What's new

MK10 Wishlist

- Frost
- Better training mode
- Some sort of improved hair-physics (I'm deadly serious)
- Get rid of the input bug.
- When a character wins a round, try to make the fighters get back up as far away from the corner as possible (Pretty much every character has a teleport in-canon, anyway)
- Frost
Rathalos said:
Frost-- Plays like a faster more rushdown focused sub-zero, with no projectiles, instead the last hit of a few of her strings will freeze opponents allowing for hit confirms.
This.

edit: Wow, I've already posted in this thread but forgotten about it. How old is this thread again?

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
^ Man, your signature is so silly.

All fighting games have top, mid and low tier characters. And of all fighting games I know, MK9 is the most balanced / with the least random shit. Most low tier characters in this game are actually tourney viable (wish I could say the same for SSF4 but I can't). And the ones you think aren't tourney viable are probably under explored. Fundamentals like footsies, position advantage and meter management play such an important role in MK9 that tiers hardly matter. Sure the game has a few BS matchups but for the most part it's balanced.

And KL god mode? lol maybe pre patch 1.0. But now he has been nerfed a lot. Sure, he's still good and annoying to deal with (especially online) but he's no where near unbeatable.

You might as well stop playing fighting games altogether because I can assure you that MK10 will also have top tier characters that you will complain about.
Don't ruin this thread because of someone's signature.

Just don't.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
-Borderline Carbon-Copy of SF Training mode
-No invincibility on wake-up (or at least make it so ALL characters have it)
-GGPO (at the very least don't use what you used before)
-Self-made Engine (or at least try to get some pointers from Epic on how to make the Unreal 3 engine run at its best)
-Better throw tech system
-Lot's of Fatalities per kharacter (at least 5)
- some -alities and friendships, make some play out depending on how the round ends
-DON'T GIVE THE FATALITIES TO US, MAKES US HAVE TO FIGURE THEM OUT (i feel this will add a much better shock factor to the end result of a match you know i would like to see reactions like "shit i haven't seen that one before" both on and offline
-More Kostumes, Klassic, New, different Variations i don't care just more than 5 per toon preferably
-Don't make us have to play through the story mode to unlock Kharacters (any unlocks from Story mode should be at the most Kostumes)

That's all i really want for now

More "branching" strings. For example, Sektor has three stings that start the same; 12b1, 122, & 124. I would like to more of that type of stuff in the future.

Red Son

Noob
I wish one simple thing. The RESTART button when I press start and the match already started. It'll be more easily for button checks and stuffs. I always have to go back in the select screen. Everything else is just bonus.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
If Kitana comes back, make her look like MKDA friggin' gorgeous Kitana, not Maury Povich Transvestite episode Kitana.

Replace Kung Lao with Ashrah.

Make Ermac and Kenshi the baddest telekinetic duo in the history of time.

More unlockable characters ala MKDA & MKD.
It gives one more incentive to kick ass and win coin if the size of the roster depends on it.

X-ray fatalities you can only do with full meter.

(Double flawlessing someone and doing an X-ray fatality at top 8 in a major grants you top seeding at Evo)

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
this may have already been suggested several times but i didnt want to go searching through all 11 pages to find out:
Change the flip stance button to the EX button instead of having to press Block for an EX move to come out. Flip stance is all but useless anyway, and getting an EX move to come out 100% of the time takes a lot of getting used to. Many times I get the normal version of a special move instead of the EX version. Many times...

My wishlist:
1. GDLK training mode​
2. Trade system​
3. Better hitboxes​
4. Improved throw tech​
5. MKA Parry (with less advantage of course)​
6. MKDA reversal​
7. Draw games & double KO​
8. Unique jumping styles & heights​
9. MKDA-MKA block style (animation changes with every attack that's blocked)​
10. Taunts​
11. Get rid of breakers​
12. Some type of running maneuver (no run button)​

Sasuga

Noob
- No more invincible wake-up attacks. Some moves should work better as wake-up because of the propertys they already have. Give some moves early active frames.

- Make the engine more responsive. Less block-stun or even none at all. No more 3-frame window before you jump. Shorter crouch-animation. Bring back dash canceling.

- Don't give armour to moves to cover up the flaws of the game design. Some moves can have armour, sure. Others may be able to move through projectiles.

- No more 50/50 guessing game vortexes. I'm ok with 50/50 resets but not as in block high or low to escape it. Noob's black hole reset is cool, Scorpions vortex is not.

- No more full screen unblockable stuff without meter.

-And no more inexcapable resets, if not too much to ask.

- No more invincible wake-up attacks. Some moves should work better as wake-up because of the propertys they already have. Give some moves early active frames.

- Make the engine more responsive. Less block-stun or even none at all. No more 3-frame window before you jump. Shorter crouch-animation. Bring back dash canceling.

- Don't give armour to moves to cover up the flaws of the game design. Some moves can have armour, sure. Others may be able to move through projectiles.

- No more 50/50 guessing game vortexes. I'm ok with 50/50 resets but not as in block high or low to escape it. Noob's black hole reset is cool, Scorpions vortex is not.

- No more full screen unblockable stuff without meter.

-And no more inexcapable resets, if not too much to ask.
I doubt they would keep the same exacts resets for MK10, and If they do I wont buy it. Resets are in every fighting I can think of, and IMO Noob and Scorps resets are not broken or OP. Both are 50/50 and highly punishable if the players mix up isn't that strong. The only broken thing that remains in the game is Cyrax's resets because it isn't 50/50. Once he lands a net your pretty much screwed.

Sasuga

Noob
I doubt they would keep the same exacts resets for MK10, and If they do I wont buy it. Resets are in every fighting I can think of, and IMO Noob and Scorps resets are not broken or OP. Both are 50/50 and highly punishable if the players mix up isn't that strong. The only broken thing that remains in the game is Cyrax's resets because it isn't 50/50. Once he lands a net your pretty much screwed.
You are right about the resets. I like them as I like setup-based characters. I actally don't even mind inescapable resets as long as the total damage output isn't absurd, as is the case with Cyrax. I like Noob's reset. That one you can see coming.

With Scorpion, it's just guessing and it can keep you in indefinately. Fighting games should be about skill, not luck. I find losing or winning a match because of luck equally satisfying. Luck will allways be a factor, but the game design should be about keeping that to a minumum, in my opinion. Having a character who can start his combo's low or high and end the with a safe jump the exact opposite, regardless of being unsafe. That needs to go.

You are right about the resets. I like them as I like setup-based characters. I actally don't even mind inescapable resets as long as the total damage output isn't absurd, as is the case with Cyrax. I like Noob's reset. That one you can see coming.

With Scorpion, it's just guessing and it can keep you in indefinately. Fighting games should be about skill, not luck. I find losing or winning a match because of luck equally satisfying. Luck will allways be a factor, but the game design should be about keeping that to a minumum, in my opinion. Having a character who can start his combo's low or high and end the with a safe jump the exact opposite, regardless of being unsafe. That needs to go.
"Fighting games should be about skill, not luck." .. and randomness :D