What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - 2012 Awards Special!

LEGEND

YES!
maaaaan, last 25min were amazing

for anyone reading this DO NOT TURN OFF THE SHOW WHEN THE MUSIC STARTS

Somberness

Lights
I'm like an anti-props fisherman so I'll keep it short. If it wasn't for the hundreds of other contributors here in this community, I doubt I would still be here and I also doubt it would have held up for this long. Even small things will set an example and hopefully roll into bigger ones. I've never really done so, but I want to thank anyone who has ever defended me at one point in time, especially top players who have a large voice. When players like CD jr, PL, Pig, Reo, 16 bit, Tom brady, etc. step up and be your defense lawyer, it really makes you want to trudge on. There has been so many people who have appreciated what I have done and it all continues to motivate me to help even more. This has definitely been a group effort.
I listened to it all while deathly sick in bed for 10 hours, but I still had a nice time with the podcast. Thanks for giving me this odd feeling you three, and anyone else who joined. I'm still reeling so I'll end the post with long live this podcast and community.

Glass Sword

Nobody
LBSH, the human race will eventually just be machines and conquer the galaxy. Our organic Bodies are THE only thing holding us back

unless our universe really is just some simulation or aliens have been constructing our existence as we know it (Actual Theories lol) then WE ARE IT

inb4religion
Yes the human race will one day conquer the galaxy. Also who says the human race can't be war mongering machine overlords and be religious. Trust me the human race is not going to suddenly wake up one day and give up on religion even if more and more people claim to follow no religion in the U.S. Also screw those simulated reality theories.

This show should be on TV like the howard stern show i bet you people would love it as much as i do and probably the fighting gaming would be the next boom in america, thank you guys very much for the entertainment.

I listened to the whole thing, it was spectacular

also, Kevo shoulda been at least nominated for most washed up

he has 4 at most, gtfo
Read this

www.testyourmight.com/threads/i-want-to-cause-a-storm-so-here-is-my-mu-chart.25575/

Then read the comments.

Except for a few match ups here and there most people felt like this was an accurate match up chart. Most of the people who did disagree felt like it was better for their character. Then if you look at the match up charts of the characters forum that reptile players say they lose to, they have it as advantage their character as well. In some cases when reptile players say it 5-5 other people have it as disadvantage reptile. Like when Chongo posted in his match up chart that Reptile-Cage was 5-5 MIT posted in his match up chart that it was 6-4. Chongo said it was a possible 4-6 vs Kang MIT had as 6-4 Kang.

So why is it that people are saying that Reptile players are downplayers? It probably stems from that reptile get so much unjustified hate.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Read this

www.testyourmight.com/threads/i-want-to-cause-a-storm-so-here-is-my-mu-chart.25575/

Then read the comments.

Except for a few match ups here and there most people felt like this was an accurate match up chart. Most of the people who did disagree felt like it was better for their character. Then if you look at the match up charts of the characters forum that reptile players say they lose to, they have it as advantage their character as well. In some cases when reptile players say it 5-5 other people have it as disadvantage reptile. Like when Chongo posted in his match up chart that Reptile-Cage was 5-5 MIT posted in his match up chart that it was 6-4. Chongo said it was a possible 4-6 vs Kang MIT had as 6-4 Kang.

So why is it that people are saying that Reptile players are downplayers? It probably stems from that reptile get so much unjustified hate.
Ah if only we did KTP on the regular again. A weekly Reptile community blowup would be in order. :p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm like an anti-props fisherman so I'll keep it short. If it wasn't for the hundreds of other contributors here in this community, I doubt I would still be here and I also doubt it would have held up for this long. Even small things will set an example and hopefully roll into bigger ones. I've never really done so, but I want to thank anyone who has ever defended me at one point in time, especially top players who have a large voice. When players like CD jr, PL, Pig, Reo, 16 bit, Tom brady, etc. step up and be your defense lawyer, it really makes you want to trudge on. There has been so many people who have appreciated what I have done and it all continues to motivate me to help even more. This has definitely been a group effort.
I listened to it all while deathly sick in bed for 10 hours, but I still had a nice time with the podcast. Thanks for giving me this odd feeling you three, and anyone else who joined. I'm still reeling so I'll end the post with long live this podcast and community.
I will never forget how YOU single handedly leveled up everyone

Thank YOU

Kabal
Scarlet
Sonya
Liu Kang
Cyrax
Freddy
Cage
Kung Lao
Mileena

Can you not at least see how some of these might JUST might be bad match ups. Then to say he only has around 2 bad match ups and go on complaining about Reptile. The amount of hate you and 16 bit give Reptile for no reason is completely and utterly racist. You try to mask your reptile racism with all these other points that make no sense and when you get called out for it, you just like any other type of racist ignore the facts.

Nevertheless another good show.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The best Cage says Reptile goes even with Johnny. Who am I to argue? Everyone loses to Kabal, Reptile does better than most so it basically doesn't count as a bad MU. Chris G almost beat Dave at EVO and he barely plays so I doubt Freddy is that bad. Just stop the downplaying already. Even the most liberal Reptile MU chart is as good as the Kitana, Cage and Jax's of the world. He always has a top 10 MU chart yet the Reptile community will put on a woe is me how can I compete show whenever Reptile's tournament viability comes up. Reptile has the standard top tier MU numbers and does pretty good against Kabal and Kenshi. This is huge and Reptile should be used more.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
The best Cage says Reptile goes even with Johnny. Who am I to argue? Everyone loses to Kabal, Reptile does better than most so it basically doesn't count as a bad MU. Chris G almost beat Dave at EVO and he barely plays so I doubt Freddy is that bad. Just stop the downplaying already. Even the most liberal Reptile MU chart is as good as the Kitana, Cage and Jax's of the world. He always has a top 10 MU chart yet the Reptile community will put on a woe is me how can I compete show whenever Reptile's tournament viability comes up. Reptile has the standard top tier MU numbers and does pretty good against Kabal and Kenshi. This is huge and Reptile should be used more.
I'm not saying he's trash and bottom 10, mind you. He's a great character, but he isn't this beast that everyone makes him out to be. He has his problems. I'd say he's around 9-11.

No one is arguing he isn't good, but to put the Reptile community on blast for saying he has more then two bad match ups is unjustified. I never said Reptile loses to all these characters, I just said can you see how he might. As well as to base the Freddy-Reptile match up on one match, a match the reptile player lost is unreasonable.

Reptile is the epitome of a fair character who is a higher up on the tier list then other "fair" characters. For every advantage he has there is usually disadvantage to compensate it. For his quick elbow dash he has the worst dash speed. For the best walk speed he has the worst start up. For his great zoning and projectiles it has the slow start up and recovery. For his normals where most are neutral on block they are average speed. For his pokes that grant slight to decent to good advantage, some are too short to too slow. When all of Reptiles advantages work in Tandem they give him an advantage match up. When the opponent can take advantage of all his disadvantages it might just might be a bad match up. Like how some consider Freddy, Kang and Scarlet a bad match up because they can contain Reptile full screen. Where as great as elbow dash and force balls are they won't work because he can get hit out of them before they appear on the screen. Then your left with his awful dash and walk, while quick takes to long to start up to get any where while quick projectiles are coming on the screen.