What's new

Tech Kitana Kombo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Anyone got a more efficient corner combo than the 40% f41 b2 iaf g.fan jk iaf?
You could add a 2~cutter on to the end of that combo ^^

Just use the 48% BnB in the corner, but instead of dashing forward after the NJP, you dash back. You can also end the 48 with a jk~af, ff~2~cutter instead of 4~cutter to get 50%. I did this @ revelations.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Just use the 48% BnB in the corner, but instead of dashing forward after the NJP, you dash back. You can also end the 48 with a jk~af, ff~2~cutter instead of 4~cutter to get 50%. I did this @ revelations.
I loved the commentators OMGWTFBBQ comments when you did that. Quality stuff...

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
Not much corner love here, so here you are – some unorthodox meter-less combos/combo starters for the corner (add 3% if starting those with j.1):

Uppercut, wait, d.1 Lift, j.3 Air Fan, step forward, 4 Ground Fan, 4 Cutter, d.1 Cutter _____35%

The next 2 combos are pretty much the same combos but with different starters:
f.312, d.1 Lift, j.3 Air Fan, step forward, 4 Ground Fan, 4 Cutter, d.1 Cutter _____38%
f.43, d.1 Lift, j.3 Air Fan, step forward, 4 Ground Fan, 4 Cutter, d.1 Cutter ______40%

Feel free to use :en lift after d.1, because connecting regular lift after d.1 is pretty hard.

_

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Like what cgerrr said ^^ Jerry aka Shords at ReveLAtions taught me that you can get a d1 after an uppercut in the corner.

So you can get a good combo after it by doing something like this:

(Corner) Uppercut, d1~EX Lift, Fan, b2~Air Fan, ff, b2~Air Fan, ff~2~Cutter, d1

Not sure on the damage, and there is a lot of different stuff you can do with it.

Where are you Jerry? I know you read this shit lol

@cgerrr, you can get a d1 into regular lift? I wasn't able to get that to connect when I was doing it at RevLA.

A couple good combos, some practical... but they're mostly visual candy, pretty sure they are pre patch so the damage may be off by a % or 2

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
They are all pre patch Adam. I broke the whole Tyler Lantern video down and posted the transcripts on MKU. I do have the transcripts here if anyone would like me to post them. I used to have a 67% which is now down to 60% so they could all be significantly lower.

Actually, I will post them!!! Here we go:

TYLER LANTERN/ CRASH LANTERN KITANA COMBOS

Mid Screen

1) 56% - Jps 1/2, f+4, Ex fan toss (cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+2,1, njp,dash, b+2, air fan, dash, wait, 4, ex fan (cancel)~, b+2, air ex fan (cancel), dash, fan toss, dash, f+2~cutter (3 Bars)

2) 68% - Jps 1/2, f+4, Ex fan toss (cancel),~f,uf,jp 1/2, f+2, ex fan toss(cancel) ~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+2,1, njp, 4~fan toss, jk,4~air fan toss, fan toss, b+2, EX air fan (cancel)~ f,f, fan toss, 3,3,3~cutter, d+1 (3 bars)

3) 51% - jps 1/2, f+4,1,dash, b+2, air fan, dash, fan toss, f+2, fan toss, f+2, cutter (Was done on Sheeva)

4) 52% - jps 1/2, f+4,1~ fan lift (bb+2),dash, dash(should be just behind opponent while they are in the air), njp, b+2,air fan, dash, jk, air x-ray.

5) 48% - jps 1/2, f+4,1, ex fan toss (Cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+3,1, EX Fan toss (cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+4,1~fan lift, dash, dash (should be just behind opponent while they are in the air), d+2, f+2, EX pretty kicks (3 Bars)

6) 53% - jps 1/2, f+4, ex fan toss (Cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+2,1, njp 1/2~f,f, b+2, air fan, f,f,b+2, EX air fan (cancel)~f,f, Ex fan toss (cancel)~f,f, ff+2, Pretty Kick.

7) 48% - jps 1/2, f+4,1,4~ fan lift, dash,dash, step back, then b+2, air fan, j/k, air X-ray.

8) 70% - Jps 1/2, f+4, Ex fan toss (cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+2, ex fan toss(cancel) ~f,uf,Jps 1/2, f+4, Ex fan toss (cancel)~f,uf, Jps 1/2, f+2,1, njp, 4~fan, b,b+2,air fan, fan, b+2, air fan, 2~cutter, d+1

9) 53% - jps 1/2, f+4,1 (wait to see the 1 hit then proceed with the rest of the combo), ex fan toss (Cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+3,1,ex fan toss(cancel) ~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+2,1, njp, jk, air fan, b+2, EX Square Boost

10) 48% - jps 1/2, f+4,1,dash, b+2, air fan, dash, 4~fan,f+2, cutter

11) 54% - jps 1/2, f+2,1, njp, dash, b+2, air fan, dash, fan toss, jk 3~air xray

12) 54% - jps 1/2, f+4,1 (the 1 must hit)~ ex fan toss (Cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+3,1,ex fan toss(cancel) ~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+4,1~ fan lift (make sure the 1 actually hits), dash, dash, (should be just behind opponent while they are in the air, you should be now facing the other way), njp, b+2, air fan, fan toss,f+2, EX pretty kicks.

13) 61% - Jps 1/2, f+4, Ex fan toss (cancel),~f,uf,jp 1/2, f+2, ex fan toss(cancel) ~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+2,1, njp, dash, b+2, air fan, dash, fan toss, f+2, Ex fan toss (cancel)~f,f, fan toss, f+2~cutter

14) 66% - Jps 1/2, f+4, Ex fan toss (cancel),~f,uf,jp 1/2, jp 1/2, f+2, ex fan toss(cancel) ~f,uf, jp 1/2, Jps 1/2, f+4, Ex fan toss (cancel),~f,uf,jp 1/2, f+4,1,dash, b+2, air fan, dash, fan toss, f+2, fan toss, f+2~cutter (Combo was done on Sheeva)

15) 53% - jps 1/2, f+3,1, ex fan toss (Cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+4,1 (the 1 must hit), ex fan toss (Cancel)~f,uf, jp f+2,1, njp, dash, 4~fan lift, dash x 2, (then step back a little), b+2, air fan, jk 3, Square Boost

16) 61% - jps 1/2, f+2,1, njp,4~fan, 4~fan lift, wait for about 1 second, then b+2, Air fan, dash, fan toss, jk 3, air xray. (CORNER)

17) 48% - jps 1/2, f+3,1, ex fan toss (Cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+2,1, njp jk 3,~air fan, dash, fan toss, f+2~cutter

Shang Tsung Morph Combos

18) 70% - Soul Steal (Turns into Kitana), jps 1/2, f+4,1,b+2, air fan, dash, 4~fan toss, (morphs back), b+1,2,1,4~x ray (CORNER)

19) 66% - Soul Steal (Turns into Kitana), jps 1/2, f+4, Ex fan toss (cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+2,1, njp 1/2, dash, b+2, air fan, (morphs back), f+3,4, ground skull (mid), Ex ground skull, Single Skull

Normal Kitana Combo

20) 56% - jps 1/2, f+4, ex fan toss (Cancel)~f,uf, jp 1/2, f+4,1~fan lift (make sure the 1 connects) dash (now other side of opponent) njp 1/2, dash, b+2, air fan, dash, fan toss, dash, f+2~ ex fan toss (cancel)~f,f, fan toss, dash, f+2~ ex fan toss (cancel)~f,f, f+2~cutter

However, I did put a disclaimer that these combos were all before the EX fan loop nerf. so damage may vary. I did not do the tag combos as I wanted to concentrate on what Kitana can do by herself as opposed to tags and things.

If I got any combos wrong can someone please tell me which ones so that I can update the combos?? As no transcripts were available, so I had to do my own based on what I saw. Thanks!!!

cgerrr

@cgerrr, you can get a d1 into regular lift? I wasn't able to get that to connect when I was doing it at RevLA.
Yes, you can. Window is pretty small though: you need to do d.1 pretty early after the upper (or f.43, or f.312). It’s really inconsistent: if you do shortcut for d.1 Lift too early either anything won’t come out or the game will decipher your input as Square boost. It’s much more practical to just do late d.1 :en Lift.

It does 37% (2% more than mine corner upper combo) and easier to perform. Props.

-

Anyone got a more efficient corner combo than the 40% f41 b2 iaf g.fan jk iaf?
You may try:
(corner) f.41, b.2 AFan, GFan, short dash, 4 GFan, 4 Cutter, d.1 Cutter _____53%
or
(corner) f.41, b.2 AFan, GFan, short dash, 4 GFan, 33 Cutter, 2 Cutter, d.1 __54%

-

Found a new meterless combo off j. K it works by using block to shorten your first dash so you can do a second dash quicker and cover the distance.

j. K->fan->dash block->dash->4~g.Fan->4~Cutter gives like 3% less than if you use the ex fan to extend it for no meter.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Found a new meterless combo off j. K it works by using block to shorten your first dash so you can do a second dash quicker and cover the distance.

j. K->fan->dash block->dash->4~g.Fan->4~Cutter gives like 3% less than if you use the ex fan to extend it for no meter.
You typically can dash into range after a jk~air fan to get a 4~fan.

I use this a lot:

jk~air fan, ff, 4~fan, 2~fan, f2~cutter for 42%

I used to do this for 43% until I learned that I could add another ground fan:

jk~air fan, ff, 4~fan, 4~ex fan, 4~cutter

Now you can add another 2~ex fan to the 42 to make it 47% lol

cgerrr

Improved corner ‘unorthodox combos’ I posted a while ago (thanks to Konqrr for the inspiration):
(corner) upper -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------40%
(corner) f.312 - d.1 Lift, b.dash, GFan, b.2 AFan, short pause, GFan, Gfan, 333 Cutter, d.1 - 44%
(corner) f.43 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------46%

Similar combo can be done in the corner with Lift as a starter:
(corner) Lift, nj.1, full b.dash, 4 GFan, b.2 AFan, short pause, GFan, GFan, 333 Cutter ___45%

If the corner is near you can:
f.41, dash, 4 GFan, dash, (corner) d.1 Lift, b.2 AFan, GFan, GFan, 333 Cutter ___48%

_

:violin: Watched Revelations for the 6th or 7th time... I still scream everytime it gets to Konqrr vs Online Tony in the 1st round of the second set... Konqrr catches Kabal with a aa IAF and a couple more fans then misses the f2 for the win.... Absolutey broke my heart

xTHUGx

Noob
Does anyone know if you can do anything after doing f2,1 as an anti air? I don't use f2,1 as an anti air but sometimes I throw it out randomly and accidently catch my opponent while he jumps or when he's about to land. So I was wondering if I can get more damage off of this rather than just knock him down.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Does anyone know if you can do anything after doing f2,1 as an anti air? I don't use f2,1 as an anti air but sometimes I throw it out randomly and accidently catch my opponent while he jumps or when he's about to land. So I was wondering if I can get more damage off of this rather than just knock him down.
Only in the corner.

Shords

Noob
Like what cgerrr said ^^ Jerry aka Shords at ReveLAtions taught me that you can get a d1 after an uppercut in the corner.

So you can get a good combo after it by doing something like this:

Not sure on the damage, and there is a lot of different stuff you can do with it.

Where are you Jerry? I know you read this shit lol

haha got called out. my favorite combo has got to be (corner) uppercut, d1x4. There's only one thing better than finishing an opponent off with a d1 and that's a d1 juggle combo!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Messing around with her last night, probably already been posted if so I apologize.

Corner Combo

JIP > f2,1 > NJP > 4 > Fan Toss > 333 > Lift > b2 > Air Fan > pause > Fan Toss > 333. 49% damage

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
In that combo Rap, can you tag a 3,3,3~fan into a 3,3,3~ lift??? I've seen it done on a video, but not sure if in that combo you could tag it or not.

in the first post of this topic the kitana combos are listed. is this her main bnb?

51% - f+2,1, NJP, 4~Fan Toss, 4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, 4~d,f+2 (bob)

and does it do 48% damage atm? also, is there a dash after the first NJP? i cant get it to connect without the dash. would this be the exact input?:

51% - f+2,1, NJP,ff, 4~Fan Toss, 4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, 4~d,f+2

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
in the first post of this topic the kitana combos are listed. is this her main bnb?

51% - f+2,1, NJP, 4~Fan Toss, 4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, 4~d,f+2 (bob)

and does it do 48% damage atm? also, is there a dash after the first NJP? i cant get it to connect without the dash. would this be the exact input?:

51% - f+2,1, NJP,ff, 4~Fan Toss, 4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, 4~d,f+2
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Messing around with her last night, probably already been posted if so I apologize.

Corner Combo

JIP > f2,1 > NJP > 4 > Fan Toss > 333 > Lift > b2 > Air Fan > pause > Fan Toss > 333. 49% damage
You don't want to do the 333 that early in the combo if it's the corner as it causes a lot of proration. Also if you do the basic 48% bnb with a j.P it's 50%.

Jump in + ending with 333 cutter on BNB i think is 51 or 52%

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
trying to practice d1 to lift but this bitch keeps on flying across the damn screen!
There are three ways to do it:

1. Hit exactly d/b+1 then b2
2. Quickly go from back to down+1 then b2 (b~d+1~b2)
3. Hold down, slide from d to d/b+1 then b2 or Hold down, press 1~bb2 <-- Best way

I sometimes get the Square Boost accidentally too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you may know, I use JPS~f41~Cutter a lot... maybe too much. I think it's good because if it hits, you get like 20% and a safe jump. If it is blocked, you get 7/12 of a meter which is huge. Does anyone know how much chip the combo does on block?

I need to start leaving off the Cutter when the JPS hits so I can maximize damage though.

Status
Not open for further replies.