Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Play Blood God, defense totem up 24/7, and parry every fireball. From my experience you can EX Parry through his looped pressure as well. For some reason, it will cause the first hit of F213 to whiff. Then you can parry the 3 and full combo punish him. I personally see no point in playing War God for the reversal when its slow enough that he's just gonna break it almost every time.

Im a War God main but ive learned Blood God specifically for this MU and to play casuals with people while still using my main.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Play Blood God, defense totem up 24/7, and parry every fireball. From my experience you can EX Parry through his looped pressure as well. For some reason, it will cause the first hit of F213 to whiff. Then you can parry the 3 and full combo punish him. I personally see no point in playing War God for the reversal when its slow enough that he's just gonna break it almost every time.

Im a War God main but ive learned Blood God specifically for this MU and to play casuals with people while still using my main.
That's interesting because I was going to suggest avoiding Blood God altogether, primarily because one of the best ways to deal with Liu Kang's pressure is simply to armor out of it (And, of course, Blood God is armor-starved). I was thinking the best overall matchup for Liu might actually be Sun God. You keep the slightly faster projectile and mace parry, while also gaining the armored command grab.

That's interesting because I was going to suggest avoiding Blood God altogether, primarily because one of the best ways to deal with Liu Kang's pressure is simply to armor out of it (And, of course, Blood God is armor-starved). I was thinking the best overall matchup for Liu might actually be Sun God. You keep the slightly faster projectile and mace parry, while also gaining the armored command grab.
Yeah, given what you guys are saying, war god seems to be lacking the tools to beat liu. In the end, im just going to have to perfect my mace parry. If i can parryvhis forward 213 to make him whiff, then that will be a game changer. And having the obsidian totem up exclusively will be best to gain the meter and not get chipped to death. But i need to try out sun god. The armored grab would be a good alternative, but im just convinced sun god is broken. I need to play more matches with that variation to get comfortable with what strings are grabable after hit and block. Thanks for the tips. Il try and avoid wargod and see if blood can stop this

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Yeah, given what you guys are saying, war god seems to be lacking the tools to beat liu. In the end, im just going to have to perfect my mace parry. If i can parryvhis forward 213 to make him whiff, then that will be a game changer. And having the obsidian totem up exclusively will be best to gain the meter and not get chipped to death. But i need to try out sun god. The armored grab would be a good alternative, but im just convinced sun god is broken. I need to play more matches with that variation to get comfortable with what strings are grabable after hit and block. Thanks for the tips. Il try and avoid wargod and see if blood can stop this
sun god is nowhere near broken, you can jump out of his tick throws,if the command grab whiffs, full combo punish. It seems broken but its not

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
For a long, long time, I firmly maintained that Blood God had more overall potential than Sun God and always argued on this message board that he was at least as good (and likely better), overall. However, I have recently changed my mind. I think Sun God is a stronger overall variation with fewer bad match-ups. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely match-ups where I would prefer to have the totems over the grab, but overall, I recommend learning Sun God because I think he will be more beneficial to you in the long run.

For a long, long time, I firmly maintained that Blood God had more overall potential than Sun God and always argued on this message board that he was at least as good (and likely better), overall. However, I have recently changed my mind. I think Sun God is a stronger overall variation with fewer bad match-ups. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely match-ups where I would prefer to have the totems over the grab, but overall, I recommend learning Sun God because I think he will be more beneficial to you in the long run.
Love the advice. I did not know you can jump out of the tick throw if it whiffs, that's a huge piece of knowledge. I guess i just need a lot more time played with sungod to feel comfortable. Good thing about kotal, is if you know one variation, the others will be a quick adjustment. Not many prefer sun over blood and war from what i read in the boards, im going to have to give it a try. I'm going to lock myself down to sun god until its as good as my blood.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Love the advice. I did not know you can jump out of the tick throw if it whiffs, that's a huge piece of knowledge. I guess i just need a lot more time played with sungod to feel comfortable. Good thing about kotal, is if you know one variation, the others will be a quick adjustment. Not many prefer sun over blood and war from what i read in the boards, im going to have to give it a try. I'm going to lock myself down to sun god until its as good as my blood.
Indeed. The consensus seems to be War God > Sun God > Blood God.

the.hamburglar

i love playing sun god besides when the tick throws whiff, if they get hit by back 1 then the tick throw will whiff but if they block it then it wont whiff unless they jump then your basically sitting duck, same with when the back 1 its, they would recover before you do then you get punished. good thing after the next update command throws will hit on whiff so those tick throws will whiff less.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
i love playing sun god besides when the tick throws whiff, if they get hit by back 1 then the tick throw will whiff but if they block it then it wont whiff unless they jump then your basically sitting duck, same with when the back 1 its, they would recover before you do then you get punished. good thing after the next update command throws will hit on whiff so those tick throws will whiff less.
There's talk of tick throw changes in the beta, and I've heard it's a universal change...Characters with tick throws such as Commando Kano, can now do B1~command grab, and it combos on hit as well as works on block. If it truly is a universal game change, Sun God is about to get a hell of a lot more scary.

the.hamburglar

There's talk of tick throw changes in the beta, and I've heard it's a universal change...Characters with tick throws such as Commando Kano, can now do B1~command grab, and it combos on hit as well as works on block. If it truly is a universal game change, Sun God is about to get a hell of a lot more scary.
Then all these Tick throw characters will probably be nerfed after everyone cries about how OP they are like always

the.hamburglar

Yeah, I don't think that's going to make it into live. That or SG take a big leap in the tier lists...
i hope it will though, Its not like those characters are amazing, most characters with tick throws are like A+ to S tier so its not as if theyre the best but hey maybe theyyle be S+ with that update, i heard its confirmed that tick throws will connect on hit and block. Confirmed but cant remember who

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I've been playing a lot of Sun God lately. Personally I feel it's his best but that's my opinion. You have tick throws, the parry and a somewhat decent armoured move. Meter & health management are very fun in this variation. All of Kotal's poke could lead to a 19% tick throw, which will make the opponent think twice before charging in.

War God is my second most used. I prefer using War God against Quan, or anyone with slow armour, as they can't punish the gaps as easily as others. The +30 ex df3 is also very useful in the corner.

Blood God on the other hand, is fun to use but quite a bit more difficult. Having no armour whatsoever is terrible, and intractables can't save you every time. I prefer using him for Tempest.

I love this character, most fun I've had with anyone in the cast for that matter. Hopefully they don't change him too much in the big patch. Only thing I can see them changing is the jip1.

Darth_Peachez

In the UK with a US PS4. Fuck me, right?
This isn't related to the current topic... But I was wondering if you can use b14xxdb3(cancel) df1? On reaction to them jumping to avoid the unblockable? I haven't been able to try this because everyone I play gets hit by the unblockable... Because online lulz.

This isn't related to the current topic... But I was wondering if you can use b14xxdb3(cancel) df1? On reaction to them jumping to avoid the unblockable? I haven't been able to try this because everyone I play gets hit by the unblockable... Because online lulz.
I just tried this in the training room with a buddy. The db3 into cancel does enough push back that if the opponent jumps straight up or back or forward, the db1 would whiff. They would need some good reaction to jump, cuz its clearly obvious when kotal will cancel the the db3. Its safe regardless, so whether it hits or he blocks or he jumps away, youre at an advantage.

Darth_Peachez

I just tried this in the training room with a buddy. The db3 into cancel does enough push back that if the opponent jumps straight up or back or forward, the db1 would whiff. They would need some good reaction to jump, cuz its clearly obvious when kotal will cancel the the db3. Its safe regardless, so whether it hits or he blocks or he jumps away, youre at an advantage.
So the df1 would whiff if they did jump after the db3? Interesting... I'm gonna have to go to the lab later to actually try this myself.

Darth_Peachez

Wargod vs. Cassie hollywood. And very good Cassie. In offline.
How bad this matchup for wargod? Bicoz i really sucks and loose, I think, 3 to 7.
What i must do, to beat her? Or, i better take another char for this matchup
I'm a noob but from my experience it's a pretty even matchup. With Cassie you just have to guess right, she's heavy with the 50/50s and almost all of her strings cancel into le flip kick...

Kotal anti-zone buff for when he eventually shows up on the Enhanced Online Beta anyone?
I just want his parry to come out faster, with slightly less on recovery after a whiff. Characters with fast projectlies are hard to parry online. You really have little time to react once the projectile is on the screen. At least online anyway