What's new

MK9 patch in the works?

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Patching this game is going to make this game's competitive scene worse, not better. People who will throw $5 to play in a tourney of a game they use to play will not participate if they'd have to relearn a DEAD game.

Let's face it, back when the game was relevent, tourney numbers went down with every patch. This patch would be for a vocal minority.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Is ShitStinkyStink seriously still trying to downplay Quan's options out of pressure when he potentially gets 80% handed to him from a random 7 frame uppercut?! :16Bit

I must have missed this post lol how exactly does he get 80% off an uppercut?

Patching this game is going to make this game's competitive scene worse, not better. People who will throw $5 to play in a tourney of a game they use to play will not participate if they'd have to relearn a DEAD game.

Let's face it, back when the game was relevent, tourney numbers went down with every patch. This patch would be for a vocal minority.
Patching I:GAU every two fucking weeks turned me off from learning the game. I'm not sure if I want to continue trying to learn it while there is still a wave of DLC + patches to be expected.

A patch after over a year will bring at least some life to MK9. Capcom's yearly updates for Street Fighter IV keeps interest going for their precious game.

Hopefully by the time mk10 is out, NRS has learned a lesson on balancing. They really should follow capcoms footsteps and patch the game every year, even every 6 months. But every month is unnecessary and it obviously turned a lot of people off from the game. On the flip side, the mk community really needs to stop crying for nerfs. It is non stop. We just had a patch, now look at how many people are bitching about superman. The mods should close any nerf/buff threads until at least a month or 2 after every patch. Just my opinion.

Umm how about level up before we start complaining some more
is that supposed to be a counter argument? I voiced legit concerns and issues about the game that are common and accepted and your response is "level up"? You can't even muster up an original thought, you go with a jaded fighting game phrase that liberates you from actually having to have defend your point of view.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
As it is right now, you have absolutely no reason to block high against Kung Lao. Making tele 3 hit high makes it damn near useless (almost literally), since that just means it's going to whiff the majority of the time. Tele 3 is punished consistently in today's metagame. There's no reason to change it, especially if said change absolutely ruins it.

Lao wouldn't get overpowered if Kabal and Kenshi are nerfed since he'd still lose to Kitana, Cage and Sonya, with other characters being debatable.
No KL should have to think before he teleports all the time like an idiot. Every character should be able to punish him not just low hitbox characters.

McNasty

Moist.
this "patch" needs to be a new game based on what is existing in mk9. Essentially a trilogy edition of mk9. Would also be hype if they made variations to certain characters ala super turbo so if you do a certain input when you pick smoke you can choose vs mk9 style or umk3 style and give him a spear and different move properties.

If they patched the game, what changes would they need to do to make Jade playable but not stupid?
I'd be perfectly fine with jade if
1. She don't take damage from ex glow and it last a split second longer.
2. 3,4 regular staff slam connected(now she have to use enhance for it to connect)
3.slightly faster boomerang startup.
4.she can progress forward after throwing an enhanced boomerang.
5.Shadow kick hits neutral ducking opponent.
6.If she gets nothing, at least change her intro to something else because it's just not easy.lol

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
is that supposed to be a counter argument? I voiced legit concerns and issues about the game that are common and accepted and your response is "level up"? You can't even muster up an original thought, you go with a jaded fighting game phrase that liberates you from actually having to have defend your point of view.
Umm how bout you figure some shit out? Tell me what character won SF4 at evo. Is he top tier?

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Telling people to level up and you switched to Kabal.
I'll take your words with a grain of salt.
Do what you gotta do man. Plus I used to main Kabal before I ever picked up JC so he was kinda like a secondary almost. I still play both characters and I don't only play kabal because he is top tier, I like how he can cancel his dash into mixups. That's what got me into him in the first place.

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
Kabal & Cyrax are broken as old-man dick... Nerf them to bottom tier!
Sheeva needs 2 hits of armor on all her command throws
Striker needs faster frame start-ups
Smoke needs a slower teleport
Sindel needs 1 hit of armor on her EX scream
Sonya's cartwheel need slower start-ups
Kano needs faster start-ups on his knife throw and kano-ball (perhaps change the input commands for the ball)
Cyber Sub-Zero needs faster start-ups on all his normals, as well as ice bombs that actually freeze
There's a ton more that could be done to balance the game but... I doubt it will EVER happen :(

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
The only people who want this game revived are the johnny cages, kabal's, kung lao's/ top tier character reps. Sorry...I hate to say it because my heart belongs to MK, but the game is not worthy.

If they buffed the lower tier like they did in Inj...I'd be back in a heart beat.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
The only people who want this game revived are the johnny cages, kabal's, kung lao's/ top tier character reps. Sorry...I hate to say it because my heart belongs to MK, but the game is not worthy.
I like you Runway, your awesome vids taught me alot about Jade and Sindel, I have so muchfun with those characters now. But these kinds of statements need to stop. Thats bullshit. Don't want to play MK9 anymore?, like Injustice? Thats cool, but I don't see why anyone would want to trivialize the game that brought so much of Testyourmight together. Not picking at you, I'm just sick of seeing it.