What's new

MK10 Wishlist

Enenra

Go to hell.
What if they used a Killer Instinct Ultimate style finish - end the fight with a combo, plug the right buttons, instant kill move.
Like an X-Ray attack, but simple and lethal.
Dont let the FINISH HIM even come up until after the combo's done and the foe is defeated (fights are won every day with less than 1% health, so its only fair youre all the way dead), and give everyone a quick, flashy kill strike/move/special trick they can combo into if they so desire. Everything else in this game is based on hit confirming, why not the finishers? For those who dont feel like waiting for the "FINISH HIM!" and plugging in the fancier fatality, or are bored of seeing people die in the same manner (I'm sorry, Buzz Kill has gotta be Top 5 most brutal and satisfying finishes in the game...almost never gets old), but still long for the satisfaction of ending their lives, it'd be perfect. Like a drug with no side effects. Except salt.

Thoughts?
No.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
But WHY, Enenra???

Idk. Seems like a good idea, especially for tournament play, that way everyone can still get their kill on without killing time w/regular fatalities.

Some stuff I forgot in my other post:

-ONLINE REPLAY CHANNEL

-MAKE FRAME DATA AND HITBOXES VIEWABLE IN TRAINING MODE VIA A TOGGLE OPTION

What if they used a Killer Instinct Ultimate style finish - end the fight with a combo, plug the right buttons, instant kill move.
Like an X-Ray attack, but simple and lethal.
Dont let the FINISH HIM even come up until after the combo's done and the foe is defeated (fights are won every day with less than 1% health, so its only fair youre all the way dead), and give everyone a quick, flashy kill strike/move/special trick they can combo into if they so desire. Everything else in this game is based on hit confirming, why not the finishers? For those who dont feel like waiting for the "FINISH HIM!" and plugging in the fancier fatality, or are bored of seeing people die in the same manner (I'm sorry, Buzz Kill has gotta be Top 5 most brutal and satisfying finishes in the game...almost never gets old), but still long for the satisfaction of ending their lives, it'd be perfect. Like a drug with no side effects. Except salt.

Thoughts?
That's not a bad idea imo.

Maybe Brutalities could be like KI's ultra combos. I also get tired of getting the stupid fatality screen every time I fight online (not to mention 75% of people I beat rage quit there) and even victory poses take way too long sometimes.

I think it would be a cool finisher. Killing the opponent with a fairly quick "Mortal Kombo" so you skip the fatality screen and victory pose. I could go for that. :)

How about the ability to search for players based on their True Skill rank? Like in SF, you could search for "any skill", "same skill" or "higher skill" players.

And maybe add the ability to filter players by character usage. Like if you want to practice the KL or Raiden matchup you could just search for the best KL and Raiden players and test your skills against them.

Raiman

Noob
How about the ability to search for players based on their True Skill rank? Like in SF, you could search for "any skill", "same skill" or "higher skill" players.

And maybe add the ability to filter players by character usage. Like if you want to practice the KL or Raiden matchup you could just search for the best KL and Raiden players and test your skills against them.
yes, this.

yes and no, rank dont mean any skill, but i know what u mean ;)

Wishlist

- better online mode
- Better training mode
- Rematch button also available for winner(damn thats annoying when somebody presses rematch when you want to pick another character after playing 20 games of the same matchup)
- PLease NOOOO run button, that would make the game too simple, there would be no place for zonders anymore.
- More teleports, dive kicks( dive kicks are such cool moves) parry's and alternative BNB's with other purposes, like cages nut punch or rains bubble(sacrifice damage for advantages) .
- Wakeup attack system improved no glitches and balanced.
- Some characters need to have improved EX-moves, some are only used for more damage, ex version needs to have its own purpose.
- negative edge removed
- replace the anti airs, d1 as a universal anti air just looks stupid.
- more frame advantage characters like cage, more anti zoners like raiden and smoke.
- cyber smoke, tanya, shinnok, kintaro, motaru, goro, shao khan playable(as well as all the dlc for mk9 except for freddy and kratos.

- fourth option to super meter besides x ray breaker and ex moves, special modes which are unique for each character for example: 5 seconds armor mode for whatever character, 5 seconds teleport mode for raiden in which he can teleport as much as he wants without delay, phase through anythin for 5 seconds for smoke, hell fire mode for scorpion in which you let the opponnent jump like crazy, ice clone mode for subzero for a limit of 3 clones on screen etc.

Fuzzymic14

FC Bound
- better online mode
- Better training mode
- Rematch button also available for winner(damn thats annoying when somebody presses rematch when you want to pick another character after playing 20 games of the same matchup)
- PLease NOOOO run button, that would make the game too simple, there would be no place for zonders anymore.
- More teleports, dive kicks( dive kicks are such cool moves) parry's and alternative BNB's with other purposes, like cages nut punch or rains bubble(sacrifice damage for advantages) .
- Wakeup attack system improved no glitches and balanced.
- Some characters need to have improved EX-moves, some are only used for more damage, ex version needs to have its own purpose.
- negative edge removed
- replace the anti airs, d1 as a universal anti air just looks stupid.
- more frame advantage characters like cage, more anti zoners like raiden and smoke.
- cyber smoke, tanya, shinnok, kintaro, motaru, goro, shao khan playable(as well as all the dlc for mk9 except for freddy and kratos.

- fourth option to super meter besides x ray breaker and ex moves, special modes which are unique for each character for example: 5 seconds armor mode for whatever character, 5 seconds teleport mode for raiden in which he can teleport as much as he wants without delay, phase through anythin for 5 seconds for smoke, hell fire mode for scorpion in which you let the opponnent jump like crazy, ice clone mode for subzero for a limit of 3 clones on screen etc.
You sir... have broken MK once again :facepalm:

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
- Leave XRay, meter and breaker system as it is.
- 2D Hitboxes. Although I sorta like the inconsistency of the game...sometimes...
- A better training mode.
- Addition of replays to see your previous matches. Same with online.
- Idc about online. It'll always be laggy.
- Leave the 50/50 throw. Love it.
- Shinnok.
- MK9 character endings are good. I'd like some MK4-like endings as well.
- Make the IA harder. Fuck what IGN and Gamespot say. This game is freaking super duper easy. I like the impossible way, being stuck in the same fight for hours, just like the ol' good days. Although what you guys could do is make the ladder mk4- like, so that experimented players get to choose more and harder matches. Maybe make the endings be there?Iunno.
- Make another way of fighting the IA instead of just the ladder. Sometimes I just wanna fight a (good) Reptile with my character, not 5-6 characters and MAYBE reptile.
- Add the "Press Start to play" function when 1P is going through the ladder. I hate have to quit my ladder just to play with my brother. He could just press start instead.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Singles Kombat. You vs. Anybody, on repeat, as long as you want. Yesssss.

Didnt Ladder Mode used to have the option to use a 6-button input to do a Kombat Kode?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
There had been theories going around in places like GameFaqs on how its possible.

One theory was Noob Saibot being split on two when he entered the Soul-Nado. Splitting into His human form and another form being Noob.

Having a Sub-Zero in the next game IS, 100%, IMPORTANT! I mean.....whos gonna teach Frost??!?!
If this happens, Bi-Han should do all the things Kuai Liang did, MK4 onwards, become allies with Raiden, convince Scorpion that the Lin Kuei had nothing to do with the slaying of the Shirai Ryu, defeat Sektor to become the Grand Master of the Lin Kuei etc. And Cyber-Sub can become Noob Saibot's slave instead of Cyber Smoke. Come on, that's ALREADY more interesting than anything NRS will come up with.

Oh, and by the way Ed, it's Noob Saibot, not Noob, stop getting salty just because John Tobias left.

What would I like to see from a gameplay standpoint? We're onto something brilliant for the most part, NRS just need to stop cheaping out and using things from the previous game just because it's more convenient for them than starting from scratch, namely, the hitboxes, and the online netcode. This is the 4th fucking game in the row where the properties of moves have changed online, man the fuck up and rip Warner Bro$'s tight, stubborn pockets open.

Off the top of my head:

-Fix the online. The difference between this game's online and that of some other fighting games is like night and day.
-Better training mode.
-2D hitboxes.
-Fix the input glitch/inconsistency.
-Remove negative edge.
-4 player tag mode online.
-Bring back Brutalities and Friendships.
-Bring back the whole cast or most of it, along with some new characters (Havik, Fujin, Tremor, Reiko, etc.)
-Make sure human SZ is playable.
-Don't add any new gameplay gimmicks (run button included).
-And of course, I'm always open to new bonus stuff (more modes, costumes, stages, finishers, stage fatalities, etc etc)

All I want for MK10 is for it to be MK9 DLC and not a community dividing pseudo-sequel. Frankly I'd be happy with just some more characters being released.

KingShaz

In the Shadows
Bring Konquest Mode BACK!
MKD/MKA style..

Give us some fun shit to do because we all know MK online is for causing stress and high blood pressure.

If this was to be viable, it would have to last a lot less longer, and things like ice clones should have 1/4 of the screen time that a normal one would. It would break the game completely. Its inconsistent even from your examples: Being able to wrecklessly attack with armour for 5 seconds far outweighs sub zero getting a single guaranteed combo from the enemy landing on/in an ice clone. Both of which outweigh Raiden being able to teleport constantly for 5 seconds (depending on what that might add to the combo system if he was able to just constantly juggle the same thing for 5 seconds).

chem

1. Remove teleports from most of the cast.
2. Better netcode. Seriously. Dont use Gamespy ever again.
3. Better training mode.
4. Multiple X-Rays per character (speed up the animations) select one before each match.
5. More strings per character, but keep them unlisted so players discover them on their own.
6. Unique normals including low pokes, uppercuts, sweeps, air punches/kicks.
7. Less scantily outfits for females.
interesting very nice multiple xrays would be interesting, also unique normal moves for characters would be pretty damn good, am sure they have some element of that already i.e. sonya & Mileena have really good down 4's.

- A good netcode that is lag and bug free
- A training mode with more depth and no glitches or bugs in it. A useful training mode so to speak.
- Choose your destiny arcade ladder. Identical to MK Trilogy.
- Bugs and inconsistencies fixed, proper (Not Glitchy and WTF) hitboxes on chars, official frame data must be released by NRS during first 2 weeks
- Cyborgs MUST have MK3 robotic sound effects
-Liu Kang MUST have MK3 sound effects AND gibberish, especially his bicycle kick where he screams "You're the only one with a dildo in your butt"
- Cyber Smoke must be in it with his MK3 moveset
- Noob Saibot will be able to select his pitch-black costume that is currently unusable in MK 2011 but can be seen during the hidden fight
- Friendships, More stages with stage fatalities, Brutalities, THE WHOLE SHEBANG
- Trash the story mode and the challenge tower, trash the coins and the krypt. If koins are kept, make them useful. As of now they have no use once you buy everything.
- No more guest characters, Only Freddy remains but he must have the Robert England costume and face. The current Freddy is an imposter that shouldn't be in the game, there is only one Freddy and he is Robert Englund.

Thats all I could think of for now.

Honestly I just want:

-a versuz mode against the AI (tag team, and 1v1), and choosing the difficulty
- ghost battles, tag ghost battles, and being able to get other players ghost...to face them
- better AI on hard and expert (so they can actually do xray, 1 bar, wall, and bnb combos for each character...maybe even setups and frame traps)

Everything else has pretty much been suggested, so yeah.

- A training mode with a proper record function and 'memory,' so I don't have to set meter to full every time I start it etc.
- Ability to search online games via region
- MK9 style story mode again
- (maybe) 2d hitboxes
- Frost

At least one "quick fatality" per character, where the animation takes 2-5 seconds, not 20sec.
This too.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
- Decent training mode
- Netcode written by people, not drunken monkeys
- Removal of stance change
- MK10 should register the down button
- Frost
- Eduard Khil to voice the victory announcement after a babality.

HangNail

TrevarThePastor
If NRS is going to make an MK10 i hope its worthwhile just not an UMK9. This can include:

1.Updated and longer story mode and characters corresponding to the updated story (so MK10 will be MK1 - MK4 and with every/most character from each)
2. More in depth training
3. Tag KOTH matches
4. Online tournament mode
5. CO-op tag team (so online tag ladder and 2 online players on 1 tag team)
6. Fix the netcode
7. Alternate Xrays (button combos or selectable from beginning)
8. more costumes and they shouldnt affect the gameplay (I.E human cyrax)
Thats all i can think of right now lol :eek:

Zebster

How's my volume?
Do alternate colors better so they can be told apart from each other better.
Simplest and most effective way to do this is to change any black parts of a costume white and vice versa. I would suggest doing the same thing you do with Liu and Johnny and change certain colors but that wouldn't work for characters like the ninjas who are all partly defined by their color so go with inverting white and black colors.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
I'm not going through every page on this thread, but for me:
-a REMATCH option for online 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 play, I just hate going through character selection over and over when fighting friends online...
-for the rest, ask top players to test the game during production.
-update the AI constantly with the most recent combo's found
-better training mode

but with the rematch option I would be more then pleased...