What's new

Last Thread of Hope for Rain

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yea I also think Rain is in but for diff reasons. Earlier I said I doubt a non playable NPC is gonna be kicking the most pushed new character and Emperor off of the roof.

Also, he's part of a crew. The 4 young chars are playable. Kotal, D'Vorah, Ferra/Torr, and Reptile all are playable. Then there's Mileena and who?? Reiko was missing altogether, Goro is armless and a DLC, and there's Rain.

Just like Reptile will be taking beat downs in the story for Kotal Kahn, somebody has to take the beatings before you fight Mileena from her team.

Enter Rain.

I completely agree.

That said, I think Ermac will be on her side at first, then defect to Kotal.

This is going off of how inconsistent his intro dialogue is in terms of standings and morality

User LinKueiLegend pointed out some evidence that might solidify Erron Black as playable.
If you notice in the top photo, Erron does not have anything on his back. In the bottom pic, there is a rifle butt coming up behind his left shoulder. This could signify a different Variation, as similar differences are spotted in the costumes for other confirmed playable characters. Thanks @LinKueiLegend for the theory.
Awesome catch, I was thinking similarly but shrugged it off until I notice it with other characters.

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
I hope Rain's in for a friend, he adores him.

Personally, since his tower assist and then his comic appearance I knew he'd make the game in some form but I doubt him being playable.

Jordy

Noob
even if rain is 1 of the best char i could ask for to be in mkx i have to admit i think he wont be playable. like sindel the look is really similar to mka and not detailed like others playable ones. also all the tweets bout him on ed's twitter make me think it would be too obvious to see him in the roster. anyway, finger crossed he'll be playable!

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
User LinKueiLegend pointed out some evidence that might solidify Erron Black as playable.

If you notice in the top photo, Erron does not have anything on his back. In the bottom pic, there is a rifle butt coming up behind his left shoulder. This could signify a different Variation, as similar differences are spotted in the costumes for other confirmed playable characters. Thanks @LinKueiLegend for the theory.
Anytime my friend!

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
even if rain is 1 of the best char i could ask for to be in mkx i have to admit i think he wont be playable. like sindel the look is really similar to mka and not detailed like others playable ones. also all the tweets bout him on ed's twitter make me think it would be too obvious to see him in the roster. anyway, finger crossed he'll be playable!
I honestly do believe that he will be playable. Though his costume is similar to his MKA outfit it still isn't the same. Now let's look at Sindel. Same exact outfit as MK9 but with the veins and all that. Why give a character a new look just to be in story mode and not playable. That'd be a waste in my opinion.

SenSx

Noob
Not enough detailed ?
I found Rain more detailed than Erron Black in that trailer lol

Last edited:

Colares

Noob
I want him to be in but I think the dropkick is from before the comics when MIleena is getting kicked out of the throne.
But since the story is around the youngsI hope I'm wrong.
There's also no one from Mileena's side so Reiko or Rain might be in.
I'm counfused as you can see.
I can already see the roundhouse brutalilty with the head flying around and hitting the body.

Dark

Noob
I want him to be in but I think the dropkick is from before the comics when MIleena is getting kicked out of the throne.
But since the story is around the youngsI hope I'm wrong.
There's also no one from Mileena's side so Reiko or Rain might be in.
I'm counfused as you can see.
I can already see the roundhouse brutalilty with the head flying around and hitting the body.
He can still be even if he is dead by the 25yr time. But I don't think he is, the shot with Mileena and Kotal facing off with what seems to be water forming or deforming in the background has the chariot type thing that Kotal and Kano were talking in at the 25yr period.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I am far more confident in him being playable. The costume isn't that similar to his MKA outfit, aside from the ponytail and crown sort of thing going on. With Sindel, she's actually using her MK9 character model. Rain, however is using a unique character model, that someone in the art department spent time modeling and designing for what I think is a greater purpose than to be a NPC. I also think he is very detailed, his costume almost intricate detailing that is equal in terms to anyone else the trailer showed off.

We'll see come April 14th, (hopefully earlier), :)

Last edited:

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
There's this guy on Twitter that keeps posting info about MKX, and if I'm not mistaken, he's the same guy that leaked that pic of Jax's Jacket before those pics were leaked. He said that Rain would show up in the trailer, and he did. He also said that Johnny Cage would be playable (I'm not so sure about that though) and Adam Urbano accidentally confirmed him. There were A LOT of people asking about Rain being a playable character, and he said that his source (which he also calls ''little birdie'' or ''insider") told him that Rain will be playable, he has a cool costume, variations etc. And I, as a Rain fan like many, got very excited, but it was a bit suspicious at first because the guy wasn't sure about it, he was basically confirming and speculating afterwards. But today he said that he misread the text message and got correct info from the ''insider'' and Rain will NOT be a playable character, he'll be just a NPC involved in the story. That was TOO suspicious and I was wondering where he really got that ''cool costume and variations" info from, because how could he have read that wrong?! His excuse was ''I misread it from a different character''. I seriously don't know what to believe anymore. Anyway, if he's indeed right, I don't understand why NRS would make Rain a NPC.

1. There's never been anyone that was in the story of MK9 that wasn't playable. Skarlet showed up in some scenes, but she was DLC. The bad news is that it's been confirmed that none of the DLC characters in MK9 would be DLC again in MKX, so if Rain isn't in the roster, he'll never be in the game at all.
2. Why would they give such a detailed costume for a NPC?
3. Why did a NPC dropkick Kotal Kahn, who will most likely be one of the main characters in the story, off that building?

I'd like to know what you guys think about the possibility of the edenian prince making a comeback to armored-roundhouse some asses out there...

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
There's this guy on Twitter that keeps posting info about MKX, and if I'm not mistaken, he's the same guy that leaked that pic of Jax's Jacket before those pics were leaked. He said that Rain would show up in the trailer, and he did. He also said that Johnny Cage would be playable (I'm not so sure about that though) and Adam Urbano accidentally confirmed him. There were A LOT of people asking about Rain being a playable character, and he said that his source (which he also calls ''little birdie'' or ''insider") told him that Rain will be playable, he has a cool costume, variations etc. And I, as a Rain fan like many, got very excited, but it was a bit suspicious at first because the guy wasn't sure about it, he was basically confirming and speculating afterwards. But today he said that he misread the text message and got correct info from the ''insider'' and Rain will NOT be a playable character, he'll be just a NPC involved in the story. That was TOO suspicious and I was wondering where he really got that ''cool costume and variations" info from, because how could he have read that wrong?! His excuse was ''I misread it from a different character''. I seriously don't know what to believe anymore. Anyway, if he's indeed right, I don't understand why NRS would make Rain a NPC.

1. There's never been anyone that was in the story of MK9 that wasn't playable. Skarlet showed up in some scenes, but she was DLC. The bad news is that it's been confirmed that none of the DLC characters in MK9 would be DLC again in MKX, so if Rain isn't in the roster, he'll never be in the game at all.
2. Why would they give such a detailed costume for a NPC?
3. Why did a NPC dropkick Kotal Kahn, who will most likely be one of the main characters in the story, off that building?

I'd like to know what you guys think about the possibility of the edenian prince making a comeback to armored-roundhouse some asses out there...
Other people who have leaked correct info have maintained that rain is a npc... Also that this time there will be more npcs... He was the only one saying playable so if he is going back on it I'd believe it..

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
That sucks. :(
I agree.. I would like any added charcter really.. But I recall something about rain being the least selling dlc last time so maybe that's it.. Also could have been skarlett but he wasn't top 2 for sure.. At least he has a part in the game and comic maybe could get more of a following

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
his costume is not detailed, actually its his MKA costume, he appeared in the comics of MKX and he's working with Mileena, you never know what's going to happen

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I agree.. I would like any added charcter really.. But I recall something about rain being the least selling dlc last time so maybe that's it.. Also could have been skarlett but he wasn't top 2 for sure.. At least he has a part in the game and comic maybe could get more of a following
He was and still is one of the most underrated characters in MK, so I wouldn't be surprised. People like to overlook him just because he was a joke character, but Rain has fans too.