What's new

Khrome character Push Thread

khrome

Master of The Universe
Funny how quick people on here are to shit on anything that's "outside the box" or away from the norm..

I think it's an interesting idea. A ninja who can use his limbs as weapons, literally.. and maybe could have some kind of defense buffing move implemented because of his armor-esque skin.

Also I don't see why Khrome being "another palette swap" is so terrible. Especially considering how many fan boys characters like Ermac, Reptile, Noob, Tremor, etc. have accumulated while they are themselves.. palette swaps (or at least started out as such).

The "I'd rather have ______ instead" argument is also moot.. because all mentioned would be returning characters, while Khrome would be a new character. So what's with all the negativity? Why not support people trying to give to the community with new ideas instead of tearing them down?..
Thanks. Khrome also has another thing going for him. He can shapeshift into any character. Now there's no Shang Tsung, Khrome could fill that void.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Funny how quick people on here are to shit on anything that's "outside the box" or away from the norm..

I think it's an interesting idea. A ninja who can use his limbs as weapons, literally.. and maybe could have some kind of defense buffing move implemented because of his armor-esque skin.

Also I don't see why Khrome being "another palette swap" is so terrible. Especially considering how many fan boys characters like Ermac, Reptile, Noob, Tremor, etc. have accumulated while they are themselves.. palette swaps (or at least started out as such).

The "I'd rather have ______ instead" argument is also moot.. because all mentioned would be returning characters, while Khrome would be a new character. So what's with all the negativity? Why not support people trying to give to the community with new ideas instead of tearing them down?..
Probably because not everybody needs to like this Khrome (godawful name btw) character to begin with dude. Get over it.

Maasik

Noob
Probably because not everybody needs to like this Khrome (godawful name btw) character to begin with dude. Get over it.
You don't have to like him and you certainly can voice your opinion.. But there's a way to do it respectfully, that's what my problem is. Get over yourself.

khrome

Master of The Universe
I don't have a problem with people not liking Khrome. It's the ignorant people that pisses us off. They don't know about the concept before they reply making themselves look bad and for a needless reply.

khrome

Master of The Universe
What do you guys think of Khrome as being a descendant of Shang Tsung? Scorpion has Shang Tsung's fireball move now, but Khrome could work as descendant because they both shapeshift. Also Khrome is unique, he can form knives and stabbing weapons, form a shield, turn into liquid, detach portions of his/her body and even make animals such as eels that are a part of him/her.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
What do you guys think of Khrome as being a descendant of Shang Tsung? Scorpion has Shang Tsung's fireball move now, but Khrome could work as descendant because they both shapeshift. Also Khrome is unique, he can form knives and stabbing weapons, form a shield, turn into liquid, detach portions of his/her body and even make animals such as eels that are a part of him/her.
I was thinking he could be an experiment of Shang Tsung's. In the original timeline, Shang scraps and destroys Khrome for whatever reason, hence why we never seen Khrome. But since Shang is dead in THIS timeline, Khrome breaks out. Just a thought.

khrome

Master of The Universe
I just had another idea, what if Khrome turns into a metal panther or metal Godzilla for his Fatality/Animality.

khrome

Master of The Universe
I hate to break it to you, but i think there might be more people that want Drahmin than there are people wanting this make-believe Khrome guy.
Could you name one character from Deadly Alliance, Deception or Armageddon that will definitely not make an appearance in MKX? You confirmed that Motaro and Hsu Hao will be absent and its common knowledge that you dislike Drahmin, although he has a cult following.

Uh huh, Drahmin! He's not gonna get into this game. *laughs*
Source: http://www.thekombattether.com/gamescom/ed-boon-interview.html

Enjoy.

Could you name one character from Deadly Alliance, Deception or Armageddon that will definitely not make an appearance in MKX? You confirmed that Motaro and Hsu Hao will be absent and its common knowledge that you dislike Drahmin, although he has a cult following.

Uh huh, Drahmin! He's not gonna get into this game. *laughs*
Source: http://www.thekombattether.com/gamescom/ed-boon-interview.html

Enjoy.
That doesn't change the point that people want Drahmin more than your metallic silly putty man

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
@khrome
I'm not sure how many times you have to hear it, but dude, they can't use your concepts. It's straight up a legal issue.

I understand the cute little NRS statue story of how Khrome came about, but even if they did put him in a game, NRS would be unable to use your liquid metal or shape shift concept. Sadly because your pushing it so hard, you're literally making it less and less likely because you're making it more and more of your concept.

It's ok that you like Khrome. It's ok that you made a thread about it.

But bringing it up every few days just to remind everyone of your concept is becoming sad to watch. Like wheelchair bound 8year old with cancer sad. That sad. Sorry, man. It's just how I honestly feel at this point.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@khrome
I'm not sure how many times you have to hear it, but dude, they can't use your concepts. It's straight up a legal issue.

I understand the cute little NRS statue story of how Khrome came about, but even if they did put him in a game, NRS would be unable to use your liquid metal or shape shift concept. Sadly because your pushing it so hard, you're literally making it less and less likely because you're making it more and more of your concept.

But bringing it up every few days just to remind everyone of your concept is becoming sad to watch. Like wheelchair bound 8year old with cancer sad. That sad. Sorry, man. It's just how I honestly feel at this point.
That is not what he wants to hear, then he will think ppl are trying to blow him up for it, sadly.

khrome

Master of The Universe
@khrome

I respect what you are saying but everyday there is new people coming here because of MKX and I'm trying to push Khrome and give him the exposure he needs to reach out to different audiences.

khrome

Master of The Universe
@khrome

Can't the just do a female Khrome? :p

@khrome

^This is true. @khrome, you're obvisouly very, very, very passionate about this, and that's cool, and you really want this idea to happen.

So instead of posting on the official boards and TYM, where we can't do anything since we're just fans like you, why don't you Tweet Ed Boon a _concise_ rundown of your idea.

He's great at replying to people, and you'll finally get your answer. If he doesn't reply at all, that'd also be a no.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
^This is true. @khrome, you're obvisouly very, very, very passionate about this, and that's cool, and you really want this idea to happen.

So instead of posting on the official boards and TYM, where we can't do anything since we're just fans like you, why don't you Tweet Ed Boon a _concise_ rundown of your idea.

He's great at replying to people, and you'll finally get your answer. If he doesn't reply at all, that'd also be a no.
I don't think you understand what i am explaining to him.

Since its his concept and concept art, NRS legally can't use it, even for a 5 year old's lemonade stand logo. If they did he could legally have them give him money for using his material.

The issue has actually already happened to a degree in Skullgirls (i think, could have been another game). Someone rallied so hard for their idea to get in the game and it actually did. So that person demanded money because he saw that he could. The company ultimately had to scrap the character because they couldn't use it without paying big bucks to some random guy.

Even if @khrome promised he wouldn't demand money, NRS aren't noobies to the business side of things especially dealing with copyright.

You could draw a doodle on a napkin and if someone in uses it somewhere in ANYTHING that makes profit somehow, they can sue or demand money by law. This is the world we live in. Its just how it works.

This is basically just a self-indulgent thread that he keeps bringing up every few days. He just wants absolutely everyone to see it even though more than once people have explained how copyright works to him.

Last edited:
I don't think you understand what i am explaining to him.
And I don't think that you know how business actually works :-7 One piece of paper signed by both sides is all it takes to get all the potential BS out of the world. No one would be sueing anyone, if the rights to that character got sold for 5$ and it got signed on official documents.

The Skullgirls story you were talking about sounds fishy as hell and you're not making a better case either, by admitting that it might have been another game.

This is basically just a self-indulgent thread that he keeps bringing up every few days. He just wants absolutely everyone to see it even though more than once people have explained how copyright works to him.
That's my problem with this character and something I can agree with.

I wouldn't mind seeing Khrome as a character in the game if it was something officially imagined and developed by the guys from NRS, but a community member having the idea and trying to sell it like it's the best thing since sliced bread, is kinda annoying and immature. I just don't feel it.

No offense to anyone.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
@Killzone
Why would I make up something like that?

And as stated in @Swindle 's link to the story you could see that even written agreements from fans could become a huge debacle.

If you're a masochistic and decide to go back to read the first few pages of the thread you could also see EarlyReflections brings up that Ed has even told a fan that he can't use his work already. Its just too sticky of a situation.

Lets just leave this be and not help promote this thread by having conversations on it lol.