What's new

MK10 Wishlist

I don't know if this has been said before, but I would really like NRS to cut down on all the instant-air stuff. it's one thing for a move to have different properties in the air, like purposefully wiffing Smoke's or Scorpion's teleport for a safer(er) way of getting in, but having moves be unquestionably better when done in the air is kind of crazy. To least to me.

Honestly I couldn't care less for more characters, stages, fatalities, etc. Stages and fatalities add nothing to the replay value of a game IMO, and most of the characters designs seemed to be last minute shoe-ins to satisfy casuals.

It's probably not possible due to the engine, but I would like NRS to focus on making the next MK a deeper fighting game. MK9 was a great start, so lets see what kind of fighter MK can become. I don't want the hype around a new MK to be the only factor for a one-time EVO appearance before the next one is released.

I see a lot of people want unique animations for the basic shared commands (pokes, jump punches/kicks etc...). It would be nice visually but really, I'm not too sure on it. Look at some shared commands that are mostly unique in MK9 like sweeps and uppercuts. Some characters got really awesome ones and others got shafted. And the worst thing is there doesn't seem to be a logical reason as to why your character got a good or bad sweep and uppercut (none that I've seen anyways). It turned out not to be that big a deal since sweeps and uppercuts aren't used that often, but jump punches...they're like the most used command ever. And imagine if they were unique and for whatever reason your character got a god awful jump punch with an awkward hitbox and slow startup. Screw that!

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I'd really like to see "Universal Stage Weapons" and Deathtraps again for casual play, with an option to turn these off for tournaments.

Creepy00

Noob
well what i would like to see is:
No specials moves less than 5 frames
better tech throws or a bit larger window to escape
throws dont stuff footsies
Double dash or improvement in blocking animation ( swear, i get punish when i do nothing and m i just blocking, but still get hit)
For once Trades at least on slides or rolls specials
IAF hitbox reduced
Input bug gone
character own hitbox to be improved like if reptile does forceball and i m hitting before he does it, it connects or same case with subzero iceclone, if people touch down, they should freeze properly.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Yes, yes, "Well done" and "Superb". Ahh, i miss that so much. Wow, actually I have a very long list.

Make the single player worthy and not with a challange tower, but with the ladder, the oldschool ladder with Endurance rounds, with hidden fights
some of them with easier ways to access, some of the with insane ones (5000 matches!!!!).
Make the unlockable content worthy, I do not care at all about pictures, and artwork, very cool but it has nothing to do with my game at all, I never saw any of them.
Bring that thing back when after each time you finished ladder, there was a challange of some kind, that you could try only once, no retry at all. And make them hard, really hard. If you wanted to do it again, well good luck, and play a lots of ladders. Only those things would make MK fun again in single player.
Now, the exper mode is no expert at all, make it more challanging please. After a week of play I had the ladder master achievement where there is the word "Master". I was so far from it, I can't tell you...
Like in Mktril. I know most of you hate it, but there was so much to do, so much it made me cry seeing Mk9 now.

Bring back the old selection screen. I miss that one much, it was sooo Mortal Kombat, when you chose your character he/she took the pose and when you changed customes and characters from each game (like mk2 raiden, and such) they blew up that was...you know, Mortal Kombat.
Literally I miss Mk to be Mk. The feeling lost somewhat.
For example the fatalities: I want them to be hilarious.
When I got my hands on MK9 I was like (before that you have to know that the last mk I played was 4, for about a day, long ago, so I remember the oldschool ones really) let's blow up the Earth with my cyborg! And what I got? I was able to send a net chopping him apart, or use my saw for the same purpose. Meh. Okay, Johnny Cage, let's uppercut heads...3 times in a row! Nice trophy you have there. So you carried all the way long? Nice. Okay that was some relief, but I miss the hilarity and wtf moments that the original gave me. I was so satisfied with Mktrils fatalities. I want to blow up the globe for one purpose only, for my friend asking me: "Why would you do that" and I could say "Because of fuck you!!" and start some static laugh.
Yeah, the sounds... My Cyrax felt nothing like the old one, I miss the sounds as well.
All those things are only to give the game that Mortal Kombat feeling it deserves, and I think all of us deserves. They started to take the series too serious. :(

But there are a few new things.
With random animations for some moves, and different block animations for each type of attack (strictly with the same attributes) could
make the game more cinematic wich would look cool indeed.
More characters of course but please Cyber Smoke. He is so iconic for me at least.
But instead of more characters I'd like to see more diversity in the cast, the looks, the animations, everything.
Maybe it is only me, but in the older ones (again) maybe they were look more identical, but for some strange reason
they felt so different, not in movesets, not in such things only the feeling they gave. Somehow they should bring the
epicness of each character back. Nowadays with that realistic approach the only way to achieve that is to make
them truly different, not like they are now. I know...it is a solely artistic question. Still...

That's for all... maybe some improvement in the AI to learn your juggles, and tactics making the ladder play actually worth it and
blah blah blah, all the thing ppl allready said.
I allready shared them in other topics.

Plop

Noob
A sneak peek of Ermac's face.
Nooo! That would RUIN Ermac!

At least one "quick fatality" per character, where the animation takes 2-5 seconds, not 20sec.
Hell yeah! I've been saying this for ages! Like, one where the camera wouldnt even move. Like a proper classic fatality that you dont mind watching thousands of times. Quick, but not lame. The other fatality could be the big ott one, thats fine, but not BOTH of them.

-
- Friendships, More stages with stage fatalities, Brutalities, THE WHOLE SHEBANG
- If koins are kept, make them useful. As of now they have no use once you buy everything.
- No more guest characters, Only Freddy remains but he must have the Robert England costume and face. The current Freddy is an imposter that shouldn't be in the game, there is only one Freddy and he is Robert Englund.
-I'm actually really annoyed they put babalities in this one and NOT friendships. Friendships were always my favorites, and it'd be cool to see them all modernised.
-I've got sooo many coins now its not even funny. The concept of the Krypt is fantastic, but the one in this game kinda sucked. None of the pictures had any descriptions on them or anything. I found reading those very interesting. I think a good idea would be to release extra Krypt stuff as DLC, so as you keep making the money, they keep giving us something to actually spend it on. Or maybe they could find some other use for the coins, like something to do with online play...i dunno what though
-Robert Englund aaaaaall the fuckin way!

- More costumes! Full PVC fetishcostume for noob, nurse outfits for the girls, crossdressing ninja's! Mileena outfit for Rain and reverse, subzero outfit for Kitana and reverse, Reptile outfit for Jade and Ermac outfit for Skarlet and reverse! Cyberoutfits for everyone with slightly different movesets (See one of my previous posts) !
Best idea so far. I actually tweeted Ed Boon after i unlocked Mileena's 3rd costume and asked him if there was any chance of ever getting Baraka in a thong...needless to say, he never got back to me

Havatchu

Noob
Silly idea on my part, but how about in tag mode having Shang Tsung be able to use the ablities of the partner as well as the opponents?

I think it would be cool if characters had different round winning animations if you get a flawless. Like, they do/say something really condescending and humiliating.

Customizing your characters appearance like clothes, colors clothes, hair, makeup, tatoos, etc/ intros/ win poses/ perhaps fighting stances

MKA did something like that (Kreate a Kharacter), I don't think it turned out that great.
I think he means the character you use, sort of like tekken. You customize a character (ex johnny cage) to your liking (give him a different hairstyle, clothes, change his chest tatoo from "johnny" to "mommy"....hehehe)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Customizing your characters appearance like clothes, colors clothes, hair, makeup, tatoos, etc/ intros/ win poses/ perhaps fighting stances
I like this idea .... kinda , a "control customizing", while you don't change the character moves, special moves and default combos, in other hand, you could change visual-looking stuff, like Mr. Mileena pointed out .... this way, you don't interfere with game engine core mechanic regarding gameplay, but, you could set up character external look the way you feel like .... :D

Zaibel

Noob
-Keep the style of story mode from MK9. I liked how the cut scenes led into the fights.

-More alternatives, please.

-No, and I repeat NO, guest characters. Keep to the MK universe.

-Like some have said, more X-rays to choose from.

-Also like some have said, intros that are personal ( like Scorpion v. Sub-Zero).

-A better Krypt. Like someone said, make the D-pad usable for navigation. It'd be quicker. Also, better content. Less stick figures and paintings (although some of them looked pretty nice).

-Add in new characters like Sareena, Tanya, Frost (but not as Sub-Zero), Havik, etc...

-Shinnok better be the main boss.

Haters gonna hate. :p

Goku

Noob
I am pretty sure nobody has said this yet. I am surprised nobody has.

-I want them to bring back the digitzied actors. With today's technology the game would look beyond amazing and realistic. Just look at Death Cargo, made by an Indie Company. Just imagine what NRS could do as a professional company; this would also really bring back the proper 2D old-school feeling since this is how the first 3 games were made.

-Make it FULL 2D. 2D hitboxes and develop the game so that it kind of has that 2D side-scrolling feeling the older games had.

-Like other people above have mentioned the "Mortal Kombat" Tournament mode. Make it to where you are set in one place (Kahn's Arena or Shang's Throne Room for ex.) and you literally fight one by one each fighter and have a dramatic ending if you complete it. It could have many cut-scenes before and after the fights, leading up to them, etc. Make these fights extremely difficult and NO OPTION TO BYPASS THEM. You must fight to prove your fighting skills. This could work sort of as a SURVIVAL MODE.

-As many have said, a better PRACTICE MODE that allows more customization in controlling the CPU.

-FUCK FRIENDSHIPS and BABALITIES. I HATED THEM!!!!!!!!! Make this game 100% serious and hardcore.

-BRUTALITIES definetely, they could be extremely disscusting.

-ANIMALITIES, yes they were lame in MK3, but they are violent if you think about it. Turning into an animal and viciously eating you alive could be incorporated very well.

-Make a combined Story/Konquest Mode. Have a "MAIN PLOT" version which would be like MK9's Story Mode where the main story is told. And another version "FREE ROAM" or "FREE RUN" which would be like Konquest with the many small missions in between.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
-Make it cover the Deception story, plz :3

-More alternates (Deception Alts =D)

-Less frame traps = more skill applied. Take the hint.

-Perhaps more Xrays. If so, allow them to be selectable

-Returning cast (Frost, Havik, Shujinko, Tanya)

-Keep it 2D with 3D hitboxes

-More stages

-Epic narrator (Deception and Armageddon were amazing voice-overs!)

-Eff crossovers. Only MK characters and MK canon IMO

Goku

Noob
-Make it cover the Deception story, plz :3

-More alternates (Deception Alts =D)

-Less frame traps = more skill applied. Take the hint.

-Perhaps more Xrays. If so, allow them to be selectable

-Returning cast (Frost, Havik, Shujinko, Tanya)

-Keep it 2D with 3D hitboxes

-More stages

-Epic narrator (Deception and Armageddon were amazing voice-overs!)

-Eff crossovers. Only MK characters and MK canon IMO
How can you like the 3D hitboxes lol.... It just does not really work with a 2D game.