What's new

MK9 Top 5 Hypest Tournament Matches of All Time

REO

Undead
These are my personal top 5 greatest matches to ever happen.

1.) "Oh no he didn't!!" (just for lack of better title.. otherwise no comment lol)

2.) The greatest Military face-off ever

3.) The emergence of an unknown warrior

4.) The wild wild west is real

5.) The ultimate Scorpion vs Sub-Zero showdown

Agree? Disagree? Post your top five greatest tournament matches of all time.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
thats a pretty good top 5
the cd jr vs tyrant match should be in there though and maxters pl blow up just cuz its pl getting blown up

I can't think of five off the top of my head, but there's this one. I've made it start at 14:48 (It's, like, a 37 minute long video) 'cause there was Losers Finals first between Blackula and SwiftTomHanks.

I was rooting and getting hyped for Blackula the first time I watched it. He resets the bracket, cuts through all Kabal's shit and goes to the last game of the second set. And this guy had the nerve to Babality him constantly (for me a big no-no unless it's between friends). This match was what solidified my hatred for Kabal lol.

I can't think of five off the top of my head, but there's this one. I've made it start at 14:48 (It's, like, a 37 minute long video) 'cause there was Losers Finals first between Blackula and SwiftTomHanks.

I was rooting and getting hyped for Blackula the first time I watched it. He resets the bracket, cuts through all Kabal's shit and goes to the last game of the second set. And this guy had the nerve to Babality him constantly (for me a big no-no unless it's between friends). This match was what solidified my hatred for Kabal lol.
Well shit, looks like it starts from the beginning anyway hahaha

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
@R.E.O. dude i need to find that Brady vs Forever King at Powerup (or maybe it wasnt powerup I think it was that tourney that the Sektor player one and I just forgot his name :( ) vid with @GGA 16 Bit commentating... That was a Top 5 match...

Who can find that here? please help a red-nigga out

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
@R.E.O. dude i need to find that Brady vs Forever King at Powerup (or maybe it wasnt powerup I think it was that tourney that the Sektor player one and I just forgot his name :( ) vid with @GGA 16 Bit commentating... That was a Top 5 match...

Who can find that here? please help a red-nigga out

Yeah I think that was power up, IKizzle won iirc. I remember hearing that was a great set.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
These may not be top 5, but they were pretty hype imo:
REO vs xSmokex Toryuken 2012.
Soup's Quan Chi bopped Canadian's asses Toryuken 2012.
CDJr vs Tyrant Jax mirror matches.
Pig vs CDJr EVO 2012 LF.
CDJr vs MIT EVO 2012 top 8.

and don't tell me that EVO 2013 GF was top 5 lol, REO's Kabal wasn't as good as his 2012 Kabal imo, but DJT was godlike tho.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Bradys destruction of djt in the sub mirror. Ft5 so hype. One of my fav.
Khtx scar runnin through tyrant jax mirror ft5. Any match where sindel beat kabal or lao lol.

Justice

Noob
These are my personal top 5 greatest matches to ever happen.
2.) The greatest Military face-off ever

Agree? Disagree? Post your top five greatest tournament matches of all time.
@AK/RM GamerBlake outed as a legit Sonya. #holddatshit ;)

I don't have any links since I'm not at home, but I'd have to say that REO vs xSmokex at Toryuken as hype as fuck. Also in pools at the same tournament, NeoRussell (Jade) vs Insuperable (Quan Chi) was a total nail-biter that went down to pixels of health. It's already posted here, buried in the Jade forums, but I'll post links later.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Man big d vs pig at final round. Big ds performance in general at final round. Sonic fawxs coming out at winter brawl i think it was bodying brady repeatedly and brady acting like he wasnt tryin or usin his main.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
@AK/RM GamerBlake outed as a legit Sonya. #holddatshit ;)

I don't have any links since I'm not at home, but I'd have to say that REO vs xSmokex at Toryuken as hype as fuck. Also in pools at the same tournament, NeoRussell (Jade) vs Insuperable (Quan Chi) was a total nail-biter that went down to pixels of health. It's already posted here, buried in the Jade forums, but I'll post links later.
Another sick Match i dont know if people remember was blake vs showtime for southern sonya supremacy at insomnia. and at txbar fights.