What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin Kung Jin General Discussion Thread

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Anyone else is having problems with the Shinnok (Bone Shaper or Impostor) matchup when using Bojutsu? I feel like it's a terrible matchup when your opponent knows what he's doing... I can't find ways to get in because of hell spark and I easily get outdamaged when zoning against his bb gun. Even when you get in, it feels like if Shinnok blocks my mixup, he always end up having the advantage up close with his pressure. He also has great wake ups that hurts KJ's oki game.

I was thinking about switching to Shaolin for this matchup?
Shaolin is better in this matchup imo

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
how do you punish sonya's forward MB dive kick on block with bojutsu?
I don't face her that much online for some reason, but I would recommend any string beginning with 22, as that is his quickest punisher in all variations. On her whiffed divekick, there may be hitbox issues, so I would test it out in the lab

I don't face her that much online for some reason, but I would recommend any string beginning with 22, as that is his quickest punisher in all variations. On her whiffed divekick, there may be hitbox issues, so I would test it out in the lab
her MB dive kick on block let's her move too far away for any of my normals and it seems like it recovers so fast I can't even do the flying kick on time

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
her MB dive kick on block let's her move too far away for any of my normals and it seems like it recovers so fast I can't even do the flying kick on time
Ok, i'm not totally sure, I was thinking about when she whiffs it and has longer recovery since the last patch

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
That is one match where I don't have hardly any experience lol sorry I can't help ya :/
Its cool, ive got someone to grind the matchup with but he is ridiculously good at spacing me out and whiff punishing me lol i really need to work on my spacing.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Yo KJ kommunity, where the match videos? There's no thread and I can't seem to find any discussed here? What's up with that?

P.S.
For real, are there any match videos (recent) that I can check out? Messing with this character and I liked to see him in practice.

Last edited:

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Yo KJ kommunity, where the match videos? There's no thread and I can't seem to find any discussed here? What's up with that?

P.S.
For real, are there any match videos (recent) that I can check out? Messing with this character and I liked to see him in practice.
Match videos? Like tournament matches and stuff? If so, then here's a pretty recent one between Slayer and Hitbox Tyrant:

I've never posted in here before but im going to reach out and try and help all of the remaining Kung JIns. First off Shaolin is Jins best variation. He can any mix up into the up kick drop kick and keep himself safe, or he can end a mix up into ex chakram and get a combo. The most important thing is to end every combo with the up kick drop kick for the hard knockdown into the following mix ups. Sorry ive posted so little about Kung Jin in here but ill soon be releasing Content( a guide on each variation).

I've never posted in here before but im going to reach out and try and help all of the remaining Kung JIns. First off Shaolin is Jins best variation. He can any mix up into the up kick drop kick and keep himself safe, or he can end a mix up into ex chakram and get a combo. The most important thing is to end every combo with the up kick drop kick for the hard knockdown into the following mix ups. Sorry ive posted so little about Kung Jin in here but ill soon be releasing Content( a guide on each variation).
Anything on ancestral or a tip to do that stupid fire arrow Run cancel

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
So what are some of kj bad match ups? I'd like to start working on his tougher MU to find ways to make the best out of them at least.

So what are some of kj bad match ups? I'd like to start working on his tougher MU to find ways to make the best out of them at least.
From my experience scorpion dvorah and kl. Any character with serious pressure gives me a little trouble but it could just be me. I use shaolin

BlackKen

Noob
It's bout time ! Better late than never, tho. So few KJ mains now.
I'ma make some stuff too i've just been so not motivated after gettin bodied by raptor all the time.