What's new

MK HD Arcade Kollection

BeRB

Noob
Those are both fakes. They arent screenshots from the alleged MKHD compilation, but rather fan made hoaxes.

No real screen shot of any kind has ever been seen from this so called MKHD.

Awh cause the scorpion one is masturbation worthy.

Fucking hoax assholes! :mad:

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
So if this game is a hoax, why would all these retailers allow pre-orders? That would just be strange to me.

I certainly hope the HD Kollection is real. I don't care if it's in 3D or not, though. Heh heh, that's probably why it's delayed; they can't get the 3D effects to work right XD

BeRB

Noob
So if this game is a hoax, why would all these retailers allow pre-orders? That would just be strange to me.

I certainly hope the HD Kollection is real. I don't care if it's in 3D or not, though. Heh heh, that's probably why it's delayed; they can't get the 3D effects to work right XD

But wouldn't they have trouble reusing games from when they worked for midway? Isn't that the reason UMK3 Got pulled from XBL? But if that's true why is MKII, On PSN this shit confuses me.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Ah. That could definitely be why. They're owned by WB now, right? Maybe WB shut down the project, or maybe it's just back in some sort of negotiation phase or quality control.

Hard to tell until some legit news is put out there.

Dark_Rob

Noob

The game itself may not be a hoax. I was referring to the fan made sceenshots BERB posted as hoaxes. Whether the game itself becomes a reality is yet to be known.
Tim Static believes it is for real and that we will still see it somewhere down the line. Tim has a way of knowing these things before the rest of us do, so Im still hopeful. :)

But wouldn't they have trouble reusing games from when they worked for midway? Isn't that the reason UMK3 Got pulled from XBL? But if that's true why is MKII, On PSN this shit confuses me.
Nah, when they bought Midway they gained all rights to the old games. They most likely took UMK down with a plan to re-release without the midway branding and never went through with it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Nah, when they bought Midway they gained all rights to the old games. They most likely took UMK down with a plan to re-release without the midway branding and never went through with it.
http://twitter.com/Tim_Static/status/22127206016753664

static said:
@MK_MortalKombat Has there been an explanation for why UMk3 was pulled from XBLA? We blew up UMK3 in 2010 and people want it. Badly. #umk3
http://twitter.com/MK_MortalKombat/status/22128101039280128

MK_MortalKombat said:
@Tim_Static There is no easy answer to that question.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I'm sure they want to get it back up on XBLA just like they want to get all their other games up. I think about 10 games total were removed from XBLA because of these rights issues and AFAIK none were removed from PSN.

dreemernj

Ambassador
The online stores that still list MK HD Kollection seem to have updated to 3/31/2011 for a release date, but they could just automatically advance release dates in lieu of a hard date.

Tim Static

Adminerator
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Save yourself the $10 and absolutely don't buy it. The online is ATROCIOUS. Not even remotely comparable to the UMK3 on Xbox 360 that we're used to. Sorry to bump an old thread, but I didn't know where else to post this. I am livid that this collection is such a steaming pile of shit, but I guess I should have played the demo first.
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/08/31/mortal-kombat-arcade-kollection-is-unplayable-online/
The MK HD Arcade Kollection project was cancelled a long while back FYI.

This new MKAK, yea well, its got lots of problems.