What's new

Last Thread of Hope for Rain

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Ugh, rain and his ridiculous princess jasmine costume and stupid "kick you around the world" move are in but Noob and his shadow ninja badassery are nowhere to be seen? Hoping it's not the case.

JDM

Noob
I hope he's in but i highly doubt it honestly. He was shown so quickly that I didn't even notice it the first time i watched it

He will be my main along with reptile and fujin if they are in, but I'm not holding my breath unfortunately

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I have a feeling he won't be in the initial roster. Just because they have a new model doesn't mean it's a fleshed out character yet. Motaro was in the MK9 story for a second and he didn't actually appear in game. We don't know how much time Rain has in the story.

What I'm upset about is no Smoke yet. Maybe there will be a leftover ninja DLC pack.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I hope he's in but i highly doubt it honestly. He was shown so quickly that I didn't even notice it the first time i watched it

He will be my main along with reptile and fujin if they are in, but I'm not holding my breath unfortunately
I wouldn't let that discourage you. The Injustice story trailer showed off a glimpse of Black Adam in his alternate far before he was announced. He was so small in the shot he was in, that you couldn't tell who the hell it was. Knowing NRS, if they're glimpsed in the trailer and they aren't the most obvious NPC looking designs, they're playable.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I have a feeling he won't be in the initial roster. Just because they have a new model doesn't mean it's a fleshed out character yet. Motaro was in the MK9 story for a second and he didn't actually appear in game. We don't know how much time Rain has in the story.

What I'm upset about is no Smoke yet. Maybe there will be a leftover ninja DLC pack.
Yes, Motaro did appear as an NPC in MK9, but never in advertised materials, nor did he really do anything to further the plot besides be retconned.
Rain is a far more detailed character model, that kicks Kotal Kahn off a cliff in a story trailer. That has to count for something.

JDM

Noob
I wouldn't let that discourage you. The Injustice story trailer showed off a glimpse of Black Adam in his alternate far before he was announced. He was so small in the shot he was in, that you couldn't tell who the hell it was. Knowing NRS, if they're glimpsed in the trailer and they aren't the most obvious NPC looking designs, they're playable.
I sure hope so. I'm kinda being purposely negative so if he's not in i wont be as disappointed

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Jasmine did get a fancy new costume, and Mileena is kinda lacking in fodder bad guys you have to fight before she gets thrown into Kotals dungeon.

If both Rain and Erron Black are competing for the spot, my money would be on Black. But his cameo is so blink and you'll miss it, Boon might not even count it for the 5.

Dark

Noob
Water forming on the ground... RAIN DOE?

There's also a wanted poster for Mileena on the left.

Nice! Weird, I was also about to post this. It's honestly looking really good for Rain. Never did I think RAIN would actually have a chance, I thought Netherrealm disliked him and Ed's many Prince tweets were just to fuck with people. I'm really excited about this, just hope I'm not let down.

And anyone else been watching this trailer over and over again in their free time? Is there something wrong with me?

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Nice! Weird, I was also about to post this. It's honestly looking really good for Rain. Never did I think RAIN would actually have a chance, I thought Netherrealm disliked him and Ed's many Prince tweets were just to fuck with people. I'm really excited about this, just hope I'm not let down.

And anyone else been watching this trailer over and over again in their free time? Is there something wrong with me?
All of this post is the damn truth.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Sindel is literally just her MK9 model with extra evil effects thrown on it(they didn't even fix her hair lololol)
This. I'm not sure why people think this is a new model. LOOK at her face, head and especially the hair! That's a copy/paste job. I personally would love to see Sindel back, but that is not a new model.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
If both Rain and Erron Black are competing for the spot, my money would be on Black. But his cameo is so blink and you'll miss it, Boon might not even count it for the 5.
User LinKueiLegend pointed out some evidence that might solidify Erron Black as playable.

If you notice in the top photo, Erron does not have anything on his back. In the bottom pic, there is a rifle butt coming up behind his left shoulder. This could signify a different Variation, as similar differences are spotted in the costumes for other confirmed playable characters. Thanks @LinKueiLegend for the theory.

mkkevin

Noob
Like everyone else, I want him in but there's a very very very small voice in my head that is saying that he won't be playable. Idk but I rather not get my hopes up. In the trailer we also see Baraka and he appears to wear his MKD costume. This looks an updated version of Rain's MKA costume... Maybe NRS is updating some costumes but I guess.

Dark

Noob
Like everyone else, I want him in but there's a very very very small voice in my head that is saying that he won't be playable. Idk but I rather not get my hopes up. In the trailer we also see Baraka and he appears to wear his MKD costume. This looks an updated version of Rain's MKA costume... Maybe NRS is updating some costumes but I guess.
It's a lot different than his MKA costume. The only thing similar is a little bit of the mask and hair.

For anyone obsessed with Rain or anyone who wants to see the detail in his costume: http://imgur.com/a/hts3K

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
I'm going to go out on a limb here and not only state that Rain is playable, but has a major roll to play. As part of..

Raileena

Think about it. These two characters have a lot in common. Let's run through the details, as well as why Mileena is clearly using Reiko in the comics:

- Rain and Mileena are both half-edenian.
- They both have a high sense of self importance, which while some people think that clashes, it actually has potential to reinforce one another too.
- They both are willing to do whatever it takes to win power and glory. Similar to the previous point, I admit.
- Look at their outfits. Rain's outfit in this game looks like a mash up between Deception Mileena and Armegeddon Rain. Am I insane to think this?

+

=

Why would Mileena give a tenth of a damn about Reiko, who is being super clumsy and obvious about how little he cares about using her in the comics? Consider the comics are around the 15 year mark, while most of the trailer is clearly in the 25 year mark.

I know this is totally un-verifiable speculation, but it feels so awesome that I can't help but make the supposition. Rain is in, and he's IN. For realz. :joker:

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Makes me think that Baraka has a chance too, because as far as we know there's nobody on Mileena's side yet except Rain.

And Baraka's one of the most logical choices out there.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea I also think Rain is in but for diff reasons. Earlier I said I doubt a non playable NPC is gonna be kicking the most pushed new character and Emperor off of the roof.

Also, he's part of a crew. The 4 young chars are playable. Kotal, D'Vorah, Ferra/Torr, and Reptile all are playable. Then there's Mileena and who?? Reiko was missing altogether, Goro is armless and a DLC, and there's Rain.

Just like Reptile will be taking beat downs in the story for Kotal Kahn, somebody has to take the beatings before you fight Mileena from her team.

Enter Rain.

Dark

Noob
Makes me think that Baraka has a chance too, because as far as we know there's nobody on Mileena's side yet except Rain.

And Baraka's one of the most logical choices out there.
This is true. Honestly, after this trailer, I think the roster is going to be quite a bit larger than 24. You're kidding yourself if you think nobody on Mileena's side will be playable, and this game actually has a very low amount of villains, the entire game can't just be drama between two "neutral/not-totally-evil" sides.

Out of Rain, Baraka, and Reiko. At least one of them HAS to be playable, and only one of them would also be pretty odd. In the story we have Special Forces, Black Dragon, and Kotal's group all against Mileena. Who the hell would they fight on the way to Mileena if no one is with her?

For the roster..:
We have the already confirmed or very obvious characters: (It's debatable, but in my opinion these are definitely in)
  1. Sub Zero
  2. Scorpion
  3. Raiden
  4. Quan Chi
  5. Cassie Cage
  6. Kotal Kahn
  7. Kano
  8. Reptile
  9. Kung Lao
  10. Kitana
  11. Ferra/Torr
  12. D’Vorah
  13. Ermac
  14. Sonya Blade
  15. Jax
  16. Mileena
  17. Johnny Cage
  18. Erron Black
  19. Kung Jin
  20. Takahashi Takeda
  21. Jacqui Briggs
Then we have characters that are also very likely to be in:

1. Rain -Mileena jobber
  2. Shinnok -Would be very surprised if he wasn't unlockable, was playable in every game he was in
  3. Liu Kang -voice actor confirmed him to at least be in the game in some form
  4. New (Ron Tan Cho) -The rest of the casting call were playable characters
  5. Bo Rai Cho -The rest of the casting call were playable characters
  6. Kenshi -Based on Ed's tweet a while back, this one might be wrong
  7. Baraka -Mileena jobber
  8. Reiko -Possible Mileena jobber, Possible bigger story importance
I see at the very minimum 25 characters, if we remove 2 Mileena jobbers, one of either Shinnok or Liu Kang because of unplayable boss possibility, and Kenshi.

And potentially 29+ characters.

Man, I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. But this honestly seems extremely realistic to me.