What's new

List Your Top 5 / Bottom 5 Traits.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Lex's trait bad? Somebody's never had a corp charging Lex wrecking their day and then setting up orbs. Good luck startin' and keepin' any offense going against someone who knows how to use his traight. Dude interrupts your day all day.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Lex's trait bad? Somebody's never had a corp charging Lex wrecking their day and then setting up orbs. Good luck startin' and keepin' any offense going against someone who knows how to use his traight. Dude interrupts your day all day.
I know. I haven't met too many Lex online. But I really hate him in the Star Labs especially with conditions. His trait makes my life hell!

shaowebb

I know. I haven't met too many Lex online. But I really hate him in the Star Labs especially with conditions. His trait makes my life hell!
I ran into one when I was using my Green Arrow online and going for corner high low mixup pressure. Green Arrow is GODLIKE in the corner with that high low game of his that is so safe, but corp charge wakeup and him getting to setup his armor ruined me getting him back into the corner with my stuff. Dude is scary as hell in the right hands. Folks are definitely sleeping on a scary character IMO with Lex Luthor. Dem orbs and dat armor together with his tools for controlling space...scary.

It's amusing this person says Lex's trait would be fixed if it absorbed two hits. The power of Lex's trait is how low the cooldown is compared to someone like Doomsday.

I do like the ideas on how to address the other traits, but I have to disagree about Lex.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Lex's trait bottom 5? Hell no!

Killer Frost's is pretty low tier. Harley's trait is pretty bad, as it's 100% random what you get, so you're not always getting what exactly you want. The buffs aren't really major, either.
Agree on Lex/Harly...

However tell me how you feel after you get hit with an EX Grab from Killer Frost, then she finishes filling her trait bar, then you block wrong on the incoming mixup and lose 60% with no meter... that right there is most likely 85-100% you just lost adding in the first combo.

My personal favorites

Green Arrow: Arrows that can be shot in any direction and plus on block. They can also be used to mix up and make the opponent fuzzy guard, since his jump D+F arrow hits overhead(this is awesome with the freeze arrow). Not to mention he has arrows for zoning, pressure, and just about any situation. This character in general is highly dangerous.

Aquaman: A trait that craps on your strings and gives him a free block, enough said.

Batman: Bats that can be used to zone, rush in and start pressure, extend combos, anti air, keep you out, and just about anything. When the bats are out, you immediately think "Crap!"

Grundy: An unclashable command throw that can be meter burned to make it invincible and causes some decent damage when chained. This command throw can't be ducked either and has insane priority and pretty fast startup.

Bane: This characters trait is insane when used properly. When he knocks you down the wakeup nightmare games begin, and when you see that venom pumping, you start panicking. He can crap on your wakeip attacks and get you into a brutal guessing game. Command grab? F2-D BF2 F2 cancel? Also, his level three makes him immune to PROJECTILES!

Nightwing: A staff that has huge reach from mid range and a ground tracking projectile. This trait can actually change a matchup IMO. You can keep some characters at bay that lack good advancing normals and footsies. His 1f1 is godlike and plus on block, can also be hitconfirmed into a nasty combo. Has an overhead, and an untechable D3. In the corner this staff is brutal. And the ping ping sound is so awesome.

Doomsday: Doomsday gives no f#%$!s, he's getting in and theres nothing you can do about it.

Lex Luthor: If you let him activate that trait, the setups and screen control begin. Good luck getting passed mid screen.

I've experienced this exact scenario and there was nothing I could do. It's really hard to pressure Bruce on wakeup, that corp charge is so fast and has a ridiculous vertical hitbox, I don't think you can jump over it. I got blown up for trying that lol. When he sets up that mine on the floor and starts controlling the screen with the orbs, you feel helpless.

i main batman, im 275/60 as things stand i use his trait to the full potential, and deathstroke zoners and spammers i eat for breakfast with this trait, plus his gliding jump is overlooked that is incredibly useful he has everything really including parry, top tier,

2 for me is grundy i love that ryhme and it was an ingenious idea, having a power and health and cant remember the other.

good lex player can really use his to maximum advantage,

catwomans is great for a combo ender, plus you can use it from backfoward 2, as there stunned,

supermans is good as you can link it into your combos, from forward 2 3 trait,

but batmans is pretty unstoppable,

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
i main batman, im 275/60 as things stand i use his trait to the full potential, and deathstroke zoners and spammers i eat for breakfast with this trait, plus his gliding jump is overlooked that is incredibly useful he has everything really including parry, top tier,

2 for me is grundy i love that ryhme and it was an ingenious idea, having a power and health and cant remember the other.

good lex player can really use his to maximum advantage,

catwomans is great for a combo ender, plus you can use it from backfoward 2, as there stunned,

supermans is good as you can link it into your combos, from forward 2 3 trait,

but batmans is pretty unstoppable,
Yeah I am really glad Batman has one of the top traits. You cant go wrong with it. I have been practicing him in anticipation of what will hopefully be batgirls skin. Hope they turn the trait pink instead of blue. Also if you can hit confirm a bat, you can immediately super off of it across the map. Although they usually block the bats unless they are zoning.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Top 5 - Honorable mentions Green lantern, Green Arrow, Black Adam and Bane
1. Aquaman
2. Batman
3. Superman
4. Doomsday
5. Flash

Bottom 5 - HMs Cyborg, Wonder Woman ( Only cause laso seems way better than S&S),
1. Joker
2. Harley Quin
3. Catwoman
4. Lex Luthor
5. Deathstroke

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Yeah I am really glad Batman has one of the top traits. You cant go wrong with it. I have been practicing him in anticipation of what will hopefully be batgirls skin. Hope they turn the trait pink instead of blue. Also if you can hit confirm a bat, you can immediately super off of it across the map. Although they usually block the bats unless they are zoning.
Do you think if Batgirl is a skin for Batman instead, we would get a different DLC character? As of now, the rumors I know are Zod, Batgirl and Scorpion.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Top 5 - Honorable mentions Green lantern, Green Arrow, Black Adam and Bane
1. Aquaman
2. Batman
3. Superman
4. Doomsday
5. Flash

Bottom 5 - HMs Cyborg, Wonder Woman ( Only cause laso seems way better than S&S),
1. Joker
2. Harley Quin
3. Catwoman
4. Lex Luthor
5. Deathstroke
Cyborg as an honorable mention? You mean a REALLY honorable mention don't you?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I never been a fan of characters having abilities to heal themselves, felt like a missed opportunity to me. But I didn't think it'd be worse than some characters.
I am just saying that his is probably the worst. The others at least have advantages in certain situations.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
I am just saying that his is probably the worst. The others at least have advantages in certain situations.
OH lol I actually thought you were trying to defend it. I thought since it's special cancelable and dash cancelable it might have some use but I never even seen a cyborg play. But I get what you're saying now

shaowebb

Lol at all the Lex trait bottom 5 folks. Sets up free setups and punishes. Its not supposed to blow through stuff like venom or doomsday. Its meant to give him free screen control and pressure setups. All his combos should end in it to start his next series of mixups and pressure. You just cant throw it out raw is all.