What's new

Tech Kitana Kombo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Thank goodness! I was worried about going to Nashville next month and getting stomped by a Kitana. I have very little experience against this character and seeing that video made me wonder. Thank you for the clarification Dark Kobra.
You really shouldn't worry too much at this early stage of the game fighting against a Kitana that can do the 51 now 48 bnb combo as there are only a handful that are able to go to tournaments who can get it reliably. You should definitely know the matchup though.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
You really shouldn't worry too much at this early stage of the game fighting against a Kitana that can do the 51 now 48 bnb combo as there are only a handful that are able to go to tournaments who can get it reliably. You should definitely know the matchup though.
I agree, you can have massive damage combos, but if you see what is in the combos, it does require a bit of work and as Konqrr says, only a handful of people will be able tu pull this off consistantly and you have to be in a situation where Kitana can punish you like a whiffed move. Kitana can drop her combos very easily and half of the ones that I do for like say 50 - 60% I wont even get out to do on the computer, but thats just me. The whole lot is going to be balanced out, but don't forget you can still combo break em, just keep an eye on that meter!!!!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
What are her main BnBs? I know each character has 1 or 2 that is usually the most used.
There are so many situations that kitana can get in that create combo opportunities for her... she has many bnbs.

f21, njp, ff~4~fan, ff~4~lift, ff, ff, b2~air fan, ff, fan, ff, 4~cutter
(you can use 2~lift to make it easier or if you know they will be too low for 4~lift)

f41, ff~b33~lift, ff, ff, b2~air fan, ff, fan, ff, 4~cutter
f41, ff~b2~air fan, ff~ff~4~fan, f2~cutter
(you can use 2~fan, but must delay a bit or you will whiff)

21~lift, ff, njp, ff~4~fan, 4~fan, f2~cutter
(second fan can be 2~fan to make it easier)
21~lift, ff, fan, b2~air fan, ff~ff~4~fan, f2~cutter
(you can do 2~fan, but must delay a bit or you will whiff)

aaAir fan, ff~fan, ff~2~fan, f2~cutter
(you can use ff~f2~fan also depending on how far away you are)

There are a few for you.

Here's a legend:
aa = Anti Air
ff = Dash Forward
njp = Straight up jump punch launcher aka Neutral Jump Punch
fan = Ground Fan aka d,f,1
cutter = Fan Cutter aka d,f,2
~ = Do the next move immediately after the preceding move.
1 = Front Punch
2 = Back Punch
3 = Front Kick
4 = Back Kick

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot, Kitana is awesome.

EDIT: On the last one when you start with aaAirfan, does that just mean start with regular air fan?

Professor_Rouse

Local player only
f21, njp, ff~4~fan, ff~4~lift, ff, ff, b2~air fan, ff, fan, ff, 4~cutter
(you can use 2~lift to make it easier or if you know they will be too low for 4~lift)
This is the combo I usually use because it's very useful but I do recommend using 2~lift because it's quicker and easier.

Sleepy

Noob
A Tag combo I came up with for Kitana and Jade. ( Sorry for the shaky focus, My friends camera went crazy lol. )

This combo requires three full bars. Starting quarter screen with Kitana from a jumping crossover or regular punch into F+4,1 Tag assist, F+4,1 Tag assist, F+4,1, Tag assist, 2,1, Fast Tag to Jade, D,F+4, 2,1,2,1, Fast tag to Kitana, In air D,F+1, After landing, D,F+1, F,F, 3,3,3, D,F+2, D,1.

Got a couple variations that might run into 35+hits 80% damage, Will update eventually. :)

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
I put this together today, idk if it has been done yet, but I was very proud of it.

Kitana combo, 16 hit, mid screen, no xray, uses 2 bars, 45% damage

TYM Mobile

Hmm. Apparently some of the juggling attacks deal more damage than what I've been doing. I just figured out kitana yesterday and figured I'd check here to see if what I was doing was what other people figured out. The first thing I found ut was this.

f2, 1, 3, fan, dash, 2, lift, jk, air fan, dash, fan, dash uppercut.

I did find however that because of the damage scaling, you actually do more damage with this if you dont jump kick and just toss teh fan instead.

From reading here, does using 4 or 2 after the f2, 1 deal more damage in this combo? Also, I kinda gave up throwing the NJP in there because it was really hard to land it. Nice to see that people have actually pulled it off. Does anyone know if you can do this?

F2, 1, NJP, move in, 3, 3, 3, fan, dash, 4, lift, jk fan, dash, fan, dash uppercut

Lomyn

Snoctopus
This is the combo I usually use because it's very useful but I do recommend using 2~lift because it's quicker and easier.
It is easier, but you are cheating yourself out of damage. You will be much better off in the long run if you practice the 4~lift. 2~lift not only does less base damage, but I'm pretty sure it adds more proration later on in the combo.

Kitana is a character that needs to hit as hard as she can when she gets the chance, especially against some of her worse matchups (Noob, Ermac, Stryker, Raiden come to mind)- it could be while before you get in again, and every percent counts.

EDIT: Sultani, the way I hit the njp 100% is I piano FP & BP when I jump, similar to how you plink a move in street fighter. It gives you two chances instead of just the 1.

Thanks.. I'll give that a shot.

I dabbled a bit and did f21, 333, fan in the beginning. The extra hits scale the damage down and you lose damage in the end. I'll see how easy it is for me to get off the 4 after the f21 and also before the lift. Right now my BnB does 38% without the NJP which is pretty decent imo.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Yes, I've been practicing Kitana and offline even I opt for two. Yeah it's a two percent loss or so but dropping the 4-lift will provide you an even lesser combo. Lower-risk, about the same reward.

EDIT: Sultani, the way I hit the njp 100% is I piano FP & BP when I jump, similar to how you plink a move in street fighter. It gives you two chances instead of just the 1.
Though plinking is done to reactivate the first button press through the second one wich is of lower priority thus does not come out resulting in two subsequent frames where the same move will try to activate. Not saying your comparison is bad btw, just pointing out the difference in mechanics

I can understand why many people would prefer to use the 2~Lift opposed to 4~Lift because of how much easier it is at first, but if there's anything I've learned throughout my years of playing fighting games, particularly SF, is that learning but more importantly, mastering the most damaging or useful combos will benefit you to a much greater degree in the long run.

Lomyn hit the nail on the head noting that against certain characters Kitana needs to do as much damage as she can. The only suitable sacrifice or substitution for damage with kitana imo should be oki, execution shouldn't be. Just keep practising it and guaranteed, eventually you'll get it down. If not, just post which specific part you're struggling with and I'm sure someone here would be more than happy to give you an exectution tip or two.

I've been able to pull off the 48% bnb consistently, like 9/10 times now, real matches included. But I find myself struggling so much to complete the 55% (or most likely decreased due to the patch now). What I find is that after the first 4~fan I can't connect the dash,2~fan. I'm not realy sure what the timing is supposed to be on this. Any tips please?

hello,
i like 2 ask u, wich ur favorit safe ONLINE combos r, and the most damaging?

1- wich is ur favorit punish combo(most damaging) 4 blocked teleports?
2- wich is favorit xray combo, most damaging.

i aks because i got troble with my combos online.

thnx 4 the help

Inception

I love Kitana
I missed konqqer post so I re-edited my question what are her main punishers and need to know normals and techs?

Geochron

Noob
meterless corner combo I came up with last night:

JP, f+4,1, 3,3~fan toss, 2~lift, JK~air fan toss, (land), fan toss, (walk forward) 3,3,3 - 44% (after patch)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I missed konqqer post so I re-edited my question what are her main punishers and need to know normals and techs?
I will make a video soon showing her various punishers. Even full screen stuff like the Ermac bf1 punish I did on Krayzie @ ReveLAtions.

Status
Not open for further replies.