What's new

Guide - Cutthroat Kano Hype Train Video by Pig of the Hut & Machinima

Status
Not open for further replies.

ando1184

Noob
Ok I just got caught up from reading every post in here and I gotta say: this has really derailed from the most part of what this was gonna initially be. We went from Kano hype and his awesomeness to secret elite society NRS illuminati division. Now I take some of the blame for that since my earlier post were from a 1st glance perspective. By that, I mean I watched the vid 1 time while already having a bad day and took it as "pig's really making this guy out to be better than he is." Well, I'm here to say I watched it a few more times and in essence of what the vid was described to be, IT IS EXACTLY THAT. So to @Pig Of The Hut, I'm sorry for overreacting. Yeh it woulda been nice to show the good and bad of Kano's strengths and weaknesses but the vid was meant to be about why we have a higher fluctuation CT players. So I gotta hold that guys. I look forward to more vids in the future pig. But please try and give a perspective to demonstrate a character's weaknesses (however small they might be) in with the mix, so this clusterf*** of a thread doesn't happen again. Oh and yeh we should be more geared towards leveling up and tech talk on this site. It is sad when people call you out and say you're not good (@cossner and @PrimBloodGhost), regardless of anything that player has done or hasn't done in tourney they are contributing in some way here. So as a fellow Kano player I gotta take up for him on that note because yeh, the crybaby antics are annoying and bad but trying to "expose" someone in a negative way is just as damaging. Sorry, I just wanted to throw that in there too because this site really is intended to be a "leveling up" tool and resource. But the current direction a thread like this has taken, will definitely detour players from this site . So I definitely don't want that, because this place is both a good resource and has some really cool people along with it. Anyway, sorry for the long post.

Goat-City

Banned
You made a video about Kano and made him look hella good. Like too good of varient. You claimed he can break every armor in the game but not talk about how vulnerable he if you guess wrong and how CT need meter for all his cancels. Doing a Oh cancel Oh in the corner is on a hard read only. If you guess wrong you loss meter.

His Blade slice is only 15 on hit advantage -5 on block with good range, sure. But you make it seems like this a godlike move. Not really..you can get punish on read if you keep using it like a scrub. And calling Kano top 5 is begging for brain bead followers of yours to flock to him. I swear he better not get nerf to all your upplaying!
Every single character in the top 10 needs nerfs including Kano because they're the reason this game is scrubby.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
No, i never meant that. He did retire from tourneys except for ESL since that's just online tournament and it's free money so he's 34 or 33. The man obviously must have a job, he's kinda old. And not only that, most people that go to tourneys aren't really his age or are alot younger than him like dragon, sonicfox, djt etc. So i'm pretty sure other players that are younger than him would have alot more time to practice, learn MU's etc. :)
What? you literally wrote this:
He doesn't go to tournaments anymore, he has a life....
as a reply to what MadeOfMetal said:
"i trust people who constantly make 1st over Pig who doesn't ever win tournaments. Go ahead and be a kano player, we know you will go nowhere with him."
Come on man, I mean if you support Pig then be my guest but don't pretend he doesn't place because his age or job, SonicFox placed when he was in highschool with homework and all that; plus Pig isn't the only competitor with a job, that's just a convinient excuse and a bad one btw.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@EMPEROR_SunFire
There are literally hundreds of ways having a 6 frame poke would help any character in any situation. If a character doesn't have one it is a detriment end of story.

In the Mileena mu it is my opinion that in any case where there are neutral frames or Mileena is -1, she wins the trade with her d1. Against a character that you have to work so hard against, it sucks to get in only to get beat out by a 6 frame d1 and lose your turn.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
@EMPEROR_SunFire
There are literally hundreds of ways having a 6 frame poke would help any character in any situation. If a character doesn't have one it is a detriment end of story.

In the Mileena mu it is my opinion that in any case where there are neutral frames or Mileena is -1, she wins the trade with her d1. Against a character that you have to work so hard against, it sucks to get in only to get beat out by a 6 frame d1 and lose your turn.
Oh okay! I didn't think it that way. My bad.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
What? you literally wrote this:

as a reply to what MadeOfMetal said:

Come on man, I mean if you support Pig then be my guest but don't pretend he doesn't place because his age or job, SonicFox placed when he was in highschool with homework and all that; plus Pig isn't the only competitor with a job, that's just a convinient excuse and a bad one btw.
I don't know, i was just making an assumption. It's obvious he must have a job, i'm not a pig of the hut fanboy. I just respect the guy for being so damn good with a bad character. Sonicfox placed at ages of 16 and 17 and also placed with very good characters too LOL. That's alot younger than 33. The reason i'm mentioning age is because your reactions aren't really as good as a young teenager and pig's anti-airing and reactions are on point. Why are even discussing this? It's his life, why do care what he does. Homework is a lot less stressful than having to work 12 hours a day. I'm un-watching this thread lol.

Where are you guys getting the idea he wants Kano nerfed? NRS has said they aren't patching anymore, which means they aren't patching anymore. He also never mentions nerfs in the video.

Also he doesn't need meter to do that much damage because meterless he can still end in a hard knockdown and get to do another safe 50/50(which is what Pig's video describes btw). Those 50/50 combos add up. Plus he can build meter fairly easily. Db1 is now safe and hits from practically anywhere on the screen.

This just seems like Pig is making videos showing why certain characters are really good. He did the same for DLC characters when they came out. If NRS chooses to nerf that is on them but again...there are no more patches. This is really not that big of a deal.
Damn did NRS really say they aren't patching the game anymore?

Man, can't tell if it's chunks of envy or paranoia in the shit smeared all over this thread.

At least I know who's opinions are coming straight from their assholes now.

The OP went through the effort of making an instructional video for the community and gets personally attacked for reasons entirely unrelated to the content of said video. Gross.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Wow, such a good argument... Well, not having a 6F poke is a disadvantage against anyone with a 6F poke which is Kitana, Mileena, Kotal, Shinnok, Goro, Quan and others. I was wondering why he said it was a disadvantage specially against her when there are a lot of characters with 6F pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.