What's new

MK9 to MK10 mechanics improvements(suggestion)

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
  • No meterless safe 50/50 launching bullshit. That being said, it is okay if ONE of the two options is safe, or if both are safe but one does not launch (Ex: Kang B3 / F3), OR if you need to commit to spending meter to make the 50/50 safe (Ex: Freddy B2/B3~Ex Ground Spike).
  • All bugs fixed of course.
  • Divekicks need to have down+forward inputs like they do in Street Fighter, Sonya should not be flipping around 180 degrees and kicking you in the face for no reason if she didn't properly make that read just because the input is down and the game auto corrects the direction.
  • No characters should have - on hit pokes.... That being said, there can be slight differences to allow for gameplay differences.
  • No safe launching armor / stupidly advantageous armor (Kabal flash parry, Kenshi Ex Shoulder, Sonya Ex Kartwheel).

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Meter Burn system, love it.
Stage transitions and (not Injustice's) interactables, and they must be deep, i don't want shits like UMK3 stage transitions and MK4 interactables which didn't really affect the games. I want to learn stages too, not just characters.
Universal armor.
No stupid 50/50 bullshit, can't take it anymore.
Reasonable frame data.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Assuming Mk10 is going to be based the 3d games, but 2d style. I would like to seem them add the interactable and weapons that mk4 had, but instead of a switch stance button, they add in an evade button to avoid them. basically a side step input, similar to the mist step input in SFxT.
Other than that, I agree with Eddy's list. I would also ask that NRS keeps the game alive. Both mk9 and injustice could have some much more room for add ons and dlc, but instead they wrapped them up prematurely.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Meter Burn system, love it.
I actually hate this MB system. There are so many moves (Shazam's torpedo move for example) where you can mash the MB button and the move will only MB if it connects. If the move is blocked, you don't lose the meter. I think that's dumb. I don't like how you can delay the MB on some moves either. I liked MK's system where you had to commit that bar of meter to your EX move. It forced you to be smart with your bar. Factor in that meter gain in Injustice is stupid fast and there's really no reason to be "smart" with your meter (outside of clash, can only happen on lifebar #2). Just MB anything and everything. Fuck it

Stage transitions and (not Injustice's) interactables, and they must be deep, i don't want shits like UMK3 stage transitions and MK4 interactables which didn't really affect the games. I want to learn stages too, not just characters.
I remember when IGAU was first announced and people were suggesting a whole bunch of stuff from MK they wanted to see in the game. NRS said "no, this is going to be it's own franchise" and the game is nothing like MK, and all things considered, I think it turned out pretty well. I think the same thing applies here. Keep IGAU and MK separate. No over-the-top transistions (I'm indifferent as to whether or not they bring back the uppercut transitions honestly) and no interactables. I hate how stages play a role in matches.

Just my opinions though :p I agree with your other three points.

Although I have seen probably a billion threads on mk10 suggestions I'll give my own 2 cents:

-Add counterhits. It would add a lot more depth.
-Give each string or move a risk/reward to prevent useless strings. There are various ways to do this:
  • Recovery frames: more frames to make it highly whiff punishable/ less to make it safe if it whiffs
  • Block advantage: negative on block so it can be punished/ neutral or positive to make it safe
  • Gaps in the string: Giving a gap in a string and making the gap or interrruptable or strictly interruptable/ no gap at all
  • Start-up: Making a move have a lot of start up frames/ making the move have quick start-up
  • Range: Making a move have very short range/ making the move have long reach for better footsies
  • Hit advantage: Making a move have neutral hit advantage or slightly negative but still safe/ making a move have positive hit advantage
  • Counterhit:
Example: A poke has long range and is +3 on block and +7 on hit, but has high recovery frames so it can easily be whiff punished
Example: A character has a 223 and a 221 string. The 22*1 string has a 7 frame gap, but it's plus on block. However the 223 string has no gap but is slightly negative on block.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure most get the concept. I just hate useless strings. At least give them something that it's useful for.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
I actually hate this MB system. There are so many moves (Shazam's torpedo move for example) where you can mash the MB button and the move will only MB if it connects. If the move is blocked, you don't lose the meter. I think that's dumb. I don't like how you can delay the MB on some moves either. I liked MK's system where you had to commit that bar of meter to your EX move. It forced you to be smart with your bar. Factor in that meter gain in Injustice is stupid fast and there's really no reason to be "smart" with your meter (outside of clash, can only happen on lifebar #2). Just MB anything and everything. Fuck it

I remember when IGAU was first announced and people were suggesting a whole bunch of stuff from MK they wanted to see in the game. NRS said "no, this is going to be it's own franchise" and the game is nothing like MK, and all things considered, I think it turned out pretty well. I think the same thing applies here. Keep IGAU and MK separate. No over-the-top transistions (I'm indifferent as to whether or not they bring back the uppercut transitions honestly) and no interactables. I hate how stages play a role in matches.

Just my opinions though :p I agree with your other three points.
I don't care about mk9 ex system anymore lol, if mk10 has ex system and makes moves' startup frames really diffenrent, then i'l be fine, if it doesn't change becomes someshit like "20 invincible frames on wakeup" bs like mk9, so fuck it.
The point of losing meter in mb system is like mk9's, to extend the damage/combos, so if you mash the mb button for the moves like shazam's torpedo or aquaman's from the deep, on block the mb parts don't come out, then it's fine and reasonable cuz you spend meter for those moves to extend the combos, if you want more damage, there're other mb moves for you to extend the damage.
sometime i don't like delayed mb moves too, cuz i eat a lot lol, but it's just some kinda trick, so it's fine. it can also prevent you from wasting 1 bar for some random shit. And if you just "mb anything and everything", i don't know how the hell you can play injustice lol. If you don't need to be smart with your meter, then what's the point of clash, so clash is just a stupid thing? lol
But i have to admit meter in mk9 is more important than in injustice.

About stages, like i said, i just want to learn more, not only from characters, but also from stages, it makes the game deeper, and i want to play a deep game, that's all.
btw those transitions, interactables, weapons/stands changing are from mk, i'm a mk fanboy so i want them to be in mk lol. They can do what the hell they want with injustice 2 but give me back those things. :p

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
No I liked things how they were. I just want it more polished.

Rebalancing
Unintentional glitches removal
Additional content for the casual crowd

Those 3 things IMO are the only things MK10 needs.

For the casual pleaser content:
More costumes
More finishers
MK: Deception story mode
More X-Rays
More characters
More gimmicky mini-game shenanigans like the Challenge Tower (maybe make it co-op) , Chess Kombat , the Mario Kart thing , Puzzle Kombat , etc.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
No I liked things how they were. I just want it more polished.

Rebalancing
Unintentional glitches removal
Additional content for the casual crowd

Those 3 things IMO are the only things MK10 needs.

For the casual pleaser content:
More costumes
More finishers
MK: Deception story mode
More X-Rays
More characters
More gimmicky mini-game shenanigans like the Challenge Tower (maybe make it co-op) , Chess Kombat , the Mario Kart thing , Puzzle Kombat , etc.
Motor Kombat and Chess Kombat were the tits. lol so much fun

Error

DF2+R2
I wouldn't mind if there was a mix of EX moves you have to commit to due to start up/armor differences and others that you can delay/hit-confirm.

Glass Sword

Nobody
One of the problems in MK9 was standing 4s are a universal normal (except Rain), but outside specific characters they were largely useless.
What they could do for the next game is make the standing 4 more powerful.
Types of kicks could be
1. Get off me kick - Like Stryker's he has one of the only standing 4s that are useful
2.Magic 4 - A stolen Tekken term, but in this case it would launch them in the corner where it could be followed up. I am thinking like Sub-Zero's standing 4 where it would send them flying backwards and you could cancel it into ex freeze for a combo. These kicks would have more reach than the other kicks, but would generally be slower.
3.Anti-air - Some 4s look like they should anti air, but the hitbox just is not there. Like Scorpion's or Smoke's 4. Give these moves some a better hitbox and a little upperbody invincibility.
4.Low crush- Like Kano's or Quan Chi's 4. Make it where these generally slow normals beat moves that are low and d1s. These moves would not generally be launchers, but they would be great pressure tools to make your opponent think twice about poking out.

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
except p1 advantage, shitty balance, meter glitch, op armor, stupid frame data,... perfect :DOGE
That's apart of MK, you must be young but since the start of the Mortal Kombat series there have been glitches and fuck ups. It's part of the package and makes it more fun that random fuck ups like meter drain glitch can happen. P1 advantage is lame though.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
If we get this, then people will be moaning about the new problems associated with the new game. People cannot have it all.