What's new

List Your Top 5 / Bottom 5 Traits.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Which traits do you guys think are the best in the game as of now? Which are the worst?

Top 5
1.Aquaman -who does not like a free
meter less breaker?

2.Batman- great way to get in and start pressure.

3. Black Adam - free damage!

4. Green Arrow- plus on block and great for mix ups as well as frame traps.

5. Flash- makes it easier to open up ppl and get in.

Bottom 5
1. Joker - does a lil bit of damage. Not easy to get. Once you do get one. The buff goes away really quick or when you get hit so opponent has no need to fear it.

2. Deathstroke? - never seen anyone use it. Heard its terrible on start up.

3. Lex - start up is bad. And easily gets beat out.

4. ???

5.???

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Which traits do you guys think are the best in the game as of now? Which are the worst?

Top 5
meter less breaker?

Bottom 5
1. Joker - does a lil bit of damage. Not easy to get. Once you do get one. The buff goes away really quick or when you get hit so opponent has no need to fear it.

4. ???

5.???
Lex's is super super good in setups. You can end combos in like 113 xx Trait > Dash forward and then you have armor for a jump in which is obviously really hard to deal with since most people don't have multi hit AAs.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
shazams is 100% bottom 5. can only activate it safely during one string. gives more punching power, shazam only has a few combos with punches and the main one can only be used in the corner.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Lex's trait bottom 5? Hell no!

Killer Frost's is pretty low tier. Harley's trait is pretty bad, as it's 100% random what you get, so you're not always getting what exactly you want. The buffs aren't really major, either.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I honestly think Nightwing and Wonder Woman have some of the worst traits. I just find that his Escrima and her Lasso are generally better.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Top 5
meter less breaker?

Bottom 5

4. ???

5.???
jokers is the worst

the speed buff is designed to help him get away faster which is SHIT, he should keep it permanently up to lvl2

also why make someones trait a parry when other chars also have more damaging parries and actually are faster and better combined with traits and abilities.

someone like joker with a parry = meh

someone like batman with a parry = crazy offense, ridiculous defense.

Lex's trait bottom 5? Hell no!

Killer Frost's is pretty low tier. Harley's trait is pretty bad, as it's 100% random what you get, so you're not always getting what exactly you want. The buffs aren't really major, either.
KF trait can get you 50+% meterless off a slide and a million u3.

Matix218

Get over here!
Aquaman, Batman, Green Arrow, Black Adam are best that come to mind at this stage of the game.

I don't know enough about the game yet to say which are bad lol

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I honestly think Nightwing and Wonder Woman have some of the worst traits. I just find that his Escrima and her Lasso are generally better.
You on PSN or XBL? If your on PSN hit up Guamo (might have his name spelled wrong) that guys Nightwing is sick and he will show how much power that staff really has. I used to think his escrima sticks were better but that was before i fought him and seen that staff tech.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Best.
1. Batman
2. Aquaman
3. Black Adam
4. Doomsday
5. Lex

*Wanted to put NW here but its a weapon...?

Worst
1. Cyborg
2. Harley
3. Joker
4. Shazam
5. ...dont know
I wouldn't underrate Shazam's trait yet. It's actually really scary.

Cyborg #1 worst easy peasy.

Also does Grundy's not count? His is obviously super good.

Catwoman is also bottom 5 to me. IDK any situations where it gets you more than like 5% every once and a while.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Yeah, I disagree with Lex's trait being bottom 5. It's just not the sort of move to randomly use in the middle of a match.

batman does get good pressure off of his traits, but this game is about 50/50's and not pressure like mk. batman doesnt really have a low overhead mixup so pressure is only going to get you so far.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Best.
1. Batman
2. Aquaman
3. Black Adam
4. Doomsday
5. Lex

*Wanted to put NW here but its a weapon...?

Worst
1. Cyborg
2. Harley
3. Joker
4. Shazam
5. ...dont know
I agree with cyborgs man...it is like Quanchi's skeletal boost bad...except at least you can dash cancel out of it.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I nominate Batman for best trait. Let's rattle off a few of the uses here.

1.) Zoning. A tracking projectile to supplement a 2-hit standard projectile and an upward projectile. Awesome.
2.) Safety. Do something unsafe? Bats make you safe and potentially lead to a full combo punish.
3.) Combo starter from full screen. You can hitconfirm these little bastards using your grappling hook from anywhere and can use normals up close.
4.) One of the few good AAs in this game. With all 3 bats you get KL spin.

I mean the versatility of this trait alone is immense. At least with Aquaman you can do stuff to launch him early or do throw setups.... but a smart Batman with these bats... it's a whole other level.

For worst I nominate two:

Shazam - Only powers up punches and he's a grappler whose best strings are kicks. His best setup for the trait sacrifices like 37% free damage for a gamble. Huge damage corner combos are a little situational and you can't cancel into and out of this one instantly like you can other traits.

Wonder Woman - There is still nothing to make me believe SS isn't completely outclassed by Lasso. Lasso has range, airdash, a parry for projectiles and normals, solid frame traps... I mean, SS isn't god awful but Lasso's tools are godlike.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Grundy's trait is unclashable after the initial grapple.
that alone makes it top 5 easily.

His trait has no drawbacks..... and gives him TWO good things. Top 2.