What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

I use a controller, and don't screw up all that much, you just gotta get it into a rhythm. once you can do that, then you can start trying it with other strings

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
It allows us to keep pressure, build more meter, and avoid wakeup attacks, so I'd say it's pretty important.

AC1984

Kaballin!
That happened to me at least 15 times against Raiden and Sektor. I remained in block but lost my meter.....

It happened to me a few times.

Like I'm trying to get out of Johnny Cage's frame traps so I try an EX baton sweep. I lose a meter but nothing happens. It doesn't even go to the start up animation or sound.. I just see my meter disappear. It's really frustrating.

I thought armor was supposed to kick in on frame 0.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
That glitch happens even OUT of those situations, worse, in COMBOS. Watch me in this tourney using K lao EN Hat Throw and the meter depletes BUT the hat is the regular one...

At 02:26

That's a different glitch and an even worse one.
The glitch the OP is making reference to is called "Meter drain glitch", in which you try to Armor through but you get hit in the very first frame.
Your glitch happened mid combo, when nobody was hitting you, which makes it worse.

Now, the Meter drain glitch only affects certain character's armor. For example, Shang Tsung's EX SS armor is instantaneous, which makes string-interrupting a piece of cake.

Lulzlou

Noob
I noticed from errors that when I waited too long for the spin, the opponent can block when the spin starts to slow down. They can't do anything else BUT block (I think). I was going to try this at a meet up last night but it got canceled because of weather issues. So I've been spinning myself trying to figure out if there was to get out of the spin early besides blocking. I have yet to find something, so please let me know if you actually can.

So I had an theory for a possible mix-up/reset.

The first clip is me showing that the opponent blocks after awhile, I know every Kabal player knows this. I threw it in there just to show anyway.
The second clip is me trying to get out of the spin. I know I'm just mashing it but I've tried everything else.
The 3rd and 4th clip is showing basic stuff you can do with it. I'm sure if this is actually practical, you could do so much more. I didn't do anything fancy, so don't judge lol.
If you add up all the damage, including block, thats 50% damage right there.
Can I get any feedback? I haven't seen anyone doing something like this or talk about it. If someone has, please point me in the right direction. I've been only playing the character for 2-3weeks and joined the scene late december.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
What are you showing exactly?looking at the video the 1,1,b3 string can be interrupted by some characters before the kick comes out. And also if they block that low and block your dash you are done. Cancel those spins.

Lulzlou

Noob
<_< Maybe I need to explain it better. I was talking about how they can't do anything but block during that part of the spin.

Yes you can cancel the ND, but what if the low hits? That is 20%+ extra damage. Also in the 3rd clip I did a TS as a possible mix up.

I didn't know some characters can interrupt the kick. So what you are saying, its not worth it at all? I'm not saying it should be done every single time. I was hoping to use it as an extra tool to use.

Edit: With more testing you could do JIP 11b4. If they do decide to block low during that part of the spin, the jip will hit them. Still even have a chance to do a ts at the end. I dunno, to me on paper it sounds like it would work. I would like someone to discuss it with me because there aren't any kabal players in my area. I have a meet up with some of the nova players so I'll test it there if I get no response.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I see how you are thinking here (i guess). OKey, after the last part of the video you apply the b121 juggle starter and follow it up with 2 hits into the knee with Nomad Dash. After that you waited for the opponent to block (cause he cant Do anything else, right?) so you could (reset) and apply pressure. But you Can get to the same scenario by applying full combo after the spin and reseting It with the f4 ( the only thing opponent can do it block). You sacrificed additional damage before reset. Kabal combos in 95% are always ended with f4 that resets the opponent to block state (just like the "spin" rest) In both cases opponent HAS to block, but in your case you let go the additional damage. That is how I see it ;]

Lulzlou

Noob
I see how you are thinking here (i guess). OKey, after the last part of the video you apply the b121 juggle starter and follow it up with 2 hits into the knee with Nomad Dash. After that you waited for the opponent to block (cause he cant Do anything else, right?) so you could (reset) and apply pressure. But you Can get to the same scenario by applying full combo after the spin and reseting It with the f4 ( the only thing opponent can do it block). You sacrificed additional damage before reset. Kabal combos in 95% are always ended with f4 that resets the opponent to block state (just like the "spin" rest) In both cases opponent HAS to block, but in your case you let go the additional damage. That is how I see it ;]
Finally a good response. Everytime I'm a little late with the spin they always end up blocking it so I was just trying to find a way to throw in something random. Like I said, this is something you shouldn't do all the time. But you do have 2 or 3 chances with it. If you JIP with the 11b4.

That is where I think the other guy, and everyone else I'm assuming, took it wrong. I did not mean to use this a replacement to the f4 reset, which is actually used in the last clip. To me it feels like it could be worth the risk if you apply a more damaging combo then still have the f4 reset at the end of the whole set up. It was a simple combo to explain it but maybe I should have explained it a little better.

I'd used it in these situations sometimes;
If I feel like I'm going to be late on spin and they just end up blocking. I could cancel the dash easy if I feel like its not going to work
throw it in randomly (not meaning all the time. Maybe once or twice in a match. More if I got away with it after the first two)
Or If I'm 80% sure I could pull it off. Which is all based on reads of how the opponent plays.

I'll see how it actually works in a real match. I'm meeting up with the NoVA players today and definitely going to try it out. If I can get some footage of it, I'll post it here.

thanks for taking the time to reply. if you are confused about anything, I'll try to re-word it better. I'm terrible at explaining things but I don't know any good kabal players here so I'm stuck posting it here.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Hey, i've been using Kabal for a long time but there's some moves that i just can't do at all, hoping to get some tips from you Kabal experts :)

Let's start with something that's (probably) easy for most people, B1, 2, NDC, B1, 2, NDC etc.
I've been trying this for pressure but i can't get it to come out. If i start with B1, 2, NDC, it works fine because of negative edge, but if i do it again straight after, the dash doesn't come out. Same thing if i start with a Jip, dash doesn't come out. I'm sure it's because i'm expecting the negative edge to give me the dash but it doesn't, so i try inputting BF4, but for some reason it doesn't come out.
I can get that string to work if i do for example, F32, NDC, D3, B1, 2, NDC. Because of (i think) the negative edge.

Another string i'm having trouble with is after B1, 2, 1, doing B1, NDC, 2, 4. Finding it hard to get the dash cancel and then the 2 after the B1.

Basically any tips to improve my execution with Kabal would be greatly appreciated. I drop a lot of strings. I pretty much only play online, no offline scene in my area. Playing online makes doing a lot of strings even harder but once i can get them down in training i think i should be fine.

You have to get the timing exactly right for the b1 adter the b1,2, 1. It should be easy from there, auto 2 wait for tem to drop then f4. I still have trouble with it

Lulzlou

Noob
That's what i've been trying to do, just won't come out for some reason, guess i'll have to just keep practising.

Nice Kabal at Battle and Brew btw, great matches !
you are probably pressing/holding back+block too early. That is one of the things I kept having an error on. Each move has its own timing to do so. Don't hit back+block right away, give it a tad bit of time.

For the B1~NDC, do B1~f4 cancel

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
That's what i've been trying to do, just won't come out for some reason, guess i'll have to just keep practising.

Nice Kabal at Battle and Brew btw, great matches !
Oh thanks! I should have used him sooner and I might have won...oh well

I find that when I input the bf4 motion it has to be on the animation of move I'm cancelling so on b12 cancel it really looks like this:

B1 2 (I watch the animation and as the 2 comes out I do bf4) then as the spin animation comes out I hit b block. But honestly practice is the best way...just know it can be one.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Oh thanks! I should have used him sooner and I might have won...oh well

I find that when I input the bf4 motion it has to be on the animation of move I'm cancelling so on b12 cancel it really looks like this:

B1 2 (I watch the animation and as the 2 comes out I do bf4) then as the spin animation comes out I hit b block. But honestly practice is the best way...just know it can be one.
Thanks for the help ! I'll try inputting BF4 when i see 2 come out.

Like Lulzlou said, i think i'm trying to cancel the dash before it comes out, which is the problem i had when i first started using Kabal and doing the F32, NDC string.

Appreciate the help !