What's new

MK9 patch in the works?

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
During EVO Goldfish and I had the opportunity to talk 1 on 1 with Ed boon when we ended up on the same elevator. I asked about the possibility of a final mk patch and boon told me that although he couldn't say much they recognize the need for it and talks are currently happening. What that means exactly Is unclear at the moment but it sounds hopeful. They really want it at EVO next year. What do you think of this and what changes would you hope to see? I hope quan remains untouched except for a 6 frame move added to deal with that dickhole Johnny cage.

Unban Kratos.
Remove Smoke's resets.
Cyrax needs it.
Turn Kano's frame data into something not crappy.
Give Sheeva armor on all un-enhanced specials except for her Fireball and Teleport.
CSZ requires Ice Bombs that always freeze. (Cyrax...)
Stryker needs some better mid-hitting moves.
Bring back pre-patch Jade.
Make Nightwolf's F3 a low.
Sindel needs an armored EX special.
Delete Kenshi.
Kabal's fine.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
During EVO Goldfish and I had the opportunity to talk 1 on 1 with Ed boon when we ended up on the same elevator. I asked about the possibility of a final mk patch and boon told me that although he couldn't say much they recognize the need for it and talks are currently happening. What that means exactly Is unclear at the moment but it sounds hopeful. They really want it at EVO next year. What do you think of this and what changes would you hope to see? I hope quan remains untouched except for a 6 frame move added to deal with that dickhole Johnny cage.
that would be great if they managed it, but screw quan, make his faster move 9 frames so i cage continues to beat him 8-2 :)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Is ShitStinkyStink seriously still trying to downplay Quan's options out of pressure when he potentially gets 80% handed to him from a random 7 frame uppercut?! :16Bit

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Maybe a UMK9.

I mean I used to laugh at the idea but if your going to try and revitalize it, that may be necessary.

I don't think that is going to happen.

If they do it too soon its a slap in the face to PC users who just bought the steam version.
If they do it to late, it will interfere with MK10 which is going to come out in two years to go along with the movie.

Its kind of a shame, because I think that's what the game really needs, a patch will help, but some of the problems of MK9 are hard coded into that game, and they have went on record saying that can't fix a lot of stuff with just patches.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Unban Kratos.
Cyrax needs it.
Buff Kano.
Give Sheeva armor on all un-enhanced specials except for her Fireball.
CSZ requires Ice Bombs that always freeze.
Stryker needs some better mid-hitting moves.
Delete Kenshi.
Kabal's fine.
Lmao delete Kenshi

In all seriousness I don't think they should patch the game. I feel like theres tons of leveling up to do with every character. And who knows maybe more than just cyrax can handle kabal. Denzel showed us this weekend that cyrax can deal with kabal. Maybe people have been playing MUs wrong all this time. Maybe we all need to learn from Denzel and play matches more patiently? The that match looked it seemed like Kabal vs Cyrax could be 5-5 maybe slight advantage to either character. I honestly thought it was 7-3 8-2. But who knows. Theres still lots of room for leveling up. Tbh the only "patch" you would add in the game are things like fixing input bug and meterdrain glitch and that's it. I think everything else is fine.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If they're patching, it should be good, but i want to hear an official announcement first, i want my skarlet F4 to be 9 frames, she needs its the only buff she needs it.

Why is that? SF has been out 5 years and is getting a new patch. This is what NRS should be doing IMO. Doing a patch yearly instead of monthly.

Cause they'll fuck it up again. like i said in my last post: "The day after they patched it, Cyrax would get another variation on his reset thanks to TonyT." (not to mention a whole bunch of other shit) Time for them to focus on making MK10 and less on games they lack the skill to fix.

EDIT: lol at comparing SF to MK

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Lmao delete Kenshi

In all seriousness I don't think they should patch the game. I feel like theres tons of leveling up to do with every character. And who knows maybe more than just cyrax can handle kabal. Denzel showed us this weekend that cyrax can deal with kabal. Maybe people have been playing MUs wrong all this time. Maybe we all need to learn from Denzel and play matches more patiently? The that match looked it seemed like Kabal vs Cyrax could be 5-5 maybe slight advantage to either character. I honestly thought it was 7-3 8-2. But who knows. Theres still lots of room for leveling up. Tbh the only "patch" you would add in the game are things like fixing input bug and meterdrain glitch and that's it. I think everything else is fine.
QFT.

MK9 at EVO in general put all of us on blast this year in some form or another. Nobody expected any Cyrax player to expose the Kabal matchup like that and it just goes to show there could be dozens more matchups we might have gave up on too early.

Not to mention MyGod, that almost nobody heard of, making top 3 against a super tough bracket and taking DJT and REO to the edge. What would've happened if he used Sonya from the start against him?

As much as I'd like a new patch and/or UMK9, a lot of doors are still open.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Reptile buffs!!!!!

6f D3 and a faster St3 to hit on low-hitbox crouching chars in exchange for a -17 Elbow Dash on block!!

Also make EN Elbow Dash uninterruptable and fix the Forceball teleport glitch!