What's new

MK9 to MK10 mechanics improvements(suggestion)

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Just my 2 sense for MK10 expectations. Danger notification to return. Yes! Need this to know when my opponent or I are at low health for obvious reasons. No run button. I felt that dash blocking was a great way to move around the screen. IMO though so don't bash me for it lol.
P1 advantage definitely needs to go away. Slower patches. Let the metagame evolve and only patch stuff that may be totally broken when necessary or to fix unintentional glitches. Absolutely no back to block in MK.
The op mentioned bringing back the more dark and greedy music for MK10. Couldn't agree more.

I agree with everything else he listed except the run button.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm not sure if ex nut punch was the best in the game, his X.ray is ridiculous though.

I honestly think scorpions xray is one of the best things in the game. Very rarely whiffs and fucking tracks everything.
Yeah, Scorps and Cage's X-rays are filled with temporary Invincibility frames instead of Armor, so they would beat out anything, by cage being temporary invincible, during the 1st stage of his X-ray, and then when it wears off you can touch him.

Scorpion X-Ray has 1 frame startup of Invincibility frames and last all the way he sinks into the netherrealm, we tried to activate on reaction 1 frame after KL's X-Ray, scorps still won., the invencibility wears off when he is tracking chars down with the punch tho.

So, to avoid having this problem again, i think All X-rays instead of Armor, should have Invincibility frames, and wakeups with invincibility frames shouldn't need to add more invincibility to it, i.e

Cage ex nut punch has 5 frames of invincibility, but in wakeup it has 20, WTF!!!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Tell that to Scorpion players, who couldn't even use their pokes to start with, bottom tier for life:(
Just for clarity's sake, Scorpion actually had one of the better D1's in the game, I'm guessing D3 and D4 were made the way they were because he could guarantee hellfire from almost anything in the demo and NRS didn't have the time to readjust the frame data lol.

But yeah, I do think some normals/pokes should have unique properties, just not in the context of them being outright negative.....

Everyone should get one armour move and one only but they can pick which super has the armour properties.

Maybe njk should put you and the opponent full screen.

I don't mind the run button. Maybe it can be tied to the meter system so it can't be abused.
Agreed, but the run button already had an individual meter system.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I like the idea of an armored -OR- safe EX teleport simply to help me get out of the corner. I like your idea though. 1 hit of armor on EX TKP would drastically improve Ermac's wakeup game, which is already insanely unsafe.
Totally. I hope he comes back! Or if not, perhaps a new Telekinetic character? I know there's Kenshi, but Kenshi plays different from Ermac. Ermac is just more fun :) lol to me at least.
Just my 2 sense for MK10 expectations. Danger notification to return. Yes! Need this to know when my opponent or I are at low health for obvious reasons. No run button. I felt that dash blocking was a great way to move around the screen. IMO though so don't bash me for it lol.
P1 advantage definitely needs to go away. Slower patches. Let the metagame evolve and only patch stuff that may be totally broken when necessary or to fix unintentional glitches. Absolutely no back to block in MK.
The op mentioned bringing back the more dark and greedy music for MK10. Couldn't agree more.

I agree with everything else he listed except the run button.
I really agree on the keeping the block button(please NRS NO back to block!) lol It's one thing that makes MK, well MK. The gritty music would work, since they brought back everything else gritty, torn clothes, blood, gore, blood on the ground, messed up fatalities. Definitely Mk 2 and MK 4 kind of music, very dark!

Sidenote, I also believe MK needs ONE Werewolf character(not like NW since he morphs into one) but I'm talking like Underworld kind of, he'd be like Reptile where he's humanoid but fights like an animal. I mean if you think about it, it's one thing they haven't really done yet as an actual "in game character" since we have gods, sorcerers, cyborgs, metahumans, zombies, vampires, reptiles, etc, etc.

Flagg

Noob
They should keep the 2.5d aspect of the game but I imagine they'll work weapons into MK 10 sort of like traits today homage to the 3d games.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
They should keep the 2.5d aspect of the game but I imagine they'll work weapons into MK 10 sort of like traits today homage to the 3d games.
I certainly do hope not.

The current system is perfect, there is characters who fights bare hands (Ermac, Cage, Jax), There is Characters who fight with weapons (Kitana, etc) and there is characters who mix (Skarlet, Kenshi, Kabal etc)

The Style button was bullshit, and i still think it is. Sidestep is bullshit too.

Flagg

Noob
I certainly do hope not.

The current system is perfect, there is characters who fights bare hands (Ermac, Cage, Jax), There is Characters who fight with weapons (Kitana, etc) and there is characters who mix (Skarlet, Kenshi, Kabal etc)

The Style button was bullshit, and i still think it is. Sidestep is bullshit too.

I wish they could keep the same format as Mk9 but this Boon, it won't happen. He'll either mix things up or emulate the 3d games, which I hope not because I lost total interest in MK after umk3.

I've always thought why another Mk? MK9 had much potential, what of wasted on making another game when they can make a patch and add 2 more characters to the game. that's is all.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That could work, since NRS loves bios for characters that can be how a new wolf character can exist lol. I'm curious if we'll see more 3D characters like Dairou, Bo-Rai Cho, Hsu Hao etc, etc back again.
Mileena and Skarlet in this version are lab experiments, infused with magic tho. But Still Outworld science :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
People are still hung up on the UMK9? Really? lol

Mileena and Skarlet in this version are lab experiments, infused with magic tho. But Still Outworld science :p
Oh yeah, Mileena I liked how they went into more details with Shang's magic, experiments. Skarlet and Ermac being more explained how both were made by Shao Kahn's magic. Was neat.

RoGE

Noob
meh, they can keep a lot of the unblockable reset stuff, just add alot of damage scaling after it.

Let's not take out ALL the broken things, that's what makes certain characters fun imo lol

edit: I want this game to be really really deep, I think a cancel system similiar to RC's in GG/BB or FADC's in SF4 would add a lot of depth. Also make combo breakers cost 3 bars and make X-rays a 4 bar move with a minimum damage scaling limit.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
AHEMM!! SHAAADOW Preist

Indeed i'm curious to see if NRS can give us a Shadow Preist character this time, around, in MK Shaoling Monks they were annoying as fuck
For mk10 I want a Shadow Priest playable, for sake of keeping Freddy's moveset alive, since he probably won't return.

With some slight adjustments.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
For mk10 I want a Shadow Priest playable, for sake of keeping Freddy's moveset alive, since he probably won't return.

With some slight adjustments.
If freddy does not return, M2dave will stay salty for long ass 2 or more than 3 years until the next MK version comes out.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Nj punch back--get rid of that bounce
Njk starters back
roundhouses back also
less armor
Also those "resets" gone.