What's new

Tech Kitana Kombo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj1701

Noob
I'm still working on my execution, but could some confirm if this is a viable combo? Its short and not that much damage, but might help mix things up a bit.

b+4, a-fan, ff, b+4, a-fan 29% damage.

Like I said, not that much damage, but its done in 4 hits.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'm still working on my execution, but could some confirm if this is a viable combo? Its short and not that much damage, but might help mix things up a bit.

b+4, a-fan, ff, b+4, a-fan 29% damage.

Like I said, not that much damage, but its done in 4 hits.
I assume you mean b2~air fan, dash, b2~air fan...

It's good, but not just throwing it out naked like that. You should set it up with a fan lift, dash, fan first or something.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Hey i was wondering which combos to do when someone is in your face and not letting up, what is a fast starter?
d1

Check the Frame Data thread.

Full screen unbreakable :x

39% - aaFan, iAF, :x

3/4 screen midscreen or corner unbreakable :x

43% - aaFan (late hit), Fan, iAF, :x

I think j. X-ray comes out quicker than st. X-ray. I thought you could only combo x-ray off a air fan but today hit. st. fan -> iAF -> st. Fan -> j. X-ray from just beyond 3/4ths screen.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I think j. X-ray comes out quicker than st. X-ray. I thought you could only combo x-ray off a air fan but today hit. st. fan -> iAF -> st. Fan -> j. X-ray from just beyond 3/4ths screen.
Good to know, I thought jump :x was faster. I'll have to test some stuff. Might get close to 50% unbreakable now lol

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
IS this with the opponent in the corner?? The iAF I'm trying to tag on, knocks them down quick quickly or am I not doing it quickly enough?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
IS this with the opponent in the corner?? The iAF I'm trying to tag on, knocks them down quick quickly or am I not doing it quickly enough?
If you hit with a second air fan that is not an EX fan, the combo ends.

The combo that was listed was a ground fan as anti air, then an iAF, then another ground fan, then an instant air xray.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Thanks a bunch Konqrr, I must have missed that bit where the ground fan was used as the anti air. Are you currently writing a guide and how is it coming along man?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Thanks a bunch Konqrr, I must have missed that bit where the ground fan was used as the anti air. Are you currently writing a guide and how is it coming along man?
I haven't had time to write a guide for her, but Tom Brady has one on his living guide that I plan to use as the framework and build on it.

xTHUGx

Noob
If you hit with a second air fan that is not an EX fan, the combo ends.

The combo that was listed was a ground fan as anti air, then an iAF, then another ground fan, then an instant air xray.
Good stuff, I just now started messing with it in practice mode.
9 Hit- 45% damage not bad for unbreakable.

Inception

I love Kitana
f21, njp, ff~4~fan, ff~4~lift, ff, ff, b2~air fan, ff, fan, ff, 4~cutter
So I am trying to learn kitana's bnb's I get this far

f21, njp, ff~4~fan,
That ff~4 is not connecting.

here is my personal bnb
jp f2,1 b2 air fan dash fan (now you have to wait don't move and wait for him falling to ur f2) f2,pretty kick......41% no meter
lots of good kitana players do not use f2,pretty kick combo and use the normal fans which will make this combo 34-36%
but i think it's her best juggle ender if you are in range.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
f21, njp, ff~4~fan,
That ff~4 is not connecting.
You can either do the ff~4~fan very quickly whilst they bounce up from the NJP or wait until they're on the way down before connecting 4. I think its easier to do the first option personally as you don't have to time it as such. I personally input (After the NJP) ff4df2 very quickly.

The ff~4~lift is much harder imo and the only advice i can give is that the ff4bb2 must all be inputted very quickly. Watch Konqrrs BnB video for the button timing. It helped me a lot and can now nail the 48%.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You can either do the ff~4~fan very quickly whilst they bounce up from the NJP or wait until they're on the way down before connecting 4. I think its easier to do the first option personally as you don't have to time it as such. I personally input (After the NJP) ff4df2 very quickly.

The ff~4~lift is much harder imo and the only advice i can give is that the ff4bb2 must all be inputted very quickly. Watch Konqrrs BnB video for the button timing. It helped me a lot and can now nail the 48%.
That video is extremely outdated. While the 48% is still her best combo, there are many many other BnB combos that aren't listed. Once the crazy homework at school dies down, I will have time to make a new video. I'm going to see if my friend will let me borrow his Hauppauge so I can record in 720p...currently the way I record has a ton of lag and it's hard to even do the combos, let alone get them recorded lol

@Inception, the dash after the NJP is done before you land and the 4 is done immediately after you land so there is just a very very small dash. If you watch the video, you will see the small dash. I am pretty sure that you can do a full dash after the NJP and delay the 4~fan and the whole combo will still connect. Just keep practicing.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
That video is extremely outdated. While the 48% is still her best combo, there are many many other BnB combos that aren't listed. Once the crazy homework at school dies down, I will have time to make a new video. I'm going to see if my friend will let me borrow his Hauppauge so I can record in 720p...currently the way I record has a ton of lag and it's hard to even do the combos, let alone get them recorded lol
Crack on then Konqrr, get your priorities right! ;)

Personally I'm just trying to find the max damage combos off every starter/situation I can. I look forward to any future vids though, especially the more practical combos.

xTHUGx

Noob
I think it's 43%:

aa2~fan, 4~fan lift, ff, ff, b2~air fan, ff, fan, ff, 4~cutter

You can add more damage by doing:

aa2~fan, 4~fan, f2~ex fan lift, etc
Thanks,
also did you ever messed with the xray combo for extra unbreakable damage?

45% [unbreakable] - aaGround Fan, iAF, Ground Fan, iAXray

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast

@Inception, the dash after the NJP is done before you land and the 4 is done immediately after you land so there is just a very very small dash. If you watch the video, you will see the small dash. I am pretty sure that you can do a full dash after the NJP and delay the 4~fan and the whole combo will still connect. Just keep practicing.
Konqrr, thanks for the post man, as I too was only getting the combo out every now and again, having the hard time doing the f~fan, 4~ fan lift as I was getting the 4~fan, but always missing the 4~lift as it was too late to get it.

Also tried the full dash after the njp and it screwed up the timing on connecting the 4~fan. So you have kind of shown me where I'm going wrong. Many thanks again, most appreciated. Looking forward to seeing you in action again in more Tourneys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.