What's new

MK9 patch in the works?

zaf

professor
Kabal & Cyrax are broken as old-man dick... Nerf them to bottom tier!
Sheeva needs 2 hits of armor on all her command throws
Striker needs faster frame start-ups
Smoke needs a slower teleport
Sindel needs 1 hit of armor on her EX scream
Sonya's cartwheel need slower start-ups
Kano needs faster start-ups on his knife throw and kano-ball (perhaps change the input commands for the ball)
Cyber Sub-Zero needs faster start-ups on all his normals, as well as ice bombs that actually freeze
There's a ton more that could be done to balance the game but... I doubt it will EVER happen :(
None of these suggestions will make these characters any better.

Especially the csz

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Would be so dumb. Free 40% combo off armor ?? Same shit with sonya and kartwheel. If anything give armor to tkp. He doesnt even need armor. It doesn't fix his issues
Not replace it, just add armor to the enhanced TKL. Would be useful when bitches keep doing teleports with KL or Raiden. But I do agree with the TKP.

zaf

professor
Not replace it, just add armor to the enhanced TKL. Would be useful when bitches keep doing teleports with KL or Raiden. But I do agree with the TKP.
If KL keeps teleporting then d2 (uppercut) him into lift. Free punish. If KL is teleing on you and he's always hitting you then it is be cause you are probably pressing buttons.

As for raidens tele grab him. He cant hit you out. Free grab attempt so mix up with back and forwards. Or you can cross him up. You can even iafb or start a block string of your own. A lot of options if you dont just sit there

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
If KL keeps teleporting then d2 (uppercut) him into lift. Free punish. If KL is teleing on you and he's always hitting you then it is be cause you are probably pressing buttons.

As for raidens tele grab him. He cant hit you out. Free grab attempt so mix up with back and forwards. Or you can cross him up. You can even iafb or start a block string of your own. A lot of options if you dont just sit there
Yeah, just the lag fucks us all up.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I don't know if this is earthshattering, just read a few posts, but did nobody watch the Dev tourney? They said on stream they were done with MK9 when people were asking. If I'm just slow and these are just for fun, then PEACE OUT!

zaf

professor
you're making yourself look bad, just shut up, same to the guy who recently said smoke's tele needs a longer startup.
Don't gotta be so tough on him eddy. He meant well.

Once you play ermac for as long as I have and really get in depth with him and his match ups, you see what will fix him without making him broken.
Armor ex lift is broke.
Fixing his negative pokes on HIT is not broke. Giving the 1 a mid in 31 is not broke.
These small tune ups fix his problems.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Don't gotta be so tough on him eddy. He meant well.

Once you play ermac for as long as I have and really get in depth with him and his match ups, you see what will fix him without making him broken.
Armor ex lift is broke.
Fixing his negative pokes on HIT is not broke. Giving the 1 a mid in 31 is not broke.
These small tune ups fix his problems.
i understand that, i didn't meant to be so harsh, so sorry to him if it sounded like it was.

I know lots of people don't like to talk about patching, but is always nice to know what is exactly wrong with a character.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
you're making yourself look bad, just shut up, same to the guy who recently said smoke's tele needs a longer startup.
i understand that, i didn't meant to be so harsh, so sorry to him if it sounded like it was.

I know lots of people don't like to talk about patching, but is always nice to know what is exactly wrong with a character.
Ive been playing MK since 1992 so dont think Ima young buck tryna start shit. Im not a big tourney player (wish to be If I had the time) but I do see alot of technical things on fighting games on how ppl put them in to perspective to make you think. I may not know alot in detail like other ppl do but I do know some things about fighting games. Plus Im new here on the TYM, I didnt want to sound like a noob but I just threw that thought out there. And I do accept that apology.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ive been playing MK since 1992 so dont think Ima young buck tryna start shit. Im not a big tourney player (wish to be If I had the time) but I do see alot of technical things on fighting games on how ppl put them in to perspective to make you think. I may not know alot in detail like other ppl do but I do know some things about fighting games. Plus Im new here on the TYM, I didnt want to sound like a noob but I just threw that thought out there. And I do accept that apology.
all good, no problem here, just inform yourself a bit on what went down with the game at the time it was active here on TYM.

Besides MK only seems to be dead in USA

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
all good, no problem here, just inform yourself a bit on what went down with the game at the time it was active here on TYM.

Besides MK only seems to be dead in USA
Really? kinda ironic since the game is made in the USA. I guess ppl just got tired of the blood and gore, I dont heheh thats my opinion though. Its probably cuz all the patches this game has pissed off alot of ppl when characters got nerfed, I knew I did but I got over it.

zaf

professor
Really? kinda ironic since the game is made in the USA. I guess ppl just got tired of the blood and gore, I dont heheh thats my opinion though. Its probably cuz all the patches this game has pissed off alot of ppl when characters got nerfed, I knew I did but I got over it.
people are more or less upset with all the bugs in the game. not really the blood and gore. just how things happen in games that shouldnt be

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
people are more or less upset with all the bugs in the game. not really the blood and gore. just how things happen in games that shouldnt be
Yeah, with all fighting games it is the same thing. I played SSFIVAE online it lags also, and UMVC3.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
The only people who want this game revived are the johnny cages, kabal's, kung lao's/ top tier character reps. Sorry...I hate to say it because my heart belongs to MK, but the game is not worthy.

If they buffed the lower tier like they did in Inj...I'd be back in a heart beat.
I play Sub Zero and I want this game revived, I still play it at locals.