What's new

MK9 to MK10 mechanics improvements(suggestion)

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
AHEMM!! SHAAADOW Preist

Indeed i'm curious to see if NRS can give us a Shadow Preist character this time, around, in MK Shaoling Monks they were annoying as fuck
In the old timeline, Shang was mentioned as being the leader of the shadow priests... so we have him for that role. ;)

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
So in the opinion of a person who really missed the MK boat... Picked up komplete edition well after it's prime. I really do enjoy the game a lot. However from a design perspective...

Make the animation "better" I use quotes because I struggle to really put this into words. But air moves and grounded moves especially seemed wonky. Maybe this is how MK always is and was. But Injustice seemed to pull it off really well. So smooth out animation of moves. I like how characters are hit in Injustice, in MK its like a weird doll effect when performing combos.

Normalize characters I guess. I don't know how the 40% combos work but usually they cost 1 bar right? If so I guess keep it that way since combo breaker exists in the game. They're really cool and fun to do. Meterless damage should stay low to medium though.

Make the ninjas better. This is really really more personal opinion than game stuff. I don't want them top tier or whatever, I don't even mind them "B" tier. But viable at least the icons of the franchise. I just don't really agree with complete garbage characters or ones that cannot even touch the inevitable top tier characters that will exist. Variety is the spice of life. Aim for Injustice level of variety or even King of Fighters XIII level of variety, where a good portion of the casts are viable or used to a wide extent. Having single character dominance dilutes tournament performance example MK9 in certain situations, Tekken 6, Tekken Tag 2 (to a certain degree? not sure on this one), 3rd strike, CvS2 to some extent, Persona, BlazBlue. This is getting more into a personal tirade so I'll stop.

Gameplay wise. Cut the bullshit about locking characters behind requirements. Even it is just Cyber Sub Zero, putting locks on what I assume even a mediocre characters either A) Locks the cast list even more so, less people likely give it a chance opting for the easier access characters diluting the "metagame or whatever" hurting the variety. or B) Puts more work onto TOs in the short term which hurts momentum for the game starting out. This is really short term but I still think the less restrictions like this the better to get the game on a stage or stream to advertise. Go ahead lock costumes and stuff to make people work for it and extend the gameplay life for some people. But not whole characters.

Please allow for more variety in the customization of buttons. I come from a background of capcom games so maybe I am biased. But stance is worth nothing so why keep putting it in game? Allow me to have empty buttons on my fight stick or pad. The convenience helps streamline the experience and reduce the chance of accidental button presses screwing key moment in game. There is no need to have a full button set log, but at least have the option to set my layout how I feel.

I would say not to go 3d fighting. They have a niche yes but I just don't see 3d games with long life spans competitively. If you feel that creative urge to do so, make a spin off or something. Something low cost as games are too expensive to develop for these days and I'm not sure Warner Bros is keen on gambling with money... 3d games seem to trend towards free to play or single player focused which kills the fighting game scene.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I was thinking more along the lines of Johnny Cage having "Turbo Lover" play as he enters the fighting arena.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
Ok my suggestions:

1. Different fighters models (like IGAU). Big characters, small characters, slow jumpes, fast jumpes etc.
2. Only 50/50 rests
3. Meter managment like in IGAU (except X-ray).
4. better practice mode (like in Tekken 6)
5. online tournament creator
6. every character should have 3 or 4 overhead moves
5. better character balance. In mk that was a joke.
6. No more random advantages !!!!!!
7. No more braindead moves (like Sonya where every move was canceled into military stance)
8. No more bullshit moves with hudge block advantage.
9. Zoning should be nerfed (no more Kabal's IAGB)
10. better net code. In XXI gaming online is a basic and most fundamental thing.
11. No more glitches like ghost hitbox or back hitbox.
12. meter should decrease when one player try to avoid a fight or turtle all the time (like in Guilty Gear). Play offensive, c'mon it's a fighting game !!!
13. chat during the KOTH

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This thread lives on, hope you guys and NRS check it: well the current last update is:

:: Input Recognition Delay Glitch::
The release check ended up being a huge problem in the game where instant air moves where discovered, characters that required precise timming in execution couldn't do a 90% sucessfull execution rate with their instant air moves, because when you input, up, or down, the game takes a while to recognize and execute such inputs.

As result we ended up having a consistence problem, performing instant teleport with Scorpion to fake out a tele on the 1st frame, performing Skarlet "ia"Daggers and any other move with the same level of dificulty held some characters true potential back.

I've tested this with a D-Pad and with a Stick, i only came to notice when i used my Hori Stick, i noticed imediatly that i had to hold up for the character to jump instead of simply jump it, now to perform this, i have to see the character moving from the ground and fairly quick input the move to be performed on the earliest frames, as result it doesn't become accurate.

Definitely something to look out for in MK10, this should be one of the 1st things to go.