoy it.

You guys will probably see a lot of 2v2s for the beginning while we get used to the game and feel out characters looking for who fits us best. 2v2 best accommodates this.

I don't have a secondary, yet. But I play a lot of Kung Lao, Sheeva, Johnny Cage, Ermac, Kano, Jade, and Raiden as my other filler characters.
nice i played reptile noob and sub when i played mk t alot you actualy playing on a 64 or a emulator?

Noob
Right now my 2 mains are H.Smoke and Sonya, just like in UMK3, but I think I'm going to add R.Smoke, Scorpion and Ermac to the list for tomorrow. I would like to add Reptile to the list as well as Subzero, but over time. Like R.E.O. said, as we get better.

Last time we did this, we played on N64, but I'm going to be testing an emulator tonight/tomorrow so that I hopefully won't have to play on a pad anymore. Last time I was dropping so many combos simply due to the pad. If the emulator won't hold up under intense play, I've already made plans to have one of my empty MK boxes turned into a custom PS2/N64 dual modded stick so I can play on stick on the actual N64.

Last edited:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Shiiiieeet MKT was my favorite MK, I still got that for the PS1. Too bad my game is too scratched and I have to buy a new one on ebay, I know I can get it from PSN but I dont like to get digital games. I like it to be on physical disc.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I played the shit out of MKT, will definitely watch this. What time would this be for the UK?

REO

Undead
Wow, I wasn't expecting this thread to get front paged since it's for a game that has been practically non existent. Glad to see there is so much MK love and interest still. :')

Srryimwhte, we played on N64 last time. We will be trying an emulator this time, but if it doesn't run as smooth we will switch over back to N64.

Dark_Rob, I just thought you would show up since you live five minutes away and was there last time. :p

I played the shit out of MKT, will definitely watch this. What time would this be for the UK?
8:00 - 11:00 PM EST. I think you guys are six hours ahead from our time, give or take an hour.

(@AK GamerBlake, could you kindly add EST to the thread title after 11:00 PM? Thanks!)

Noob
Looking forward to this tonight. I tested the emulator and before we go live with it, I will test it further with R.E.O. and make sure it will hold up under the duress of fast play.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
N64 MKT takes the easy infinites of PSX MKT and makes them braindead easy lol

Can't wait for the stream.

REO is always fun. I'll try and check it out if I get a chance. You guys are going to need to do repairs on the N64 analog stick afterwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.