What's new

MK9 patch in the works?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Don't gotta be so tough on him eddy. He meant well.

Once you play ermac for as long as I have and really get in depth with him and his match ups, you see what will fix him without making him broken.
Armor ex lift is broke.
Fixing his negative pokes on HIT is not broke. Giving the 1 a mid in 31 is not broke.
These small tune ups fix his problems.
You want frame advantage on a poke that due to hitbox evades so many moves like cage f3, sub S2 and can be safely spammed due to its hitbox and pushback where most character must D4 or jump and you still outpoke/AA them?

Metzos

Wigy

There it is...
Let D1 the way it is not all characters are suppose to have a good D1. Besides I'm so used not to use it. What Mileena needs is definately armor on neckbite. And maybe also make the move only -2 on block so it can be used after a D4.

I also remember reading in an old post that second hit EX teleport should be an overhead. That would help her too, it would improve her pressure.

Low ball is gonna make her broken so forget it.

But to be honest even if a patched happened, unfortunately I doubt they are gonna change anything on Mileena. At least they are gonna help her inderictly be nerfing KKKC.
That teleport thing is dumb
That would mean she has a 99% Safe tool to get in on people. Ex teleport is bad enough as it is. Maybe make it that she has legit 50/50's instead of her ghetto ass ones or increase damage a little. I think tweaking of other characters would make her balanced.

Last edited:

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Nightwolf needs rain armour on ex axe and it should be +5 on block.also give him the ability to combo after hitting a string into ex arrow,the same as Kitana can when she hits ex fan.cancelable lightning aswell.

Last edited:

187x

Noob
Nightwolf needs rain armour on ex axe and it should be +5 on block.also give him the ability to combo after hitting a string into ex arrow,the same as Kitana can when she hits ex fan.cancelable lightning aswell.
That low string he has isn't even a low it should be a low. I forgot the inputs'_'
add that to the list

That teleport thing is dumb
That would mean she has a 99% Safe tool to get in on people. Ex teleport is bad enough as it is. Maybe make it that she has legit 50/50's instead of her ghetto ass ones or increase damage a little. I think tweaking of other characters would make her balanced.
Yeah you are right, it's been a while since I said that, now I do realise how dumb that would have been. It doesn't really matter anymore since no patch is coming.

I think legit 50/50's would make her broken. The only way to do it "right" would be to make U4 like Scorpion's B2 (i.e faster so it's not reactable, but punishable on block). I don't want that though, I prefer U4 the way it is now.

What makes you think ex tele is bad as it is?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You want frame advantage on a poke that due to hitbox evades so many moves like cage f3, sub S2 and can be safely spammed due to its hitbox and pushback where most character must D4 or jump and you still outpoke/AA them?

Metzos

zaf, the fact that Ermac's d3, if used correctly, is safe means its fine in terms of frame numbers. There is something else i have in mind about this but i wont mention it yet cause i need to test it more. If it turns out what i m thinking is true, Ermac's d3 is broken as hell and its justified that its minus on hit. I dont want to hear, EVER, that Ermac needs armor in any of his specials. His d1 should be more advantageous on hit though. Other than that Ermac is fine if he is played patiently and correctly.

zaf

professor

Metzos
No i meant d1.

I know d3 is retarded trust me haha.

Metzos you can pm me what you have in mind

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah you are right, it's been a while since I said that, now I do realise how dumb that would have been. It doesn't really matter anymore since no patch is coming.

I think legit 50/50's would make her broken. The only way to do it "right" would be to make U4 like Scorpion's B2 (i.e faster so it's not reactable, but punishable on block). I don't want that though, I prefer U4 the way it is now.

What makes you think ex tele is bad as it is?
Because its unavoidable pretty much, punishes most projectiles on reaction, gets you in on somebody for free and is tricky to punish consistently, and when it lands it gets you free pressure. If it came in at a less acute angle it wouldn't bother me so much, but its cause i comes pretty much straight down you can't AA. It also has sooo much priority. I try use cyrax's AA jump and JC's flipkick to stuff it nd it just get hit out of both of them.

Well if she had legit 50/50's the low starter one would be full punishable so it balances out. Its just cause you can fuzzyguard her very easily.

Because its unavoidable pretty much, punishes most projectiles on reaction, gets you in on somebody for free and is tricky to punish consistently, and when it lands it gets you free pressure. If it came in at a less acute angle it wouldn't bother me so much, but its cause i comes pretty much straight down you can't AA. It also has sooo much priority. I try use cyrax's AA jump and JC's flipkick to stuff it nd it just get hit out of both of them.

Well if she had legit 50/50's the low starter one would be full punishable so it balances out. Its just cause you can fuzzyguard her very easily.
That's what the teleport is about, to punish projectiles. Normal teleport gives her a lot more advantage than EX.. EX on hit doesn't give free pressure like normal.

Also you can armor second hit if you are fast enough (after blocked first hit).

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
The only people who want this game revived are the johnny cages, kabal's, kung lao's/ top tier character reps. Sorry...I hate to say it because my heart belongs to MK, but the game is not worthy.

If they buffed the lower tier like they did in Inj...I'd be back in a heart beat.
How stupid. If everyone was on the same 'skill' set this game'll be boring like SSB:Brawl (a game I barely played but enough to know how boring it was due to the character balance).

zaf

professor

Mileena ex tele has never been a problem. Teleport in general is designed as an anti zoning tool. Much like all the ninja's teleports.

She does not get in for free, unless you are pressing buttons. But then you are getting punished for doing something you shouldn't be. Which is how fighters work.
So you need to play her knowing that you can not just shoot stuff at her. If you block it, it is really not worth it for her to be doing this all the time as she gets punished every time it is blocked.

Don't try to aa the move or dash under it, as that is not really consistent and very hard to do on reaction. Not worth the trouble at all. If you know she will be doing it, then you might as well just block and punish it like that.

She does have legit 50/50s. I can vouch for this as I played sonixfox, and my training partner is one of the best mileenas.

Also ex tele is not tricky to punish at all. It is like doomsday earth shaker. Block high, then block low. Free punish.

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
That's not a good example. Meta Knight is hella stupid.
You know what I mean. I mean that the game is more 'balanced' than SSBM/SSB. Making it more boring. The characters who lack tools that others have make fighting games unique. For instance, Kano is seen as a piece of shit character but I got people screaming cheating on me for beating their asses with him. Plus, offline; I still rape with him, it's a disappointment to me that I was working full-time when this game was in its prime popularity, otherwise I would've shown people that Kano [a character deemed garbage] can compete with anyone because of the user controlling him. It's just that people are crying because their favorite character isn't as good as Kabal/Kung Lao/Cyrax etc. If skill or tier list placement is what makes you use your character than that is pathetic.

Wigy

There it is...
Mileena ex tele has never been a problem. Teleport in general is designed as an anti zoning tool. Much like all the ninja's teleports.

She does not get in for free, unless you are pressing buttons. But then you are getting punished for doing something you shouldn't be. Which is how fighters work.
So you need to play her knowing that you can not just shoot stuff at her. If you block it, it is really not worth it for her to be doing this all the time as she gets punished every time it is blocked.

Don't try to aa the move or dash under it, as that is not really consistent and very hard to do on reaction. Not worth the trouble at all. If you know she will be doing it, then you might as well just block and punish it like that.

She does have legit 50/50s. I can vouch for this as I played sonixfox, and my training partner is one of the best mileenas.

Also ex tele is not tricky to punish at all. It is like doomsday earth shaker. Block high, then block low. Free punish.
If you re-read my post i was referring to the teleport if the second hit was an overhead. For certain characters you get such crappy damage from an ex teleport punish cause it needs to be a d1 special cancel for most characters which is hella annoying in some matchups.
Are you sure she has 50/50's? I usually block low then high and it seems to fuzzyguard it. The visual trigger for how you should block is very obvious.

zaf

professor
If you re-read my post i was referring to the teleport if the second hit was an overhead. For certain characters you get such crappy damage from an ex teleport punish cause it needs to be a d1 special cancel for most characters which is hella annoying in some matchups.
Are you sure she has 50/50's? I usually block low then high and it seems to fuzzyguard it. The visual trigger for how you should block is very obvious.
she has u4 into ex ball, so that is overhead overhead
u4 into b3
b3 canceled into ex ball
b3b4

she has her options.