Votes: 170 42.0%
  • Sun God

Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters
Has anyone noticed the frame data on EX OH now shows only a 4 frame startup?!? I tried to test it with a buddy, and it definitely did not seem that fast. Liu Kangs b1 broke my armored reversal. And his b1 is 6 frames. Nothing can truly be tested until we take it to the training room, but has anyone else tested this?

kantboy-2

Ripper
Fun little glitch; if you play with water puddle modifier and you do a level 3 grab that throws them into the puddle, they'll stay with the charred, cracked skin effect for the rest of the match until you try to throw them again. :D I did it in all matches of the puddle hourly tower.

Try it and have fun. Torr looks like a lava troll with that skin.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Just wondering if anyone's got any tips on the tremor aftershock mu, this is by far the matchup I have the most trouble with. This and a good zoning quan, can anyone give quick tips to get around their zoning?

Generalbit

I don't know about Quan for this MU but if you are playing non War God you can parry everything but the ground quakes and the air quake does only .5 chip. If you are Blood or even Sun God you can try tanking through it or at least use it to give more openings. You can also parry the rock punch in some of his strings. Challenge with the EX Sun Disc/Sword. Run or use one of Kotal's good forward moving normals to get past up rock(Or parry it). When you are close enough jip the air quake. Pretty sure you can break all his armor with a well timed f1b2 save maybe the flash parry.
Thanks, I'll definitely try this next time. It's just a grind

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Nah that's just the black screen thing. I've been getting that on a lot of my brutalities in the beta too. Not sure if it's a glitch or a new feature.

Excuse me for my ignorance, but I would like a stupid question of mine answered.
Is Kotal a rushdown character? At least in some aspect?
Kotal is THE rushdown character lol.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Nah that's just the black screen thing. I've been getting that on a lot of my brutalities in the beta too. Not sure if it's a glitch or a new feature.

Kotal is THE rushdown character lol.
I've had the game since day one but I have a hard time categorizing characters.
Cool, the transition to Bo' Rai Cho will be easy then. Thanks man.

REYTHEGREAT

Excuse me for my ignorance, but I would like a stupid question of mine answered.
Is Kotal a rushdown character? At least in some aspect?
i personally dont think hes a rushdown character. To me, a rushdown character is someone like Johnny Cage, Sonya or Cassie. They have a good mix of save moves and 50/50 mix up. Kotal Khan is like a midrange type character. At least how i play him. I will only rush whenever i get a hard knocked down or when i see the opportunity .

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I know this is a bit early but whats everybodys thoughts on the DLC matchups. Not looking very good againts sektor if you ask me

Generalbit

I know this is a bit early but whats everybodys thoughts on the DLC matchups. Not looking very good againts sektor if you ask me
I feel like it won't be that bad, as long as those overheads can be parried. It's gonna be a war of attrition for sure. Also IA dash can act like kitana's butt and restart your progress getting in. As for the others, Bo and LF already outrange Kotal, Idk about speed yet but it looked like they can match him. Their damage also looked powerful. So maybe they got him there too. It's way too early to tell, but just from speculation, I'm worried for the kahn of outworld.