What's new

MK9 Top 5 Hypest Tournament Matches of All Time

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
WHY DOES NO ONE EVER BUT THE GRAND FINALS OF THE FIRST MLG ARENA IN THESE LISTS? DID I DREAM THAT SHIT THIS WHOLE TIME IS THAT WHY NO ONE MENTIONS IT?

Detroit Ermac vs. CD Jr. Jax run down all the way to the last pixel of the last round? Are you kidding me?

@AK Pig Of The Hut help me out here

i remember that for sure.. its definitely one of the best...

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Mine:
Tyrant vs. Woundcowboy at SCR
Pig vs. 16 Bit at FF
Dizzy vs. PL at SBA
MIT vs. Detroit at EVO
xSmokex vs. REO

Also almost all of Maxter's matches are honorable mentions because he was consistently amazing to watch.

Great minds think alike, lol

agreed on Maxter... I think that match when Maxter beat Brady (when he was in that Tom BRaiden phase for a while) was at least the funniest match ever for me.. that bomb blowup

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
One not mentioned that I loved was pig vs detroit at SCR 2013. That was really like "welcome to 2013, here's the bar for the level of play". Was a great statement for the game.

And @CURBOLICOUS my set against REO at Dallas was better :p. I personally hated the counter pick meta of early 2012

If I had to pick one it would be tyrant vs Blake though.

Last edited:

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Didn't read lol, on phone.

Than my favorir would be Anyrhing with REO lol or Valle vs Ballin.

Or MIT Scorpion blow ups at EVO.

i read it and still mentioned that one... that was bananas.. .to be honest the hypest night of matches in mk9 hisotry for me came on that night which the sub zero mirror too... .

coolwhip

Noob
That's a damn fine list. Brady vs. Forever King should be on there though, easily. I'd also replace Wound/Pig with Wound/Denzell and maybe add Pig/Denzell from Dallas.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Oh yeah. Slips VS Dizzy in top 4 (UFGT I think?) where Slips could've had it but got meter glitched at least once. Amazing play by both players there... it was Dizzy leveling up hard at the time and Slips playing possibly the best Scorpion the game had ever seen. Epic set.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
One not mentioned that I loved was pig vs detroit at SCR 2013. That was really like "welcome to 2013, here's the bar for the level of play". Was a great statement for the game.

And @CURBOLICOUS my set against REO at Dallas was better :p. I personally hated the counter pick meta of early 2012

If I had to pick one it would be tyrant vs Blake though.
SCR 2013 has almost too many matches to list -- the whole tourney was bananas.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
My personal top 3 for myself:
One of the only other people who could play the entire cast with excellence. Awesome match to me just because King and I are good friends and we always hoped on versing each other
Match that got me known
Favorite of all time

I have top 5 of all time, but those are my personal favorites ;_;

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
xSMoKEx vs REO (both matches were super hype imo even though one smoke lost 2-0)

DJT vs REO (djt played out of his mind and showed what cyrax is truely capable of at the highest lvl of patience and play)

Wafflez vs Gross / Scar were pretty sick matches too imo

Tyrant vs Cdjr mirror match (that shit was pretty hype lmao if your not just counting tournaments)

5th spot iono cuz there are tons of good ones id like to mention but that scorpion vs kenshi at evo was super hype cuz it was so back and foward (i think it was like seven vs blind ducky or something)