What's new

Last Thread of Hope for Rain

Sindel is literally just her MK9 model with extra evil effects thrown on it(they didn't even fix her hair lololol), and Shinnok could easily just be a non-playable boss like Shao Kahn in MK9.

Not only are the comics a prequel, Rain didn't die there.
I dunno, man, the designs on her attire seem pretty different to me. Her hair does as well. Shinnok I'm gonna be adamant about. If he's not playable, it'll kill so much hype for me. He has to be playable, there's too much potential for his Variations and Fatalities.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Yeah I was wondering about who the hell is playable and on Mileenas side... All of Kotals crew is playable it seems... She has Rain, Reiko, Goro and the red dragons who all we know of is Mavado...
Beside Goro who is not "in the base game" she has nobody beside Rain even hinted at...
I know she just got shown herself but damn... Unless everyone jumps to her side.. At least Rain has to be there... Seems weird... Maybe she joins the brotherhood...

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I'm on the "Rain confirmed" side the fence here. I mean, if they were to go out of there way to detail a non-playable character that much and not have them be playable would fry my brain. Same deal with Shinnok and Sindel.
Hmm what if there are unlocked through the game Like old times before dlc. This would be cool also don't forget about the krypt.

Saint Op Omen

Hmm what if there are unlocked through the game Like old times before dlc. This would be cool also don't forget about the krypt.
Ah yes the olden times of 2011...
Yeah they will probably hide someone..
We also don't really know of how many spots there really are... As it was a as many as we can do type thing..
DLC wise we got 6 in IGAU the last 2 prettymuch by asking repeatedly... So never give up hope

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Sindel is literally just her MK9 model with extra evil effects thrown on it(they didn't even fix her hair lololol).
actually...her hair does have more flowing pieces that frame her face that were not present in Mk9. her facial structure is also different. Her body frame is also much slimmer, her boobs are much more contained and she is now sporting a really long choker of sorts around her neck. it looks similar to D'vorah's neck actually. her lower body is also less revealing and her outfit doesn't go down as low along her obliques. It's definitely a classic similar Mk9 look but a totally different character model.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
That would still make him her bitch. He'll do whatever she wants, a.k.a. her bitch.
*sigh* Only in the "ride or die" sense then.

actually...her hair does have more flowing pieces that frame her face that were not present in Mk9. her facial structure is also different. Her body frame is also much slimmer, her boobs are much more contained and she is now sporting a really long choker of sorts around her neck. it looks similar to D'vorah's neck actually. her lower body is also less revealing and her outfit doesn't go down as low along her obliques. It's definitely a classic similar Mk9 look but a totally different character model.
Don't forget that she now has fishnet sleeves covering her arms.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think he is in, not just because the new costume but because he participate in the story by kicking Kotal out of the roof. And he will be great in MKX :cool:.

Saint Op Omen

It's a cross between her main and alt... Her alt had all the and the fishnets.. They combined the two old ones to look new...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I say he's in just b/c of the whole "He's not dead yet" quote from one of the NRS peeps.

But, honestly, I don't care either way about rain. Has potential being water based to have cool shit, but... he's always been a "meh" character to me.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
No way he's just some background fodder and drop kicking the Emperor off of a roof. By that alone I'd think he's in.

But I also think Shinnok is in. Maybe Shinnok will have to unlocked from being a sub-boss like QC had to be in MK9 and Rain was the 5th reveal.

I doubt Erron Black is in. Just some dude from the comics who has no relevance and says nothing, that no one outside of TYM knows, that just walks around.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
There's no doubt Rain is in but the fact the tweet said "he's not dead yet" might imply he dies in Story Mode (and probably won't be in the roster).

I just want the big bad to be someone really shocking. Someone who we would have never have guessed unless we play Story mode. However, it's probably going to be someone on our list for "Most Likely To be The Big Bad".

I feel like Erron Black will be DLC. He has become popular with the comic readers.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
It's a cross between her main and alt... Her alt had all the and the fishnets.. They combined the two old ones to look new...
the neck piece she is wearing is still very very different. and again her body shape etc. is also different. not saying she is or isn't playing but if I had to guess I'd say she is. They clearly spent time on creating her character model and adjusting it. for what it's worth I believe it is worth noting that her and Rain have a high probability of being in with those things mentioned.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
It could just be a simple* remaster of the characters but I would LOVE it if after the obvious 4 from the Kombat Pass, we get some more DLC options like these guys.

*Regarding what it is, not the process.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
:coffee:
Some dude from the comics..
*Appears in the game that was in development way before the comic *
3/10 for this this troll post. :coffee:
How is it trolling? You didn't state a single fact to refute my point.

Thousands of people know Rain. No one knows Erron Black outside of TYM. So to a casual person watching the trailer they said "oh shit rain kicked the new Emperor off the roof! That Rain is a Boss!" You know what they said about Erron Black? Nothing, because they didn't even notice his 0.5 second walking scene.