What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin Kung Jin General Discussion Thread

I've never posted in here before but im going to reach out and try and help all of the remaining Kung JIns. First off Shaolin is Jins best variation. He can any mix up into the up kick drop kick and keep himself safe, or he can end a mix up into ex chakram and get a combo. The most important thing is to end every combo with the up kick drop kick for the hard knockdown into the following mix ups. Sorry ive posted so little about Kung Jin in here but ill soon be releasing Content( a guide on each variation).

Being a pro I would save everything I know and keep it to urself. Why post a guide in how to beat u?

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
Just picked up ancestral and labbed some combos, are these optimal BNBs for midscreen and corner?
His most optimal stuff is pretty ridiculous to execute imo. Much harder than most bnb's at least.
This was one of the more optimal I have seen (Youphemism posted it I think). You asked for optimal, but I would personally make them slightly easier for a bnb. I think 34 is better for scaling than 221.

Last edited:

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Someone did a 45% meterless corner combo with him, but like Trustypatches said, it's ridiculously difficult to pull off and probably won't be practical in matches.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
His most optimal stuff is pretty ridiculous to execute imo. Much harder than most bnb's at least.
This was one of the more optimal I have seen (Youphemism posted it I think). Hope this helps!
Someone did a 45% meterless corner combo with him, but like Trustypatches said, it's ridiculously difficult to pull off and probably won't be practical in matches.

I meant BNBs, in other words something you pull off 10/10 times in matches. So what I posted is what I should go with? :D

Does anyone know the highest reset combo?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
How do you get the instant air divekick to come out? Is it a trick like Shinnok instant tricky portal?

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
How do you get the instant air divekick to come out? Is it a trick like Shinnok instant tricky portal?
It is easier than it looks,you do not have to be that fast since the dive kick is 5 frames.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
It is easier than it looks,you do not have to be that fast since the dive kick is 5 frames.
Well I can get hellfire scorpions cancel and a list johnny's cancel so I'm sure this is just getting the feel for it but I can't seem to combo it yet .-. Maybe I'm trying too hard.

stamatis

Well I can get hellfire scorpions cancel and a list johnny's cancel so I'm sure this is just getting the feel for it but I can't seem to combo it yet .-. Maybe I'm trying too hard.
Listen,Johnny's cancels are harder than this one for sure:D,the only thing I can think of is that you wait until sou see jin jump and then you try the dive kick,this is not going to happen,jin's jump is awufull.
Once you press up,perform the dive kick.
Trust your fingers and not your eyes;).

What advantage does it give you over shaolin the only advantage I see is the armoured launcher but I think that shaolin is better in every other way
Yh, i think its still good. Better damage and better armor. The only con with it is that u cant safely use the overhead without meter.

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
Yh, i think its still good. Better damage and better armor. The only con with it is that u cant safely use the overhead without meter.
While he gets the armored launcher, he loses some great tools namely the low chakram and the upkick. Bojutsu isnt bad by any means but its biggest downfall would be the unsafe specials and not having a way to get in on good zoners. (Imo)

stamatis

While he gets the armored launcher, he loses some great tools namely the low chakram and the upkick. Bojutsu isnt bad by any means but its biggest downfall would be the unsafe specials and not having a way to get in on good zoners. (Imo)
These are exactly his weaknesses, everything that he will cancel after his strings is punishable,even his ex arrows that are mid will whiff on crouch and his arrow deals 4% damage.Anyway i like him a lot and I think he is still very strong.